Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Martin wants to stay

He is looking better as the season progresses and if he wants to stay it can only be a good sign that he is enjoying his time at the club.

He is also looking at his career as well because i doubt he is good enough to push Reina out of the number 1 spot at Liverpool.

Does anyone know what the record is for the most number of clean sheets in a season? as i remember at the start of the season Paul Smith won an award at forest for keeping them last season. Thought it was around 20, and as martin is on 13 already......

Edit just found out its 25.

So martin needs 13 clean sheets out of the next 19 games to break the record.

Possible......

He's young, he's still learning (and keen to do so) and he doesn't have many faults.

I've not understood the venom he seems to invoke in the children of the forum.

I'd be happy to see him sign up for a full-time contract.

I've thought all along that he's no worse than Hendo at most aspects of goalkeeping but the one thing he excels at compared to Henderson is the number of times he throws or looks to throw the ball out, something Henderson rarely does.

Whether he's up to Championship level I don't know.

If Hobbs and Martins contracts are up (haven't been paying attention to Hobb's contract...so I'm unsure) we'd be silly not to offer them deals...

Just noticed Martin uses the phrases 'good set of lads' and 'great bunch of lads here'... he maybe correct but it brings back memories of a rubbish part of our recent history!

Suprised no one picked up on stringers balls up at the start of the audio..... "looking back to brighton it must have been nice to come through with 3 points".....martin replies "yeh well it was a draw"

Archived