Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Martin wants to stay

He is looking better as the season progresses and if he wants to stay it can only be a good sign that he is enjoying his time at the club.

He is also looking at his career as well because i doubt he is good enough to push Reina out of the number 1 spot at Liverpool.

Does anyone know what the record is for the most number of clean sheets in a season? as i remember at the start of the season Paul Smith won an award at forest for keeping them last season. Thought it was around 20, and as martin is on 13 already......

Edit just found out its 25.

So martin needs 13 clean sheets out of the next 19 games to break the record.

Possible......

He'll have to do even better than that.

Some of the clean sheets were actually kept by Henderson.

He's on par with Henderson. There isn't much between them. Martin got two things on Henderson. One is his age. and two is the fact that Martin always looks to start an attack as soon as he grabs the ball. Henderson takes bloody ages to spread the ball out for a counter attack.

To be fair, I think he's done a decent job so far.

Would be worth a go at the end of the season.

Totally agree.

Even his douibters on here would be hard pushed to disagree with the fact that, given a decent run in the team, he's improved and looked more consitent than in his first few games.

Whilst I was a bit concerned over the first goal from Huddersfield which seemed to loop over him, he did atone for that with a couple of blinding saves from their left back, especially the full stretch one in the first hald.

btw, re the Fulop lovers, in his last game for us, he flapped at a cross, dropped the ball and allowed McCarthy to equalise. We drew instead of won and dropped 2 points which ultimately was the difference between staying up and going down.

Totally agree.

Even his douibters on here would be hard pushed to disagree with the fact that, given a decent run in the team, he's improved and looked more consitent than in his first few games.

Whilst I was a bit concerned over the first goal from Huddersfield which seemed to loop over him, he did atone for that with a couple of blinding saves from their left back, especially the full stretch one in the first hald.

btw, re the Fulop lovers, in his last game for us, he flapped at a cross, dropped the ball and allowed McCarthy to equalise. We drew instead of won and dropped 2 points which ultimately was the difference between staying up and going down.

lol Don't be insane. We would have been dead and buried long before the Stoke game had he never played for us.

lol Don't be insane. We would have been dead and buried long before the Stoke game had he never played for us.

Most of the blame for going down lies with Milan chopping and changing the managers.

Some of it lies with the managers.

The player who i blame the most is Fryatt, he missed so many clear chances it was unbelieveable.

Hes made up for it this season though, hes now the main reason we are at the top.

Hope he starts playing better though, hes looked lazy since he got his new deal.

Don't understand why there are so many people looking to slag him off. Is it just because he's a gingernut? Maybe so. If so, that's stupid.

He has room for improvement with his distribution, anticipation (sometimes) and physical presence, but he's still very young for a keeper - and very promising.

Good concentration, good shot stopper, excellent handling.

Quite apart from the good saves at the end today, he made 2 excellent saves in the move that ended up in the Cobblers' goal. OK, today that was in vain as they scored anyway, but another day that might have been worth points.

Would be very happy to see him here again next season, either permanently or another loan (must be possible, if we're up a division and he's not above 3rd choice keeper at Liverpool, which I imagine he's not..

...and brave, don't forget brave.

Twice today he put himself in that place where weaker keepers do not go - he threw his head at peoples feet while going for the ball.

He's easily a Third Division keeper - and more than an average Championship one too. People calling him really need some perspective.

Soccer_Youth_Goal_Keeper.jpg

:D

Sounded like he making a couple of cracking saves towards the end of the match yesterday.

He did. Parried a low shot away from the goal and then got up to block the second attempt for a corner. Crucial saves.

Not necessarily exclusive to Martin tho is it?

The criticism of some players on here is at times unbeleivable, the league table would suggest we have very few problems at Leicester but i suspect anyone from another club that reads through some of the threads on here would be quite confused?

Martin is IMO a good young keeper that is improving steadily, Id be more than happy if we sign him permanently.

heres an idea. Lets encourage the lad and help him improve??? :dunno:

AGREED

Archived