Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Hobbs Out

He couldn't have been that bad, i can only remember kisnorbo being awful.

You were obviously asleep then because he was appalling and it was discussed on here quite a bit at the time.

A very important one at that!

They're all important and with the referee refusing to rescind it an appeal would run the risk of having it increased due to the appeal being classed as frivolous. Seems like Nige knows what he's doing to me.

You were obviously asleep then because he was appalling and it was discussed on here quite a bit at the time.

Well i haven't been to any away games, maybe he was awful in them, all remember is Kisnorbo coming back, losing to Millwall, losing to Brighton he played in at least 1 of those, and the draws.

Either way i prefer Hobbs, Morrison, Brown, Tunch, Powell, etc all to Kisnorbo.

And ive never fell asleep at a match :P

Morrison and Brown are capable enough, so its no great problem but Hobbs is a good player and impressed me i recent weeks.

Ok, so they haven't got the greatest distribution but they're centre backs at League 1 level, I don't get why so many Leicester fans think we should have ball-playing defenders. There's not too many in world football, let alone at the level we are at.

In an away game against the 2nd place side, our centre backs need to defend more than they will have the ball so the ability to defend is more important.

Kisnorbo is :ph34r:

Our only badish run of the season was when he came back from injury, then he swiftly got injured again and the good times rolled.

Kisnorbo, no no no.

Hobbs, Morrison, Tunch, Brown, Gilbert, Edworthy, Mattock, Powell, Berner, Bunn, Martin, Hendo, Cisak, Pentney.

Bloody hell we have an awesome defence dont we :chant:

Whilst I don't disagree with you, the thing I don't understand is this.

Last season Kisnorbo was often voted MOM, & people were hoping he wouldn't be sold to another club.

So what has happened to make people now crucify the fella?

Morrison is a better player than people give him credit for. He has shown a tendency to hoof the ball at times, but that doesn't mean he's lacking technically. He shown glimpses of good distribution and composure on the ball. We have to remember that this is his first year in professional football and I think he's done remarkably well.

I was a big critic of Morrison at the start of the season. But his defending has been pretty good. He's been part of the best defence in the league, and has made an important contribution. I think he only hoofs when he has little option available, and to be fair, the hoofs are generally accurate, in the direction of Howard.

This is terrible news. What the hell is Pearson doing not appealing?? :unsure:

We will miss him terribly I'm afraid, people take Hobbs for granted but imo he has been our best player the last month or so.

Yeah Hobbs has been the best player for the last month. Hes one of our only players who has the confidence to run with the ball and open play up. We need him for MK dons game, but Morrison does well. I worry about Brown getting done for pace, hes great in the air but lacks pace. I prefer Morrison and Hobbs but dont have a choice for sat

I personally feel more at ease with Morrison at the back than Hobbs.

Say if all our defenders were fit, my pairing would be Morrison & Tunch.

Yeah, his middle name is 'The Hoof' but he's more than capable, in my opinion.

goodness... thats a thought... tunch and brown as a pairing next season? *shudders*

Told you so! We missed him BIG TIME today! I hope to never see Morrison and Brown play together ever again!

They were both very good at Bristol though.

MK Dons are the joint top scorers in the division along with us, and although we could have done better with both goals, I think you can forgive them for conceding at the 2nd place team. :thumbup:

They were both very good at Bristol though.

MK Dons are the joint top scorers in the division along with us, and although we could have done better with both goals, I think you can forgive them for conceding at the 2nd place team. :thumbup:

On another note, I think we should try and sign Wilbraham in the summer. He is a Steve Howard who is more mobile and scores an odd more goal here and there.

Told you so! We missed him BIG TIME today! I hope to never see Morrison and Brown play together ever again!

That's irrelevant as I said appeal and you run the risk of the ban being increased, I'm sure you'd slagging them off if that happened.

I agree with you about Brown but I don't believe Hobbs would have copped much better than Morrison with the their pace, movement and turns, he's not exactly fast and his distribution is not significantly better.

That's irrelevant as I said appeal and you run the risk of the ban being increased, I'm sure you'd slagging them off if that happened.

I agree with you about Brown but I don't believe Hobbs would have copped much better than Morrison with the their pace, movement and turns, he's not exactly fast and his distribution is not significantly better.

Fair enough, didn't know that first bit.

But I feel that Hobbs could have controlled Wilbraham a bit more today and would have added extra assurance to the defence.

I tell you who we should try and sign in the summer, especially if Southampton go down, Andrew Surman.

Possibly, but he has been linked with a Prem move.

Archived