Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

The Photography Thread

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I'm so shit at taking pictures with my phone, any tips for me?

Any time I take a pic of scenery that looks stunning in person, the photo never does it justice.

I'd like some tips with this too. We're pretty blessed where we live and we have some spectacular views, but no photo looks anything like what I can actually see lol

I'm pretty sure @lifted*foxis amazing at taking photos, he might reply if he sees this

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Any time I take a pic of scenery that looks stunning in person, the photo never does it justice.

what phone are you using? 

getting good scenery / landscape shots with a phone is always hard because you cant really get much depth so everything ends up looking a bit flat. 

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

what phone are you using? 

getting good scenery / landscape shots with a phone is always hard because you cant really get much depth so everything ends up looking a bit flat. 

Thanks

Samsung S9. Not ultra modern but not too ancient either.

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Thanks

Samsung S9. Not ultra modern but not too ancient either.

yeah, I guess it's just not got a very powerful camera - looking at the specs. 

it'll struggle with the detail and depth - phones generally tend to do better with things nearer to you. 

people who shoot landscapes and get amazing shots tend to have the right lenses etc. to do so. 

even my fuji x100f doesn't do a great job on scenery stuff because of the lens specs but i bought it for street photography so, I lean towards that anyway.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

The single thing I've found most helpful in getting visually appealing images since getting more into photography is turning on the grid lines. Applying the rule of thirds and having something, either the subject of some vanishing point, located at those points where the lines intersect can be really nice.

Changing the angle you take the photo from, particularly getting closer to the ground, can also give your photos something a bit different.

Attached are a few I've taken over the years (I like sunsets). I think they were all taken on my phone.

IMG_2298.jpeg

IMG_4132.jpeg

IMG_4516.jpeg

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_1483.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We picked up an old piano a few weeks ago and just had somebody round to clean and tune it. Underneath the keys he found a message written by a father to his daughter 109 years ago - which probably hasn't been seen by anybody else since...

Piano.jpg

Is It still in Swansea or do you live somewhere else?

• Like 1