Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

I'm going Birmingham next Friday for it, were u seated or standing? I've seen the setlist and to be fair im impressed with it,a good mixture and to hear mardy bum in full will be immense. Last time I saw them in notts in nov 09 they mixed it into the middle of Fluorescent Adolescent and it didnt work for me.

Still damn excited about the kooks which is a re scheduled gig for december

I was standing, Mardy bum was a acoustic version.

It was amazing dont get me wrong just last 3/4 tracks didnt really go off.

I see, well acoustic MB, suck it and see and 505 are hardly crowd bouncers. Nevertheless I'll be pleased if they play MB in full in brum next week. Where were u stood in relation to the stage?front? Middle?back? Was it messy and tight or did you have enough room to bounce around cos at Kasabian on Wednesday the front half of the room was ridiculously tight couldn't move bounce or jump around at all but was still a fantastic gig.cheers

I see, well acoustic MB, suck it and see and 505 are hardly crowd bouncers. Nevertheless I'll be pleased if they play MB in full in brum next week. Where were u stood in relation to the stage?front? Middle?back? Was it messy and tight or did you have enough room to bounce around cos at Kasabian on Wednesday the front half of the room was ridiculously tight couldn't move bounce or jump around at all but was still a fantastic gig.cheers

i was pretty much in the thick of it, proper sweating and my t -shirt from last night smells like shit. ha

Standing was sold out so it was rammed but not too bad on the space.

How was Kasabian? Seen the Horrors that night so didnt try and get tickets , got tickets for Kasabian for Notts arena though in December though.

They smashed it man it was truly something special to be in a venue that small and the energy Tom puts in is fantastic. Notts would b an interesting hope he gets a few Leicester chants going, he even sang E I e I e I o (MON at the end) as he walked off stage.

I know not technically music, but just booked a ticket to see Billy Connolly at the De Montfort Hall in January. Wanted to see him live my entire life and never thought I would. So I'm pretty chuffed! :D

Edited by MikeyT

I,m of to see

MOTORHEAD

UK SUBS

ANTI NOWHERE LEAGUE

PLYMOUTH PAVILIONS 14TH NOV#

will hopefully be video the whole gig

I'd double check it was on, if I were you. When I went to see Opeth in Bristol on Tuesday (Awesome by the way) Motorhead had cancelled because Lemmy had injured himself.

Next gig I'm going to is gonna probably be Defenders Of The Faith (In Flames, Trivium, Ghost and Insense) at the Pavilions.

Spot on, I was so impressed when I saw them earlier this year at Benicassim.

Ah, you went to Benicassim, smooth. Thinking of giving it a shot this time round - went to Coachella this year which I'd strongly recommend (unless you've already been, of course) but the timing of Benicassim in the calendar is much more suitable for me, what with work commitments, not to mention the weather. Doesn't seem to expensive either and always has a strong selection of headliners.

What was it like this year anyway mate? Good experience?

Ah, you went to Benicassim, smooth. Thinking of giving it a shot this time round - went to Coachella this year which I'd strongly recommend (unless you've already been, of course) but the timing of Benicassim in the calendar is much more suitable for me, what with work commitments, not to mention the weather. Doesn't seem to expensive either and always has a strong selection of headliners.

What was it like this year anyway mate? Good experience?

Cracking. We camped as it was our first time and all, but this year we're definitely doing it properly and getting a villa sorted. Waking up in the morning sweating your testicles off is not something I'd like to do again. That said, it was a bloody good week. The weather is an obvious bonus, and there are always enough decent acts there to entice you in. There's the usual selection of festival twats that seem to inhabit every one going now, but get over them easily and you'll have a great time.

That said, I'd love to go to Coachella at some point. Money always an issue with that, though.

Cracking. We camped as it was our first time and all, but this year we're definitely doing it properly and getting a villa sorted. Waking up in the morning sweating your testicles off is not something I'd like to do again. That said, it was a bloody good week. The weather is an obvious bonus, and there are always enough decent acts there to entice you in. There's the usual selection of festival twats that seem to inhabit every one going now, but get over them easily and you'll have a great time.

That said, I'd love to go to Coachella at some point. Money always an issue with that, though.

Haha, I can imagine the heat whilst camping being a little too much at times, it's almost peak summer isn't it? I've seen they've managed to rope the Stone Roses in already so my interest is immediately there, going to pitch it to a few mates I reckon. Love the idea of all the music being at night too, saves having to stumble out of a tent in the morning to catch afternoon sets.

Coachella was quality mate but it's all about the cash, why I'm looking at alternatives this year I suppose. If I've got Benicassim on my doorstep (by comparison), it seems a little daft to be doing it (Coachella) year on year. Anything but Reading / Leeds which - as you've quite rightly pointed out, has an ever-increasing number of stains attending.

Last time I went was '09. My mates made me miss Faith no More for Kings of Leon. It rained, they were awful, had no energy, the sound was bad, the crowd only wanted to hear two songs - in general it was depressing. When he shoted "We're the God damn Kings of Leon, so fuck you," it was so clear they'd gotten too big for their boots. Shame because they used to be a cracking live act, first few albums until they softened everything were fantastic. Never again, if I ever go to another British festival it'll more than likely be T in the Park or Glasto.

Edited by Langston