Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Adebayo Akinfenwa.

Can't find this with a search but with a name like that it could have been :dunno:

Speculation has risen in the past few weeks that Leicester City are looking to sign Northampton Town's powerhouse striker Adebayo Akinfenwa.

Fans favourite Bayo has scored 9 goals in all competitions this season for the Cobblers, and is their top goalscorer.

However, three times in recent weeks stories have popped up in national newspapers suggesting that Foxes manager Nigel Pearson is looking to strengthen his squad in their push for the Championship, and Akinfenwa is top of his wishlist.

Leicester only have one big strong striker who does all the donkey work, and that is former Cobbler Steve Howard. Pearson might like to look for back-up for Howard, as without the big man they would have no striker who could compliment League One's top goal scorer Matty Fryatt.

However money could be an issue for Leicester as Northampton may ask for as much as £500,000 for the former Swansea frontman. This may be a problem for the Foxes as they have lost their two first choice centre backs, and might want to invest in defence rather than attack.

Although no official bid has been made, Cobblers fans will no doubt be sweating for the final 5 days of the transfer window and praying that no bids come in for their beloved Bayo.

Looks like complete guesswork to me from some random Cobbler. Can't see there being anything in it at all. Akinfenwa is an excellent League One striker and will give Morrison and Hobbs a nightmare next week but I don't think he'd be a Championship player.

Its in NOTW this morning, course that means nothing, but you could see Pearson thinking about another target man, there's a lot of games coming up second half of the season (by late jan in seasons past teams have played 29/30 league games), so Howard might benefit from someone taking the burden of doing his job in the team for a game or two...

I also don't think it is a ridiculously suggested transfer, there might be something in it we do only have one big striker - what happens if he gets injured?

Even so- the 500k quoted is bit too much for me for a journeyman which would provide temporary cover this season. i think it would be better to snap someone up on a lon unless we are over our loan maximum quota?

I also don't think it is a ridiculously suggested transfer, there might be something in it we do only have one big striker - what happens if he gets injured?

We play without one in the shape of Chambers or Dickov...? Just a guess... :whistle:

Afternoon Foxes fans. I'm the editor of Northampton Vital Football, and posted up the relevant article:

http://www.northampton.vitalfootball.co.uk...le.asp?a=140656

I can assure the fan who said it was "random guess work" that I have not made up this story. I've heard this in three seperate newspaper, and decided it was about time to take it seriously. It pains me to say it but Bayo may well be on his way to Leicester.

Have no fear though, he is a class act and will be a great addition to your squad. He is NOT unfit though, whoever said that. He likes to save his energy for when he has the ball, then he uses his immense strength to bustle through defences.

I've seen both Bayo and Steve Howard play, and there is only one winner out of the two. Not sure whether he could cut the mustard at Championship level, but he would certainly help you in your push for promotion.

Any questions you have I will be happy to answer, but I will be gone for about 1 hour (lunch break!)

Not sure whether he could cut the mustard at Championship level, but he would certainly help you in your push for promotion.

To be fair - we don't need him to push for promotion, that's almost over and done with.

We do need to build a decent squad for next season and I can not see how he would work for us. It may be based on watching him for one game, but he didn't strike me that he could be anything more than a third-string reserve.

I see no point in signing him.

The fact is Bayo is a far superiour player to Howard. If Howard is good enough for your first team, then Bayo definalty is. Not only ican he score goals, but he also has a lot of assistes, and does a hell of a lot of donkey work up front.

If you don't want him, we will gladly keep hold of him :D

Afternoon Foxes fans. I'm the editor of Northampton Vital Football, and posted up the relevant article:

I can assure the fan who said it was "random guess work" that I have not made up this story. I've heard this in three seperate newspaper, and decided it was about time to take it seriously. It pains me to say it but Bayo may well be on his way to Leicester.

Have no fear though, he is a class act and will be a great addition to your squad. He is NOT unfit though, whoever said that. He likes to save his energy for when he has the ball, then he uses his immense strength to bustle through defences.

I've seen both Bayo and Steve Howard play, and there is only one winner out of the two. Not sure whether he could cut the mustard at Championship level, but he would certainly help you in your push for promotion.

Any questions you have I will be happy to answer, but I will be gone for about 1 hour (lunch break!)

Saying that, how can you class him above Howard?

Howard's already proved himself at a championship level.

So "Bayo" is better than Howard? I'll believe that when I see it. Especially as Howard has shown himself well capable of playing at Championship level.

Archived