Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nathan.

EDL (English Defence League)

Why should they guard the temples and mosques? The EDL won't attack them.

The EDL, as an organization, are probably not stupid enough to openly attack mosques and temples.

However, the EDL attract all manner of racists, bigots, Islamophobes and Neanderthal knuckle-draggers who are more than likely capable of being that ridiculous.

With regards to the comments about racism. Racism is not just about skin colour. For example an African can be racist to an African Caribbean.

Abusing religious beliefs is also racist.

There is a video on youtube (it might be linked earlier, it might be in the guardian article) in which a 'member' of the EDL stated;

We are not racist. There are niggers here. We don't hate them. We hate muslims.

:frusty: OMG. Someone needs to do the human gene pool a favour.

There was a lot of discarded leaflets around Leicester on Saturday. They stated "Black and White Unite".

Please feel free to dissect that statement. It is 11:50 pm and I don't know where to start.

Anyway in reply to the comments about my statement regarding the mosques and temples. The police are. They have to. Officers have already been appointed to such places. Just because the EDL are 'officially against radical extreme muslims' they are hiding behind false pretences. They are racists. They are idiots. The majority of the people attending will not know the difference between the Leicester Central Mosque and the Guru Nanak Temple.

How do you know that was a genuine member of the EDL though? The UAF have infiltrated the EDL and placed people in there specifically to do nazi salutes. This is not only going against what the UAF actually believe in, but also stupid with regards to that members safety. If the EDL see him doing a nazi salute, he won't be in the middle of them for much longer, he'll be thrown out on his arse.

There against militant Islam. If they were against Islam, then that wouldn't make them racist? Because Islam is an ideology.

We can have a whole debate on what they are and what they are not.

Okay. So they are against militant/radical/extreme Islam.

Can you define it? No. There is no clear definition between what they are supposedly against and Islam as a whole.

In my opinion being against 'militant' Islam is just a false pretence. It allows the EDL and all the members and supporters to blur the 'official views' into what they want to believe and to let them choose who their targets are.

Therefore 'militant' Islam is blurred into Islam as a whole.

Islam is a religion. Under the eyes of the UK Law, Islam is a recognised religion. Islam is a religion, the EDL are racist.

How do you know that was a genuine member of the EDL though? The UAF have infiltrated the EDL and placed people in there specifically to do nazi salutes. This is not only going against what the UAF actually believe in, but also stupid with regards to that members safety. If the EDL see him doing a nazi salute, he won't be in the middle of them for much longer, he'll be thrown out on his arse.

He probably isn't a 'member' of the EDL. He is just a supporter.

The rest of what you said is just complete crap.

Then that means that Islam as a whole wants all of us in the West dead and wants to blow everyone up? Right? If your classing Extremist Islam and Islam as the same thing.

No.

What is 'extreme' Islam? What makes a Muslim 'extreme'?

What is 'militant' Islam? What makes a Muslim 'militant'?

What is 'radical' Islam? What makes a Muslim 'radical'?

Can you give me definitive answers to the above questions.

You cannot.

That is my point. The EDL cannot define who they are against.

I have just remembered something.

Can you explain the videos on youtube of people going to attend an EDL march/gathering and shouting 'you fooking pakis' 'fook of you pakis' whilst on a coach?

Thought not.

The EDL aren't going to go away though. They grow as each demo passes by. They can gather up 1000+ members with about 24 hours notice. At full strength there numbers must be close to 5000/6000.

Can I ask who you are? Are you someone who is closely affiliated with the EDL who has come on here to 'help them out'?

Also I see you haven't responded to my previous post.

I am nothing to do with them. I am just giving both points of views, from what I know.

I define all of those things are the same thing, terrorism and the willingness to kill other people, in the name of their religion.

You can't just hope to ignore them and hope they'll go away, they are one of the biggest groups that have ever been put together.

I am nothing to do with them. I am just giving both points of views, from what I know.

I define all of those things are the same thing, terrorism and the willingness to kill other people, in the name of their religion.

You can't just hope to ignore them and they'll go away, they are one of the biggest groups that have ever been put together.

You are not giving both points of view.

Name groups they are bigger than?

So you are just against those 'who want to kill other people, in the name of their religion.'

If I ask other people who support or are members of the EDL I would get different responses. That is my point. Different responses of varying degrees.

Also my questions do not constrain themselves to an abstract intellectual level. My questions also apply to concrete views of Islam. When I say concrete I mean real, physical values of the religion.

How do you visualise a 'radical/extreme/militant' muslim. How do you visualise 'radical/extreme/militant' Islam. What do they look like? Can the EDL give me a definitive answer?

No. What one person may think is one thing, another would disagree.

Therefore there is an effect by which the views of the majority will become more extreme.

Regardless of what the central members of the EDL and it's "command" (for want of any better word) believe they are standing for, they can't be completely ignorant enough to realise the calibre of person that they are attracting to their marches. In fact you'd have to argue that they're deliberately appealing to a specific demographic in order to garner support - understandable.

So if that majority then show up filled with racist, bigoted hatred and the EDL use that majority to help show it's numbers, power and voice then I'm sorry but they have no moral high-ground with which to deny claims that they are racist, bigoted or hate-filled.

So a few people who think they're representing UAF have stood in a crowd of skinheads and given a Nazi salute - that does't mean that every single one of the literally unending supply of caught-on-camera EDL morons was some sort of spy infiltrator trying to give them a bad name.

At the end of the day, what bothers me the most about the EDL is the sheer pointlessness of their existence. They're against militant Islam? IE, terrorists? Fantastic. We all are. Including the Police, Special Branch, MI5, MI6 and every other branch of the secret service, armed forces and government. So we're in good hands then, yes? Fantastic - pretty sure the collected above can do more for the country's security than the combined weight of six thousand average Joes.

Unless of course we AREN'T talking about militant Islam and are in fact talking about protesting against Islam as a whole and it's existence within British culture? In which case, OOPS!, we're back to square one - a bunch of fucking racists.

You can't just hope to ignore them and hope they'll go away, they are one of the biggest groups that have ever been put together.

What about anti - abortion protesters who kill doctors who perform abortions? That's ok because they are christians? I don't think so.

I didn't realise that there were that many dickheads in the UK who can be called on a moment's notice. No, they are not one of the biggest groups that have ever been put together. Not even close.

With regards to the comments about racism. Racism is not just about skin colour. For example an African can be racist to an African Caribbean.

Abusing religious beliefs is also racist.

There is a video on youtube (it might be linked earlier, it might be in the guardian article) in which a 'member' of the EDL stated;

:frusty: OMG. Someone needs to do the human gene pool a favour.

There was a lot of discarded leaflets around Leicester on Saturday. They stated "Black and White Unite".

Please feel free to dissect that statement. It is 11:50 pm and I don't know where to start.

Anyway in reply to the comments about my statement regarding the mosques and temples. The police are. They have to. Officers have already been appointed to such places. Just because the EDL are 'officially against radical extreme muslims' they are hiding behind false pretences. They are racists. They are idiots. The majority of the people attending will not know the difference between the Leicester Central Mosque and the Guru Nanak Temple.

Abusing religious beliefs is NOT racist you numpty. It is religious discrimination. Racism, is racial discrimination.

Have you ever read the Human Rights Act? I don't think so. In case you ask, yes I have

I didn't realise that there were that many dickheads in the UK who can be called on a moment's notice. No, they are not one of the biggest groups that have ever been put together. Not even close.

Name other groups that can get as many members within 24 hours notice.

Does everyone in this thread also think its ok that people can spit on our soldiers and abuse them and nothing is allowed to be done to them. Its a disgrace, they need locking up. Our boys are the best in the world and give their lives for our freedom.

Does everyone in this thread also think its ok that people can spit on our soldiers and abuse them and nothing is allowed to be done to them. Its a disgrace, they need locking up. Our boys are the best in the world and give their lives for our freedom.

I haven't notice any invasion forces waiting in the wings threatening the UK. The reason that the UK is in this mess is because of their own foreign policy for the past 60 years or so.

And sorry the soldiers are just doing their job (which they chose). They deserve no more praise than anyone else doing their job.

No. I also don't think it's OK for a bunch of far right cunts to claim to be standing up for my freedom by wandering around various Northern/Midlands towns pissed shouting "Allah is a paedo" and dressing it up like they've got a deep political message to communicate. As an Englishman, quite frankly it offends me.

I agree with you 100%. It is disgusting, and discriminating also. Where are the Laws to stop this kind of abuse? If they were Asian soldiers, something would be done about it. Before anyone says, "well, there are Asians in our army", check the percentage, because it is a fraction of less than 1% .

They come here to live, and want their entitlement, but how many would fight for this country?

Archived