Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

The Photography Thread

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

My Fujinon X-T3 has arrived! So chuffed - first own pro camera in twelve months.

Can't wait to try it out.

I had an X-T1 and it was a lovely camera. The colours are superb.

The Fuji 18mm prime lens was a beautiful thing and you can pick them up for a few hundred quid.

I'll be keen to see some XT-3 pics

38 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

I had an X-T1 and it was a lovely camera. The colours are superb.

The Fuji 18mm prime lens was a beautiful thing and you can pick them up for a few hundred quid.

I'll be keen to see some XT-3 pics

I've studied tons of reviews online and watched so many video reviews on YouTube prior to going for the X-T3.

None of the cameras or makes I saw truly had me hooked, the closest I got to a purchase was with the Panasonic GH5 due to its IBIS (then they removed it again with the GH5S! lol).

The X-T3 does also give you 4K video and slow-motion video at 120fps, that's outrageous. It's weather-sealed (withstands rain to some extent), comes with a fantastic auto focus (can set it to either eye of the person you're shooting), and performs really well in low light situations.

It was more of a lucky coincidence with the Fuji and I'm glad I got one - despite the slightly inferior picture quality, I wasn't going back to full-frame cameras, as they tend to be too heavy and cumbersome to carry around. It's also less obtrusive due to its smaller size and doesn't make shutter noises.

The APS-C sensor these days comes very close to full-frame cameras, and the X-T3 body, as well as the lenses are (a lot) smaller and lighter than say a Canon 5D Mk. II.

It's just much more comfortable in terms of weight - the picture quality with Fujinon really is fantastic, they pride themselves still on the slightly "blueish" or "cold" look that we know from their film stock - as opposed to "warmer" Kodak colours.

The camera holds up very nicely, I have added a battery grip too, so that I can hold it better with one hand.

Next task is to stock up on lenses. Got my X-T3 with the 18-55mm kit lens, that should do for now. A 50mm prime lens and a 35mm equivalent are next on the shopping list, plus a longer zoom (up to 200mm or so).

Edited by MC Prussian

• 4 weeks later...

Some really amazing photos there - The one of Kel and Wilf particulary stands out to me. I think you've really captured the mood.

I understand why you may have reservations about putting them in the main forum but I think people would be interested in seeing these.

Can I ask what camera and lens you used to capture these?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

Some really amazing photos there - The one of Kel and Wilf particulary stands out to me. I think you've really captured the mood.

I understand why you may have reservations about putting them in the main forum but I think people would be interested in seeing these.

Can I ask what camera and lens you used to capture these?

Thanks for the nice comments. I used a Canon 5D Mark III and the 70-300 canon lens. ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/11/2018 at 10:10, davieG said:

Ever wondered what the Earth looks like from space?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/46252904

On 20/11/2018 at 10:14, Carl the Llama said:

Not really.

On 20/11/2018 at 10:38, Countryfox said:

Me neither.

Actually, it was a rather spectacular series of images. Thanks, Davie.

You see, Carl, if you actually availed yourself of the opportunities to educate yourself that there are on the internet, you might never have thought that Finland was in Scandinavia. Think on, lad... ;)

1 hour ago, Buce said:

You see, Carl, if you actually availed yourself of the opportunities to educate yourself that there are on the internet, you might never have thought that Finland was in Scandinavia. Think on, lad... ;)

Dont drag me into it Bucey ...   I know Finland is a northern state in Russia ...   :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Buce said:

Just think how many peoples' places of work are in those photographs, no wonder you're excited... :rolleyes: