Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Solihullfox

When WILL we be promoted and crowned champions

OK, let's leave the touching wood, keeping fingers crossed stuff to one side. We WILL be automatically promoted and I believe it WILL be as Champions.

So, what game will confirm us as promoted and which will see us crowned as Champions ?

Suggestions please.

OK, let's leave the touching wood, keeping fingers crossed stuff to one side. We WILL be automatically promoted and I believe it WILL be as Champions.

So, what game will confirm us as promoted and which will see us crowned as Champions ?

Suggestions please.

Embarrasing statement.

I hope we miss out by a point and go on a massive slump and come back to this thread and say what a tit.

Embarrasing statement.

I hope we miss out by a point and go on a massive slump and come back to this thread and say what a tit.

Do you really, pause for effect...isn't about being cocksure or bigheaded just a stimulus for discussion....I wanted to post about how great L1 was but changed my mind as I thought it might already have been done.

The last time we were promoted I thought the atmosphere in the Walkers for the first 60 minutes was awful, can remember vividly the Brighton fans singing "worst support we've ever seen" and the crowd only really picked up when news came through that Sheff Utd were 2-0 down.

As long as it happens, I would be very happy celebrating promotion without a game at 9.40 on a Tuesday evening when one of our rivals fail to win ensuring we go up!

Theres 20 games left. To get to 90 points (using that as an automatic promotion total) we need to win half our games. Is it concievable that we can keep this run going for another 10 games? Its not beyond the realms of possibility.....

I'm going for mid March... preferably a home game...Martin Allens Cheltenham on the 7th would be nice, but prob Colchester at the Walkers 21st March for me :thumbup: Heres to a cheeky ton anyhow

Suggestions please.

The game, after which, it is mathematically impossible for the 23 other teams in this league to overtake us.

We shouldn't be measuring ourselves against this game or that game or this opposition or that. It's a case of winning 12 games. That's it.

care to elaborate on 12?!

Absolutely.

We've so far played 26 games, winning 18 of these, drawing 6 and losing 2.

There are 20 games left to play. 9 of these are at home - 2 of which are against teams in the top 6. There's at least 6 wins to be had from there.

11 of these are away from home - 3 of which are against teams in the top 6. Assuming we draw those 3 and win another 5 from the remaining 8 we'll have a total of 96 points.

96 points is easily, EASILY enough to be comfortable champions.

We can afford to lose 6 games out of the next 20 games. We've only lost 2 out of 26 so far.

If we do not win this league now, it will be the biggest cockup of all time!

History is littered with cock ups, teams in apparent unassailable positions faltering on the run in.

The question should still be IF!

History is littered with cock ups, teams in apparent unassailable positions faltering on the run in.

The question should still be IF!

my sentimements exactly , :thumbup:

many a slip twixt cup and lip ,

as me ol' ma used to say :)

Archived