Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

The Photography Thread

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/08/2018 at 20:42, Samilktray said:

What's your camera set up mate 

Hi mate, Fujifilm X100F shooting raw and post work done in Lightroom CC.

Love it because it's fixed-lens mirrorless so just go out and shoot without worrying about extra gear.

Having said that will be picking up the wide-angle conversion lens for it soon as I want some extra width on some shots. Might end up using that as my primary lens tbf. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sold my 5D last year, and the lenses subsequently also.

I've been losing interest in Canon cameras for a while now, promising too much, then not being able to follow it up, always opting for new cameras that kind of force you to go for the more expensive model if you want it all. And now, following the release of the new EOS R, I'm really disappointed in Canon, especially regarding the 4K crop and am looking at leaving the club for good. The body is a bit of a sham, weird button layout, no more function wheel and the lenses are ridiculously overpriced.

At the same time, in terms of budget and image quality and video functions, the new Fuji XT-3 has done it. My camera of choice as of right now, and am probably going for one once it comes out at the end of this month.

I miss shooting with a DSLR.

26 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Aww why? I always liked his posts :(

Me too. Daz was one of my favorite posters on here. He PM'd me his reasons but I probably shouldn't share them publicly!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

“Whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn’t mean it, I just want you back for good..”

:wub:

I'll be about mate, just less than before. 

A little break from this place did me good - I'm done arguing with the same blockheads every day. 

I'm just gonna try and contribute to some of the creative threads on here and ignore the argumentative stuff. 

TRY. 

:)

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I'll be about mate, just less than before. 

A little break from this place did me good - I'm done arguing with the same blockheads every day. 

I'm just gonna try and contribute to some of the creative threads on here and ignore the argumentative stuff. 

TRY. 

:)

Best of luck mate, love ya x

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

I'm starting to get back into film photography and I'm finding there's a charm about it, which I somehow forgot over the last 10/15 years.

I'll post some pictures as I remember how to use the equipment again... here's a quick one from the weekend:

img080a.thumb.jpg.c72399b8e8daa3f01193d627f2671690.jpg

that's nice. do you know the subject? or have you shot from the hip? 

I'm starting to get back into film photography and I'm finding there's a charm about it, which I somehow forgot over the last 10/15 years.

I'll post some pictures as I remember how to use the equipment again... here's a quick one from the weekend:

Her arm looks very long ...    alien perhaps ?? ....

What film?

Do you develop it yourself? I used to do it all myself when I was a teenager and lived at home but moving out I don't really have the space or time for the equipment. But the places I go to are either a) not great at developing it or b) very good but painfully slow. And there's something about handing over my B&W to someone else to process that depresses me. 

47 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

that's nice. do you know the subject? or have you shot from the hip? 

Thank you.

I cheated :(  I know her

32 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Her arm looks very long ...    alien perhaps ?? ....

Haha I never noticed that but now I can't un-see it!!

I can only imagine it's some sort of accidental forced perspective. Strange

26 minutes ago, bovril said:

What film?

Do you develop it yourself? I used to do it all myself when I was a teenager and lived at home but moving out I don't really have the space or time for the equipment. But the places I go to are either a) not great at developing it or b) very good but painfully slow. And there's something about handing over my B&W to someone else to process that depresses me. 

This was 35mm Ilford HP5

I've also started to shoot medium format (120 HP5 for ease), so I will see how that turns out.

I'm like you, I don't trust high street branches with my negatives and sending them away just takes too long.

I'm developing them myself - I kitted out my cellar into a darkroom and subsequently realised that I shouldn't have bothered, as I haven't really used it. I process the films in my bathroom with next to nothing - just a changing bag, a small tank, the chemicals and a couple of clips to hang them up to dry with.

The original reason for the darkroom was to print the images but to be honest I invested in a half decent negative scanner and it's so much quicker than spending hours (and wasting lots of paper) just trying to get one picture right in the darkroom.

Also, the good thing with doing it yourself is you can stick several rolls in and do them all at once at they're developed, dry and ready within 2 hours