Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can tell that’s a spin from a local media source - Hawks somehow found themselves hanging on at the end from a 19 point lead. 

Rivers seemed to get the measure at the end with Philly’s D. 

This is by no ways and means influenced by my dislike of Trae Young 

Yeah it's local sports page bias probably. But the fact that they went to Philly and won is impressive. People kept saying Hawks have no chance with a fit Joel Embiid. 

Utah scrape by the Clippers 112-109. Donovan Mitchell with 45 points. My worry with Utah is they played so well and Clippers weren't that good yet Utah only won by 3 points. 

So I've been playing NBA 2K21, it's crazy how it helps you pick up the tactical side of a game and understand it more. I learned the rules of tennis the same way :D

So decided to watch the re run of the Nets v Bucks game last night as it was on Sky. I assume that was top echelon basketball because some of it was insane lol

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

So I've been playing NBA 2K21, it's crazy how it helps you pick up the tactical side of a game and understand it more. I learned the rules of tennis the same way :D

So decided to watch the re run of the Nets v Bucks game last night as it was on Sky. I assume that was top echelon basketball because some of it was insane lol

Nets are absolute stacked with talent. The Man City of basketball :D they score at will and Kevin Durant is a 6'11 behemoth. 

The Bucks are also a very good team but they got absolutely steamrolled by a superior side. 

Just hope the Nets don't win BUT the quality of the rest isn't great.  The Clippers just don't seem to perform as they should with George & Leonard.  The East is weak.

Disappointed the Lakers are out, LBJ's clock is ticking, perhaps one more really good year, Pelinka needs to find a 3rd star but is limited with spend.  AD needs to play a full season.

Normally (last 7-10 years) I watch most of the playoffs particularly the Conf Semi's & Finals but not that bothered this year.  Loved all the Warriors final years but feel like the Nets will buy this championship, interesting to see how long Irving, KD and Harden stay.

Hard to believe the Hawks are in the semi's, I was in Atlanta for work Feb 20 and saw them play vs the Knicks I think, they won but were poor and there weren't many there.

Just don't want it all to be too 1 sided and the Bucks have been buried so far by sounds of it.

I wouldn't say the East is that weak. Philly got a good side with Joel Embiid being the phenomenal player he is + Ben Simmons, Seth Curry etc. Milwaukee got a 2 time regular season MVP in Giannis and couple of decent players like Chris Middleton. Atlanta are surprisingly good. Trae Young is 6'1 and plays like a very young Allen Iverson. I haven't even mentioned the Brooklyn Nets who are stacked with talent and who will probably win the title. 

I've watched the NBA for over 20 years and I personally think the standard is better. Back then big men were used for muscle and rebounds. People complain that the league is less physical but players today are so much more technically gifted. Today you get 6'11 guys who can move up and down, super mobile and can shoot 3s. Nikola Jokic looks like he belongs in a Serbian prison but man just won the regular season MVP and is shooting 3s for fun. 

For comparison to football, a big target man is kinda useless these days. No serious top level team players with a proper target man. Olivier Giroud is the last of a dying breed. Teams look for attackers who can play as inverted forwards in a fluid 4-3-3. 

I'm enjoying this new crop of players drafted in the last 5-6 years. Doncic, Trae Young, Giannis, Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, Donovan Mitchell, Devon Booker, Jason Tatum. I'm enjoying 6'11 guys who can dribble and shoot 

On 09/06/2021 at 08:47, filbertway said:

You did well to learn the rules of tennis playing NBA, impressive. 

• Haha 1

Nets could go 3-0 up tonight and wrap up the series pretty much. Bucks need to go down swinging, none of this soft passive weak approach. Don't let the Nets steamroll you again. I'm looking at you Giannis. 

Suns 1 foot in the western conference finals. Hopefully the opponents will be Utah. Looking forward to Phoenix v Utah match up. Devin Booker v Donovan Mitchell. 

The winner will be swept by Brooklyn anyway lol

Edited by Koke

Nets will get over the line I think with the next games being played at home. 

Phoenix steamroll Denver 4-0 and can rest now whilst waiting for the outcome of Utah-Clippers which will likely go to game 7.

Suns sweep Denver but the other 3 semi finals are 2-2. I think Nets and Philly will eventually have too much for the Bucks and Hawks but I can't call the Utah-Clippers series.