Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
skinnydipper

Time of our Lives - Leicester

Great viewing. Muzzy could hardly get a word in :D

I must admit I chuckled when they said Martin had Lennon by the throat during a half time teamtalk when he answered back lol

Still amazing to think of where this club could've been if Martin stayed and used the money which he had generated from the Heskey sale.

Great memories.

Loving this. Making me so happy great memories. Days of our lives, best years of my life in my early 20's. Just amazing and all those trips to Wembley, beating Man Utd and Liverpool AWAY. O'Neil should be given the keys to the city and they should have a statue of him outside the ground. Walsh Elliot and Muzzy top blokes.

They should put a statue of Matt Gillies outside the ground before O'Neill. A good show, but seemed to forget we existed before 1992.

Steve Walsh is hardly "unquestionably the greatest cult hero in Leicester's history" given Frank Worthington's cult status here and as great as the O'Neill era was, Leicester were a better team under Gillies and Bloomfield. We were about 4 games off winning the double in 1964, so there's no way O'Neill deserves a statue or keys to the city, we did well in the league cup, but that's hardly statue worthy, is it? We've done much better things consistently in the league than we did in that era.

They should put a statue of Matt Gillies outside the ground before O'Neill. A good show, but seemed to forget we existed before 1992.

Steve Walsh is hardly "unquestionably the greatest cult hero in Leicester's history" given Frank Worthington's cult status here and as great as the O'Neill era was, Leicester were a better team under Gillies and Bloomfield. We were about 4 games off winning the double in 1964, so there's no way O'Neill deserves a statue or keys to the city, we did well in the league cup, but that's hardly statue worthy, is it? We've done much better things consistently in the league than we did in that era.

I think you will find that peoples opinions of the greatest times, are reflected by their age. if you are under 25 i would imagine that MON years would be (understandably) the greatest of times.

I think you will find that peoples opinions of the greatest times, are reflected by their age. if you are under 25 i would imagine that MON years would be (understandably) the greatest of times.

Well yes but the greatest things of our history shouldn't be determined by people's ages.

Well yes but the greatest things of our history shouldn't be determined by people's ages.

Exactly. MON was a great manager for us, but if you're going to put a statue of someone up it has to reflect an achievement in regards to the whole club's history, not just the last 25 years.

If Leicester ever did put a statue up of it should be of Arthur Rowley (top scorer in the history of the football league) or Gordon Banks (named the best goalkeeper in the world, won the world cup and nominated for European Player of the Year while at Leicester - considered among the top 2 or 3 greatest players ever to play in his position along with Lev Yashin and Dino Zoff) or someone like that.

If there isn't already a LCFC Wall of Fame, the club's 125-anniversary would the perfect time for such a fan's treat.

Or they could cover the walls outside the stadium and/or inside, where the home fans concourse is, with pictures from 1884 to 2009.

Never watched this programmed before, but last night made an interesting watch.

One criticism though, would have been nice to seen a few clips of the winning goals they spoke about

lol, when they talked about that little t3rd juninho at wembley, lmfao, i remember after the game he was about crying, harking out in his stupid little mouse voice "its not fair, they wouldnt let me play" after pontus had him in his top sky rocket

Why do people need to turn everything into a bloody argument.

This is why I rarley post on this site now. Everthing you say is twisted and turned around. All I said was MON did great things for the club but we now have the debate that Arthur Rowley et al should be given higher status etc. Well great, good for them but the program was about the MON days not a history of LCFC. People on here need to get a life and stop all these petty comments it just drives people away.

I thought Steve Walsh came across as a bit of a nob! He tried to make everything about him. Telling Muzzy 'I made you a hero' because of a pass he made to him!?! Get real Walshy.

Don't think it was a light-hearted comment then?

He made the same comment 2 or 3 times about other players, Claridge included. The bloke thinks a lot of himself, I wouldn't be shocked if that's actually what he thought!

My thoughs exactly. If you watch it, literally the conversation before, he made the same comment to Elliott.

Great player, great servant to the club but as Babylon says, he thinks alot of himself and spoils himself abit. Muzzy was the real hero on show last night, closely followed by Jeff.

Archived