Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wooly

Ipswich Town Away

I am one of those fans attending less games. Last season and the season before I went pretty much every games. This season I will be going to about 60-75% of games.

That is not what I want to be hearing :cry::(

Aslong as your up my end for Wendy and Barnsley so we can go on some all dayers!

That is not what I want to be hearing :cry::(

Aslong as your up my end for Wendy and Barnsley so we can go on some all dayers!

Barnsleh is a tuesday night me old fruit.

Wednesday though, will be on that. Defo train jobby me thinks.

Barnsleh is a tuesday night me old fruit.

Wednesday though, will be on that. Defo train jobby me thinks.

Wank.

Yeah Wednesday away has sesh written all over it. Get in Sheff early go drinking down West Street then tram/bus it up to pig sty number 2.

Beautiful.

Dear Sirs,

I am a Leicester City supporter, but as my email address suggests, I live in Suffolk (Stowmarket to be precise). So you can imagine how much I have been looking forward to seeing my team play at Portman Road, just a few miles down the A14.

However, all that changed when I saw the price you are asking for a ticket - £31? There are Premiership clubs charging less than that!! When you consider that I can get myself and my children into the Sheffield Utd game a few days later for £35, you have to question the rationale behind your pricing.

Leicester enjoy a very loyal and peaceful away following, and talking to several fellow fans online, the concensus is that many will be staying away because they either cannot afford a ticket at that price in the current economic climate (you aren't exactly a derby match either!) or they are protesting at the obscene pricing. Many even question the value for money given the poor away end at Portman Road.

Each fan staying away is one less fan paying for food and drink at the ground and also one less contributing to the local economy (pubs, shops etc). Given the local drive to beat the recession and to welcome people to the county, this is a very poor show by Town. For this reason I am sending a copy of this to Alex Paul, Tourism Manager at 'Choose Suffolk' and also to Celia Hodson, their Chief Executive.

I would like to hear from someone from the club regarding this matter, and also look forward to hearing from Choose Suffolk too.

Yours,

blah blah blah

Doubt they'll listen but you never know...

I've only just got round to reading my FSF newsletter and I've just seen this article:

I don't know if you've seen it Cardiff, but I hope it's useful for your research.

Interestingly received a couple of e-mails off the magazines and both wanted 300 words (in the region of) plus to leave it a couple of weeks given the months deadlines etc.

As for the sarky comment, Bravo. But when football clubs continuely rip you off in the next few years and you might not be able to afford it because you are saving for something more responsible or paying for something more important, then don't moan. Just count yourself lucky you are not at an age when you are paying full whack.

Interestingly received a couple of e-mails off the magazines and both wanted 300 words (in the region of) plus to leave it a couple of weeks given the months deadlines etc.

As for the sarky comment, Bravo. But when football clubs continuely rip you off in the next few years and you might not be able to afford it because you are saving for something more responsible or paying for something more important, then don't moan. Just count yourself lucky you are not at an age when you are paying full whack.

I won't moan about the prices, if something is too expensive I just won't go.

Enjoy your day.

I will buddy.

I won't moan about the prices, if something is too expensive I just won't go.

There are many reasons why people don't go to games. If the point isn't made, and City take only 500 to Portman Rd, are Dipswich going to think "are our ticket prices far too high?" or will they just put it down to the recession, summer holidays and the wedding season?

If people don't say anything, nothing will get done. Maybe nothing will get done even if we do complain, but at least we have tried to change the situation, and not sat back and accepted it. There is far too much apathy in this country, and it's one of the reasons that it is going to pot.

Oh, and one other thing. The way it works in this country, and with our football clubs is that as soon as they see numbers dropping, rather than lowering ticket prices to coax supporters back, they will increase ticket prices further. This is all part of an argument about money in football in general.

Could'nt go due to working 'till 12.30,probably would've paid the stupid ticket price if I had'nt been at work.

But just got free tickets in the Arsenal away end at Everton the same day,5:15 ko. Beaut!! :thumbup:

Could'nt go due to working 'till 12.30,probably would've paid the stupid ticket price if I had'nt been at work.

But just got free tickets in the Arsenal away end at Everton the same day,5:15 ko. Beaut!! :thumbup:

You are a pr!ck.

Archived