Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Brighton & Hove Albion Post Match Thread

The effort wasn't there tonight from anyone, the fans, the players, no one could be arsed.

I'm sorry, I was listening on the radio on the way home & they were praising Cleverley. I have no idea where this comes from, he is simply dreadful in central midfield & Berner has to go back there for Saturday. He is 'ok' on the wing but nothing special.

Paul Dickov is past it, simple as. & bringing Barry Hayles on isn't the answer! Play Chambers!!! I think we could do with a striker, we struggled without Big Steve.

Dyer, find your early season form please.

& FAO Hobbs & Morrison, go to training tomorrow & learn how to pass forwards not sidewards.

Another point towards automatic promotion, four points out of Northampton & Walsall would be nice.

Cheers for the report mate. Hopefully it was a blip and we can recover in the next few matches. Oldham will be different.

Lets get this into perspective:

1. We were missing Howard which was a huge blow and undoubtedly affected our gameplan given he has been pivotal to our attacks this season.

2. We are still adjusting to life without Davies and his creativity was undoubtedly missed.

3. Cleverley perfomed well and given additional games will have increasing influence.

4. Brighton came for a point and we are not the only team to struggle in such circumstances - just ask Arsene Wenger.

The only concern for me is the fact that tonight has perhaps revealed just how reliant we are upon Howard - it sounds like Morrison and Hobbs were both still assuming he was on the field. We need to have an effective and well rehearsed 'Plan B'.

We have dropped two points but need not panic. MK Dons appear to be faltering - it is Millwall that I most fear but they have some tough games on the horizon.

Very true, the bold bit particularly so!

With either Howard or Fryatt missing we are poor upfront and are not getting anything from our forward players, these two excepted. Gradel and Campell are both fine attacking players but only when the play for other clubs!

This has been fairly obvious for some time but our overall superiority in this retched division has masked the problem, if we are going to make a mark in the Championship this has to improve.

The effort wasn't there tonight from anyone, the fans, the players, no one could be arsed.

I'm sorry, I was listening on the radio on the way home & they were praising Cleverley. I have no idea where this comes from, he is simply dreadful in central midfield & Berner has to go back there for Saturday. He is 'ok' on the wing but nothing special.

Paul Dickov is past it, simple as. & bringing Barry Hayles on isn't the answer! Play Chambers!!! I think we could do with a striker, we struggled without Big Steve.

Dyer, find your early season form please.

& FAO Hobbs & Morrison, go to training tomorrow & learn how to pass forwards not sidewards.

Another point towards automatic promotion, four points out of Northampton & Walsall would be nice.

Listening to the radio commentary you'd think Cleverley was MOTM?! Was there a bit of booing at the end of the game?

Did the performance warrant boos at all? I can't see it doing the players any good to be honest.

It was very frustrating at times, but at the end of the day, put things into perspective a little, we're now ten points clear, haven't lost since October in the league & doing better than anyone ever anticipated after relegation. Tonight was a blip & a game everyone expected to win & rightly so, but no, it didn't warrant boos.

It was very frustrating at times, but at the end of the day, put things into perspective a little, we're now ten points clear, haven't lost since October in the league & doing better than anyone ever anticipated after relegation. Tonight was a blip & a game everyone expected to win & rightly so, but no, it didn't warrant boos.

I think people do need to put things into perspective really. Our home form this season has been fantastic- this is the fourth time in 15 home matches where we've failed to win, and we've just won the previous eight.

Brighton have been tough this season, but we aren't top with 61 points because we're a bad team, or we've turned bad overnight.

What a ****ing bore fest... apart from near it was very dull. I guess the positives are that we didn't lose and therefore we picked up something from the match... Cleverly put himself out there and did some good stuff, the centre backs on the whole looked pretty solid. However, we just couldn't break them down... they defended incredibly heavily... but I guess as a team top of the league playing at home, we should expect that from such a sh*te team like Brighton... never mind, Pearson will get us the 3 points on Saturday! :)

The booing at the end made me go crazy with rage at no-one in particular.

Some of our fans are an absolute ****ing disgrace. Fair enough, it's frustrating to drop points...but booing a draw, and more importantly when we're 10 POINTS CLEAR AT THE TOP OF THE FCUKING LEAGUE.

What more do these people want?

Wankers, the lot of them.

Disappointing but predictable performance the first 20 minutes where similar to Huddersfiled with little urgency akin to a training session made worse by the fact they were still playing as if Howard was up front, unfortunately it was Dickov who I can only remember making two contributions to the game.

When we finally got go going and started to pass it we found it difficult to get a decent ball through their defence and midfield who were in the ascendency. King was trying hard but had to resort to speculative long balls to the wings, mostly to Dyer who still seems to be short of confidence.

Cleverly was both good and very poor, he's not currently strong enough, mentally for the midfield although showed that he was capable of some decent passing but tended to under hit more than he should, only him King and Oakley seem to be interested in getting the ball down and playing it.

Can't really think of much to say about the rest they were all pretty much hit and miss and Fryatt missed the best chance to pick up 3 points.

Oh and Millwall with 2 games in hand could be just 5 points behind us, this seasons not over by a long shot.

Some of our fans are an absolute ****ing disgrace. Fair enough, it's frustrating to drop points...but booing a draw, and more importantly when we're 10 POINTS CLEAR AT THE TOP OF THE FCUKING LEAGUE.

Did people actually boo?! We're turning into fooking real madrid. Disgraceful.

That was very stupid... but I think they were just venting their disappointment at our failure to pick up the points we should have got.

I still clapped them off as they deserved some recognition for their efforts... all be them in vain against a Brighton team who played around 8 men behind the ball most of the time.

Oh and Millwall with 2 games in hand could be just 5 points behind us, this seasons not over by a long shot.

One of those is against MK Dons.

Anyone who thought the season was over is an idiot. This one has a long way to go yet.

Archived