Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
barmy76uk

Tim Flowers

I thought he was a great keeper for us when he was here in the mon era!

But i have one word to describe him and that is a wan^er!!!

Ive never heard anybody on the radio,a ex Lcfc player wanting us to lose like he did,he couldn't make it more obvious,he may love Micky Adams but he played for this club and all he kept doing was talking us down and saying how Brighton are so good,organised and could snatch this blah blah blah!

Sorry rant over!

I never heard his match commentary but in his after match summing up he was gushing in his praise for Leicester City.

Did it not occur to you that Adams and Brighton did put on a decent tactical performance against a team 9 points clear at the top, on an unbeaten run of 8 home games and 36 more points to come away with a creditable point and their 4th point off of a team that other teams have struggled against. Maybe Adams deserved the praise he was getting :dunno: , certainly the way LCFC were performing on the night hardly warranted any.

I listened to it, and in parts i did think the same

I know there not supposed to biased, but i dont think he would have gave a flying f3uk if we lost

As other people have said, he doesn't have to be utterly biased in our favour to provide good commentary. It makes me cringe when commentators try to "spin" a City player playacting or arguing with the ref and put it into a positive light. Obviously their target audience is City fans and they should make their broadcast relevant to them, but they should also provide a balanced view on how the match is going overall.

They choose assistant commentators on the radio that have had an affection with the club in some shape or form,cant think atm of any that havent in the past few years?, its the first time i have listened to it with flower's doing his peice.

He wasnt "that" bad, and the thread starter maybe was a little over exaggerated in what he was actually saying

Bring back walshie anyhows

I thought he did a good job and was very supportive of Leicester. It sounded like it was a frustrating game to watch so it's hardly surprising if he commented about that.

What I found interesting were his technical comments from a goalkeepers perspective.

I'd rather the commentators not support us. That way you can actually tell what the fook is going on and not just get a completely biased view of the game. I like Stringer but sometimes he does have rose tinted glasses on!

What davieG said. He was full of praise and sounded pretty affectionate about the club and football in general really. Only heard what I heard on my way back from the ground but I can't imagine him being vitriolic during the game only to turn that around.

Have been reading the forum for a while, without reply.

A very learned site in the main with educated and knowledgeable opinions.

However I feel compelled to respond to Mr Flowers defence, in contrast to the orignial poster.

I felt he was incisive, clear, and not in the least derogatory to the foxes plight.

Whilst he may have been slightly bias, certainly not to the detriment of Brighton.

cheers :thumbup:

Archived