Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Mark Davies - Is he pushing for a start?

I'd certainly start with Tunchev, I think that goes without saying.

Davies is a difficult one. CM is not Berner's natural position and I've always seen him as some sort of temporary stop-gap. Pearson felt that we were getting bullied a bit too much so he drafted Berner in there to toughen the midfield up a bit, and it was worked very well.

It's great to have such a strength in depth. Good players such as Max Gradel and Nicky Adams don't even make the bench sometimes.

Adams was awful against D+R tbh.

Adams was awful against D+R tbh.

He wasn't very good the last time I watched him either, which was long time ago though.

And I also wonder what Gradel is up to these days.

He wasn't very good the last time I watched him either, which was long time ago though.

If I were the manager I might well have sent him home to be with his family at Christmas. That's assuming his family celebrate Christmas, of course.

Busy young man, he`s got an awful lot of wives to shag ! not really fussed what he`s up to be honest as long as he`s nowhere near our starting 11.

i think gradel can do well for us, he just needs time

5 wins in a row suggests there is no need to fu(k with the formula...

as it stands, berner is playing well knowing that he is under pressure from the competition, and davies is playing well to try to force his way into the team.

loverly stuff...

Busy young man, he`s got an awful lot of wives to shag ! not really fussed what he`s up to be honest as long as he`s nowhere near our starting 11.

Yes, it's hard to know what to do about irresponsible women who singularly fail to understand the effect their selfish desires might have on Leicester City. :D

i think gradel can do well for us, he just needs time

on the subject of gradel, at the southend match i was in the prawn cocktail suite listening to steve walsh interviewing nicky adams and max gradel. walshie was trying to get a bit of banter going with them before the match, joking about pre-match rituals etc, but when he asked gradel why he hadn't been playing recently, he said he has had family problems... put a bit of a dampener on the interview, that's for sure, but i think it has been well documented that gradel's mind might be on more important things at the moment. seems a decent lad though. good luck to him.

Would you bring Tunchev back in though for this weekend, if fit?

Davies has looked good, but i'd keep him as sub for now. Dyer has looked his best with Mattock in my opinion, he enjoys the overlapping run allowing him to go a bit central.

Yes it's funny how Dyer struggles when he doesn't get assistance, just like Gradel.

Dropping Dyer would be idiocy.

Yeah, based on what we know Max CAN do our ideal situation would be Max and Gilbert on the right and Joe and Lloyd on the left potentially a lethal wide attack foursome, quite why Max has lost his way is a mystery but if it is family problems, which would be a hell of a weight on very young shoulders let`s hope for his, and our sake they`re soon sorted out.

From what I have seen, Max Gradel has a long way to go yet before establishing himself as a full time regular in the starting XI.

I do agree with what Ric says though, he is an ideal game changer, and bringing him on with half an hour left when we need a goal would be a good move.

He is not ready to be starting though.

From what I have seen, Max Gradel has a long way to go yet before establishing himself as a full time regular in the starting XI.

I do agree with what Ric says though, he is an ideal game changer, and bringing him on with half an hour left when we need a goal would be a good move.

He is not ready to be starting though.

Pearson prefers to use Oakley because, like Kelly before him with Stephen Hughes, he actually wants a midfielder rather than a winger.

Diplomatically he also wants Oakley to play and, to be honest, Oakley has fulfilled his brief so that's no problem.

The problem has been that Gradel would doubless also like to play and has no idea what to do about it seeing as, despite his high proportion of assists, the dice are clearly stacked agaiunst him.

I said earlier in the season he was being expected to do far more deep defending than I'd expect of a winger and it was just the same with Ryan Smith, Levi Porter, Laczko and Luke Dyer (Dyer does it quite well but his general play seems to be suffering now that he's being double banked s the only winger the opposition have to worry about).

Gradel's defending is far better than it was as an Academy player but he's not a natural and Oakley has the advantage of being able to supplement central midfield where we are sometimes under pressure if the opposition swamp that area.

Being the inevitable fall-guy may have drained Gradel's confidence but I'm not sure that's the case. Gradel seems a supremely confident kid to me and with good reason - even City players agree he has skills they can only dream about - but if that has happened it is no sort of compliment to the manager.

Given that our fans have shown him so little support as well, I still believe Gradel would be better off under a genuinely attacking manager rather than one who is actually quite cautious by nature cos we certainly don't seem capable of getting anything like the best from him. He needs a much more roving role and is far too contained in the present system.

Sir Alex would know how to use him...and perhaps his son would too.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but that today was his first start since the 05/06 season. I thought he was awesome, just what we needed in the middle.
He was bloody brilliant.

Fully agree, he really gets stuck in, and makes some quality passes under pressure.

Looks as though he loves bursting into the box to shoot too. Hope we extend his loan.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but that today was his first start since the 05/06 season. I thought he was awesome, just what we needed in the middle.

Yup.

He was fantastic, I like him alot.

He likes you too.

Archived