Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Evening everybody.

I would like to start by saying that firstly, I'm a Swansea City fan. Secondly, my intentions are good - I'm not here to wind people up, or be abusive, or get into arguments.

My main aim in joining this forum is simply to share information with you all about what you can expect for next season. I may know a thing or two about your new manager ;)

Here's what you can expect:

The Good

- Clean sheets. Lots of them.

- He'll foster a siege mentality amongst the players - team spirit will be good.

- Relating to my last point, some of your fringe players, who you perhaps don't particularly rate from last season, you may be pleasantly surprised to see the level of performance he will get out of them.

- Your defenders, as individuals, will come on leaps and bounds. If your keeper had any weaknesses, expect improvement, especially in the air.

- Tactically, your players will improve. He will introduce small but good habits like focussing on keeping possession when ahead; time wasting to protect a lead; generally, better professionalism.

- Some managers come into a club and claim that everyone starts with a clean slate, more often than not that is a lie. Not with Sousa. He will genuinely give everyone a chance over the first 2-3 months to prove themselves.

The Bad

- You will struggle to score goals, I guarantee it. It is basically 'catenaccio' - classic Italian football. The focus is on keeping shape; 0-0 is always regarded as an acceptable result.

- You prefer Steve Howard to Matt Fryatt, right? No, of course you don't. Well, sorry to disappoint you but the former will probably be the first name on the team sheet, but don't be surprised if he doesn't fancy the latter. With Sousa, his 4-5-1 requires a big lump up front at all times. If you don't have cover for Howard, expect him to bring someone in.

- Flair players will not thrive. They are asked to do more of a job for the team, but this is to their detriment in the attacking third.

- If you're not used to players getting muscle strains, then get used to it. The training is not good, conditioning of Swansea's players seemed to deteriorate last season compared to the previous year.

- God help you if the chairman doesn't give him what he wants. Toys will be thrown swiftly out of pram!

- His transfer record at Swansea was patchy to say the least. Beattie, Van Der Gun, Lopez and Kuqi all failed to catch fire. All came with big reputations but delivered little.

I hope you find this useful as the season progresses. I'll be watching with interest to see how Sousa does, because he did a decent job for us overall. The one big complaint being the lack of goals.

Good luck next year and all the best.

SwanMan

-

Evening everybody.

I would like to start by saying that firstly, I'm a Swansea City fan. Secondly, my intentions are good - I'm not here to wind people up, or be abusive, or get into arguments.

My main aim in joining this forum is simply to share information with you all about what you can expect for next season. I may know a thing or two about your new manager ;)

Here's what you can expect:

The Good

- Clean sheets. Lots of them.

- He'll foster a siege mentality amongst the players - team spirit will be good.

- Relating to my last point, some of your fringe players, who you perhaps don't particularly rate from last season, you may be pleasantly surprised to see the level of performance he will get out of them.

- Your defenders, as individuals, will come on leaps and bounds. If your keeper had any weaknesses, expect improvement, especially in the air.

- Tactically, your players will improve. He will introduce small but good habits like focussing on keeping possession when ahead; time wasting to protect a lead; generally, better professionalism.

- Some managers come into a club and claim that everyone starts with a clean slate, more often than not that is a lie. Not with Sousa. He will genuinely give everyone a chance over the first 2-3 months to prove themselves.

The Bad

- You will struggle to score goals, I guarantee it. It is basically 'catenaccio' - classic Italian football. The focus is on keeping shape; 0-0 is always regarded as an acceptable result.

- You prefer Steve Howard to Matt Fryatt, right? No, of course you don't. Well, sorry to disappoint you but the former will probably be the first name on the team sheet, but don't be surprised if he doesn't fancy the latter. With Sousa, his 4-5-1 requires a big lump up front at all times. If you don't have cover for Howard, expect him to bring someone in.

- Flair players will not thrive. They are asked to do more of a job for the team, but this is to their detriment in the attacking third.

- If you're not used to players getting muscle strains, then get used to it. The training is not good, conditioning of Swansea's players seemed to deteriorate last season compared to the previous year.

- God help you if the chairman doesn't give him what he wants. Toys will be thrown swiftly out of pram!

- His transfer record at Swansea was patchy to say the least. Beattie, Van Der Gun, Lopez and Kuqi all failed to catch fire. All came with big reputations but delivered little.

I hope you find this useful as the season progresses. I'll be watching with interest to see how Sousa does, because he did a decent job for us overall. The one big complaint being the lack of goals.

Good luck next year and all the best.

SwanMan

-

:welcome: and cheers for the insight.

Good to know he's sulky and tends to fall out with chairmen. Him and Milan will get on like a house on fire.

Haha agreed, care to speculate on the ownership "news"? Anyway, new member here and a first-time-long-time like some of the other new posters. I'm a University student in America and I've been supporting the Foxes since who knows when-- oh, and my 02/03 LG home shirt is my lucky charm.

And on that very insightful post from the Jacks, thank you.

Haha agreed, care to speculate on the ownership "news"? Anyway, new member here and a first-time-long-time like some of the other new posters. I'm a University student in America and I've been supporting the Foxes since who knows when-- oh, and my 02/03 LG home shirt is my lucky charm.

And on that very insightful post from the Jacks, thank you.

Hello and welcome.

Just wondering where abouts in america you were?

Hello everybody, im reletively new to this site. Im a season ticket holder in the main stand. I was born in Highfields and moved to Evington later on. I left Leicester when I was 15 and have lived in Derby for the past 19 years. I also go to about 8-10 away a season with my brother. Would like to meet up with a few of you for pre/post beer maybe (this is begining to sound like a an ad for a date). If anybody lives around the Derbyshire/Loughbourgh area I could do a carshare. Thanks.

Oh forgot to say I have a huge hatred of Derby County and any other sheep related person or sheep related issues. Thanks

Hi, I live in Chester Green in Derby, about 1 mile from the scum ground. Are you still looking for a car share/

Hi everyone, I was born and lived in Highfields until secondary school when we moved to Evington. Moved to Perth Western Australia in 1970 where I stayed until moving to Busselton in 2000. Always supported City with a very big soft spot for Liverpool. This dates back to Bill Shankly days and the way he brought them from the 2nd div(Championship now) and made them a force with the big boys. Ever since I have had hopes that City might find a manager like Shanks and at times thought they had. Micky Adams, MON and Nigel all gave us hope but alas none stayed and delivered the Shankly touch. We now have Paulo and I am nervous and exited about what to expect. It is hard being so far away from the action and we don't get much City action down here so the local posters are my source of information about tactics, who's playing well or badly etc. So thanks guys and gals and obviously com on Leicester! and best wishes to all the fans.scarf.gif