Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Mark Davies - Is he pushing for a start?

I should apologise too, we were sort of asked to leave the Indian and in our haste, we forgot to shovel the rest of the food in our pockets.

Schoolboy!

:giggle:

Fookin angry I didn't make it. I left work on Friday at midday and still wasn't sure what was happening as I was going away on Friday night up north, didn't get a chance to get yer namber before I left. I didn't think i'd make it back, but I did. I went to the game, all my mates were stopping in Leicester on the piss but I had to help a mate out and do a shift for him up the boozer. Tried to get out of it, even had a rough idea where i'd find you all without contacting you. But in the end had to come back home.

Hope you all had a good night and that disgraceful behaviour was rife.

Fookin angry I didn't make it. I left work on Friday at midday and still wasn't sure what was happening as I was going away on Friday night up north, didn't get a chance to get yer namber before I left. I didn't think i'd make it back, but I did. I went to the game, all my mates were stopping in Leicester on the piss but I had to help a mate out and do a shift for him up the boozer. Tried to get out of it, even had a rough idea where i'd find you all without contacting you. But in the end had to come back home.

Hope you all had a good night and that disgraceful behaviour was rife.

It was fairly disgusting by some people's standards but I'm not sure any of it would have impressed you, sir.

At the end of the night I had no food in my pockets (only 2 pages of a bible), I hadn't had sex at a tube station and I definitely didn't streak through the city centre (although I think I pretty much took my shirt off in Fan Club).

It was fairly disgusting by some people's standards but I'm not sure any of it would have impressed you, sir.

At the end of the night I had no food in my pockets (only 2 pages of a bible), I hadn't had sex at a tube station and I definitely didn't streak through the city centre (although I think I pretty much took my shirt off in Fan Club).

All the best,

God

xx

From what I'm reading Davies sounds like he's getting back to his best fairly quickly and could be the player that we're missing in the centre of the park. I, and most Wolves fans, would love to see Davies playing every week at Wolves but the concern is McCarthy's loayalty to players with the shirt. There's no doubt in my mind that Davies would be a better option for us than David Edwards or David Jones but I just can't see Davies getting into the Wolves squad that quickly. In which case I dont see why you couldn't re-sign him on loan once the 'emergency loan' expires. I'm sure everyone would rather see Davies playing every week than sitting in our reserves waiting for his chance.

Quick question: What sort of role/style of play have you seen from Davies? Has been bursting forward, taking people on etc or is he playing a deeper role?

From what I'm reading Davies sounds like he's getting back to his best fairly quickly and could be the player that we're missing in the centre of the park. I, and most Wolves fans, would love to see Davies playing every week at Wolves but the concern is McCarthy's loayalty to players with the shirt. There's no doubt in my mind that Davies would be a better option for us than David Edwards or David Jones but I just can't see Davies getting into the Wolves squad that quickly. In which case I dont see why you couldn't re-sign him on loan once the 'emergency loan' expires. I'm sure everyone would rather see Davies playing every week than sitting in our reserves waiting for his chance.

Quick question: What sort of role/style of play have you seen from Davies? Has been bursting forward, taking people on etc or is he playing a deeper role?

I've only seen him in our most recent game (a 4-0 win against Posh)... BUT he was class and he did it all. We sometimes have a tendency to get a bit bogged down in the middle as Andy King is something of a passenger - he can only play when he's got time and space, otherwise he doesn't fancy it. Therefore, for me, the fact we completely ran the show is a credit to both Davies and to Oakley (who does tend to drift in from the right).

He's got boundless energy, good strength, tenacity, good ball control and seems to be able to pick a pass. I'm dead impressed.

Against Posh he was always an option, always wanted the ball and very rarely wasted it. Sat deepish at times to pick the ball up but on a few notable occasions he bombed forwards with it and was often in and around the edge of their box.

Very impressed.

That said, it was the first time I've seen him and it does sound like it has been his best game for us.

Like you say, I can't see that an extension to the loan would do anyone any harm, especially if you had a recall clause in case of injury etc.

He did everything... he was popping up all over the place. Bursting forward and having shots, tracking back and tackling, making some cracking passes and one twos.

If we don't get him longer on loan, I'm going to hate that miserable s*** McCarthy even more than I already do!!!!!

I thought our performance against Peterborough was the best of the season so far, and the best i have seen since our 4-1 win at the Hawthorns last season.

Mark Davies and Andy King were both dominant, they dictated the direction of our attacks in possession, and fought hard to win the ball back when we didn't have it.

How exciting it was to see two players, just 21 and 19 respectively, play so well together.

I thought again defensively we looked balanced, Kerrea Gilbert continues to push forward and help Matt Oakley, who of course isn't a quick winger, but a very composed midfielder on the right. Bruno Berner, who wasn't at his best today, tried to support Lloyd Dyer and coped with Peterborough's attacking threat.

Well done to Matty for his 23rd of the season, it was superbly taken.

And how happy i was for Big Stevie, who took his goal superbly as well.

I think NP's starting XI at Elland Road sohould be unchanged, but i would bring in Joe Mattock, if fit, for Chris Powell on the bench.

Lets face it, Wolves would be mad not to have this lad involved. McCarthy has got this all right in my opinion.

This is going to come as a bit of **** to us, but its certainley going to happen sooner or later that the lad goes back. I would like to see Pearson make a push for another centre midfielder so we can play Bruno at left back or have the option of bringing him inside the midfield with Powell at left back as well.

But they don't come around that often, we all pretty certain that Mattocks off in January. Not sure on the price, but I can't see Milan saying have it back and buy a player with it. I confident with Pearson that he will make the right choices as so far he has got pretty much every thing spot on especially in the transfer market.

The lad looks bastard quality.

BUT how many loanees have we had in the past who look quality?

Then they sign and end up a bag full of piss....

MInd you...he does look REAL quality!!

Archived