Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Adebayo Akinfenwa.

I think we should sign Ricky Lambert or Jermaine Beckford to be honest.

Then put a bid in for Mark Davies & Marton Fulop.

That'll get us promoted.

:laugh: I say we push the boat out a bit and go after Kaka :thumbup::ermm: .

I think we should sign Ricky Lambert or Jermaine Beckford to be honest.

Then put a bid in for Mark Davies & Marton Fulop.

That'll get us promoted.

Lambert yes

Beckford no thanks - rather Darren Bent can't get a look in at spurs.

Fulop - spot on

Davies - Yeah

Steven Taylor from Newcastle - Great defener.

That will get us promoted!

C'mon Milan get your checkbook out :thumbup:

ADEBAYO AKINFENWA.

Has bad knees and trains all week on his upper body. He then fully trains on the Friday and if he gets no bad reaction from knees Northampton play him on the Saturday.

Do Leicester want a player like this. Also the price being banded about is £100, 000

lol Can't say I'm surprised by any of that, what a waste of money he'd be even at £100,000.

Have been playing poker with Liam Miller (CB) and Mark Hughes (captian) of northampton town tonight at Gala Sol central!!! This is all speculation. They were all out for dinner on Monday night and when asked about Leicester Ade replied "all rumour no contact". Have also been told he is an awfull trainer and not well liked in the camp.

If anyone wants tickets for the match I am getting 8 but only in the home end im afraid.

Price?

Hahaha some of these replies are priceless. I never thought that Leicester fans thought themselves billy big boll*cks like those of Leeds. Your in for a tough old ride towards the end of the season with your strikers. Akinfenwa would make a nice little (or should that be massive) signing for you. I watch a lot of football and Bayo is one of the best hold up players in the division. He is also a lethal finisher. For probs about 100k you could get the player to fire you out of the division. Some of your fans on here sound totally igonorent, just because certain players come from unfashionable sides does'nt mean they are automatically sh*t!

Just for the record his game revolves around holding the ball up in and around the penalty box and playing in his attacking teammates. He is pretty much unmovable when he gets the ball. This game would work well whatever league he was in. If he gets a chance he will finish it aswell.

Hahaha some of these replies are priceless. I never thought that Leicester fans thought themselves billy big boll*cks like those of Leeds. Your in for a tough old ride towards the end of the season with your strikers. Akinfenwa would make a nice little (or should that be massive) signing for you. I watch a lot of football and Bayo is one of the best hold up players in the division. He is also a lethal finisher. For probs about 100k you could get the player to fire you out of the division. Some of your fans on here sound totally igonorent, just because certain players come from unfashionable sides does'nt mean they are automatically sh*t!

Just for the record his game revolves around holding the ball up in and around the penalty box and playing in his attacking teammates. He is pretty much unmovable when he gets the ball. This game would work well whatever league he was in. If he gets a chance he will finish it aswell.

Which is why he is one of the top scorers in the division. Oh wait. he isn't.

In the same way that generally our fans are probably ignorant about Northampton, I'd say Northampton fans are probably ignorant about us. We've had a player like Akinfenwa. His name was Mark de Vries. Suffice to say, it didn't work out. For a smaller club like Northampton, Akinfenwa is priceless. Everything goes through him and he's the focal point of the whole team when he plays (how else would Ryan Gilligan be able to be a professional footballer?) but I can just imagine him being terrible for us. He works better as a big fish in a small pond and if I come across as being "Billy Big Bollocks" for that then I apologise but it's a whole different ball game moving to Leicester from Northampton. You can hardly blame Leicester fans for being sceptical after the Josh Low fiasco (as it happens, I'm from Northampton and used to watch you fairly regularly at that time so knew he was flattering to deceive even in League Two)

For what it's worth, I think it'll be one of our hardest games of the season on Saturday if Akinfenwa plays. Northampton are hard to beat at Sixfields and play some really decent football. I think some of our fans will be surprised. Alternatively it could be Larkin and Gilligan and Dolman and 4-0 to us. Hopefully the latter, I couldn't bear to watch us get beat down here.

Oh and Stuart Gray is a superb manager with an eye for a brilliant young loan signing or twelve. A hundred times the manager Calderwood will ever be. It amazes me how well he's done with the resources he's got and if it wasn't for him, the Cardozas would probably have given up by now.

In the same way that generally our fans are probably ignorant about Northampton, I'd say Northampton fans are probably ignorant about us. We've had a player like Akinfenwa. His name was Mark de Vries. Suffice to say, it didn't work out. For a smaller club like Northampton, Akinfenwa is priceless. Everything goes through him and he's the focal point of the whole team when he plays (how else would Ryan Gilligan be able to be a professional footballer?) but I can just imagine him being terrible for us. He works better as a big fish in a small pond and if I come across as being "Billy Big Bollocks" for that then I apologise but it's a whole different ball game moving to Leicester from Northampton. You can hardly blame Leicester fans for being sceptical after the Josh Low fiasco (as it happens, I'm from Northampton and used to watch you fairly regularly at that time so knew he was flattering to deceive even in League Two)

For what it's worth, I think it'll be one of our hardest games of the season on Saturday if Akinfenwa plays. Northampton are hard to beat at Sixfields and play some really decent football. I think some of our fans will be surprised. Alternatively it could be Larkin and Gilligan and Dolman and 4-0 to us. Hopefully the latter, I couldn't bear to watch us get beat down here.

Post Fez.

Oh and Stuart Gray is a superb manager with an eye for a brilliant young loan signing or twelve. A hundred times the manager Calderwood will ever be. It amazes me how well he's done with the resources he's got and if it wasn't for him, the Cardozas would probably have given up by now.

Class post.

Have a look at his goals to game ratio this season!

Some of you are in cloud cuckoo land...'i think we should sign jermaine beckford'

You have more chance signing Germaine Greer

I don't actually recall reading that anywhere. Not on here anyway.

Maybe in some transfer gossip, but we wouldn't want him here anyway. You might want him at Sixfields, but we have our own proven goalscorer in Matty Fryatt.

To be fair I have to agree, although I asure you this is a recent phenomenon. At the start the season people were quite aware at how hard this league would be to get out. This continued up until about a month ago. Around the time we beat Peterborough attitudes started to change. This seems to have come in line with changes in media peceptions of us, and has led to many people getting carried away.

In defence of our fans it has been a while since we could be claim to be 'successful' or 'big' at anything and some of them are taking full advantage of this. However it is a dangerous state of affairs, as sometime sooner or later it will come back to bite us.

In summary appologies if it seems arrogant but its been such a long time since we have had something to look forward to people have got a bit carried away.

I think NP should let Malcolm Christie train with us until the summer.

And if we can get him 100% fit offer him a month by month contract.

I know hes left Leeds, and there are a lot of ifs and buts, but a fit Malcolm Christie, if thats possible its probably not :P is a better striker than anyone at the club.

Was a very good post mate. A lot of valid points. However, I don't see Akinfenwa as the same sort of player as De Vries. I think Akinfenwa is unique in the football league I really do. because his legs have been mangled he has devloped a game based around A. Being impossible to shift.B Having great ability to play people into the game C. Being able to finish with little space or backlift. He barely runs but he doesn't need to when he can just barge his way through and smack it in. For a big bloke he has great feet aswell.

p.s Glad to see a fellow PSG fan. Have been over there a couple of times to see them Allez Paris!

A. Being impossible to shift.B Having great ability to play people into the game C. Being able to finish with little space or backlift. He barely runs but he doesn't need to when he can just barge his way through and smack it in. For a big bloke he has great feet aswell.

Saw no evidence of any of that at the home game earlier this season. The reason for that was?

I think NP should let Malcolm Christie train with us until the summer.

And if we can get him 100% fit offer him a month by month contract.

I know hes left Leeds, and there are a lot of ifs and buts, but a fit Malcolm Christie, if thats possible its probably not :P is a better striker than anyone at the club.

Do you have ANY idea what you're talking about?

Archived