Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Watford

I dont know if youve had a reply to this so far because I cant be arsed to read through.

But...

The train station in watford is great, and really not that far from the stadium. Lots of good transport links from the station to the ground aswell(bus, taxi etc).

Id say maximum ten minute walk from watford high street station to vicarage road.

Thanks for the info mate but my trip to Watford is sorted courtesy of Lou. :thumbup:

Parking round Watford is a 'mare though. Or at least it was for me last time. (Perhaps I missed somewhere obvious but it took me blummin ages to find a space.) :dunno:

Ended up parked at some Grammar School - but be warned... they pack you in so tightly that you have to get back to your car asap after the game - and there were dire warnings about this. Basically you have to wait for other cars to be returned to and moved before you have a chance of moving out of your parking place. Staying for post-match drinks were not an option unless you moved your car somewhere else.

I parked at a school last time and it was defo no grammar school. Didn't have a problem getting out either.

Ever since a rather tame showing against ten men, I feel like we have unfinished business here. Just don't really get Watford....top of the league atm and the stadium was silence.

Parking round Watford is a 'mare though. Or at least it was for me last time. (Perhaps I missed somewhere obvious but it took me blummin ages to find a space.) :dunno:

Ended up parked at some Grammar School - but be warned... they pack you in so tightly that you have to get back to your car asap after the game - and there were dire warnings about this. Basically you have to wait for other cars to be returned to and moved before you have a chance of moving out of your parking place. Staying for post-match drinks were not an option unless you moved your car somewhere else.

My dads head office is in watford so erm, parking wont be a mare :ph34r:

lol.

I dont know if youve had a reply to this so far because I cant be arsed to read through.

But...

The train station in watford is great, and really not that far from the stadium. Lots of good transport links from the station to the ground aswell(bus, taxi etc).

Id say maximum ten minute walk from watford high street station to vicarage road.

It's Watford Junction station, not "high street". Just watch out 'cos there is another Watford station and it's not very convenient for anything, even trains. Watford Junction is on the direct line from Nuneaton, which is the easiest way to get there from Leicester, or you can go into London and then get a quick train out from Euston.

I agree, trying to get from Watford on the train is a 'mare.

Allotments!

Thanks for the info mate but my trip to Watford is sorted courtesy of Lou. :thumbup:

:D

I parked at a school last time too and wasnt too far away.. didnt have any probs getting out either? Must have been a different one to AOWW. I'll definately avoid the Grammer School then!

It's Watford Junction station, not "high street". Just watch out 'cos there is another Watford station and it's not very convenient for anything, even trains. Watford Junction is on the direct line from Nuneaton, which is the easiest way to get there from Leicester, or you can go into London and then get a quick train out from Euston.

Watford High Street is the other station in Watford. You change at Watford Junction at the bay platform at the south end of the station onto the branch line out to Croxley Green. Watford High Street is the first stop and it's a 10 minute walk to the Vic from there, as opposed to 20 minutes from Watford Junction.

Depends how lazy you want to be, really.

Watford High Street is the other station in Watford. You change at Watford Junction at the bay platform at the south end of the station onto the branch line out to Croxley Green. Watford High Street is the first stop and it's a 10 minute walk to the Vic from there, as opposed to 20 minutes from Watford Junction.

Depends how lazy you want to be, really.

Someones been checking out the Football Ground Guide!

Last time I went to Watford, we got the tube to Watford...(Not sure what stop that is) and walked to the ground then after got the Train from the Junction station afterwards...Easy to find as it's signposted... One thing though...Junction station isn't included in a London Travelcard! :angry:

Last time I went to Watford, we got the tube to Watford...(Not sure what stop that is) and walked to the ground then after got the Train from the Junction station afterwards...Easy to find as it's signposted... One thing though...Junction station isn't included in a London Travelcard! :angry:

That's because travel cards are zones 1-6! Watford Junction doesn't even fit in a zone! Watford High Street is zone 8 though.

Not at all! I'm used to getting the train there from where I live, easy as. Unfortunately this is one of about 3 games I'm going to miss this season. :angry:

Two things:

1. :rolleyes:

2. Burial & Four Tet? There's an interesting combination... Where'd you find that?

Coca-Cola Championship

Saturday 19th September 2009

KO: 15:00

We have been allocated an initial 1500 tickets for this match priced as follows;

Adults £22.50

Seniors £12.50

Students(under 25) £12.50

Young Adults £12.50

Under 16's £9.50

Please note match ticket prices will rise by £2.50 on the day of the game.

Tickets go on sale:

Priority 1- Mon 7th Sept

Priority 2 - Tues 8th Sept

Priority 3 - Weds9th Sept

Members - Thurs 10th Sept

General Sale - Friday 11th Sept

Fox Travel

Fox Travel coaches will depart from the stadium at 11.30am, prices are as follows;

Adult Season ticket holders £14.00

Concession Season ticket holders £12.00

Adults NON season ticket holders £17.00

Concession NON season ticket holders £15.00

Good pricing :D

Can see us selling out the initial allocation for this.

Good pricing :D

Can see us selling out the initial allocation for this.

Agree with you on that.

The pricing is spot on, even £22.50 without a concessionary discount isn't bad to be honest. 1500 will probably be snapped before General Sale and I'm glad I put in my pre-order in July.

How many extra can they give us if and when we sell out the initial allocation?

Archived