Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Watford

I'm kind of unhappy about the pricing in a wierd way because this is one of the only games I will be able to go to. :unsure: Though I'm sure they will give us more tickets if we sell out our initial 1500

What???lol

Im loving £12.50 ticket. Yeah boi!

The trick with the trains for this one is not to go into Central London (unless that's part of your day trip). Change at Nuneaton and you can go straight to Watford Junction (then onto Watford High Street if you're lazy!) without having to pay the rip-off Tube fare (£7 each way for an adult, so you'd have to buy a zone 1-9 travelcard which is pretty damn expensive).

Can be done for just under £40 return for an adult (Leicester to Watford High Street)

The trick with the trains for this one is not to go into Central London (unless that's part of your day trip). Change at Nuneaton and you can go straight to Watford Junction (then onto Watford High Street if you're lazy!) without having to pay the rip-off Tube fare (£7 each way for an adult, so you'd have to buy a zone 1-9 travelcard which is pretty damn expensive).

Can be done for just under £40 return for an adult (Leicester to Watford High Street)

To Watford Junction you can do it for £20 return if you know how :P

If you were doing it via central London then why would you get the tube/London Overground? You can get a 15 minute London Midland train from Euston to Watford Junction for £8.20 return (without a railcard). It's a better alternative than paying £13.20 for a zone 1-9+Watford Junction railcard and 45 minutes on a London Overground train.

Parking round Watford is a 'mare though. Or at least it was for me last time. (Perhaps I missed somewhere obvious but it took me blummin ages to find a space.) :dunno:

Ended up parked at some Grammar School - but be warned... they pack you in so tightly that you have to get back to your car asap after the game - and there were dire warnings about this. Basically you have to wait for other cars to be returned to and moved before you have a chance of moving out of your parking place. Staying for post-match drinks were not an option unless you moved your car somewhere else.

I remember that eve. Although I came in with one of the LCFC fan buses, the narrow streets around Vicarage Road fill up rather easily and it's a nightmare getting in and out of the town by car, especially in the hour before kick-off. The ones going by car should get there early enough. You've been warned.

watford_vicarage1.jpg

Vicarage Road is an older ground with four rather old, different-looking and odd-sized terraces on each side. Bit of a crap ground, to be honest, although (or maybe because of that) us Leicester fans created quite some atmosphere when I took part about a year and a half ago. Away fans are put in the "WFC" section pictured above.

Are Watford tickets still using the barcode system (present them to the control machine at the gates, then get in)?

I'm now up for this with those prices! As long as I can raise a car that is. Any takers?

Could be interested in this......would you pick dan up on the way though like, aswell as having space for me and bert and maybe wilkesy lol

Could be interested in this......would you pick dan up on the way though like, aswell as having space for me and bert and maybe wilkesy lol

Surely this would make sense for Dan to drive, no? Or, Dan at least driving to Leics?

Surely this would make sense for Dan to drive, no? Or, Dan at least driving to Leics?

I thought C-Man was coming from Sheffield...my bad.

Yeah probs get Dan to drive us rabble then as I cant really afford a £20 train ticket lol

I thought C-Man was coming from Sheffield...my bad.

Yeah probs get Dan to drive us rabble then as I cant really afford a £20 train ticket lol

I'll text the big fella now....

Not sure whether C-Man's coming from Sheff or not, though.

Archived