Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nathan.

EDL (English Defence League)

It is relevant whether you think so or not. And it is a well known fact that the official story doesn't add up at all. I don't know where you get your figures from when you say that 'a staggering small minority of the worlds intelligent people believe it', but they are wrong. The intelligent people who don't believe it are probably the ones who either haven't looked into it or read much about it or the ones who couldn't give a shit either way cos they're not interested.

And it isn't disrespectful or insensitive to want to know the truth. I think that the people who are involved in this care more about the victims and consequences more than most do.

You believe Bush and co's version of events is correct and that's up to you, but you're wrong and I'm sure history will show it one day.

Ever read a book called ' Son of Hamas' by Mosab hossain yusef?

He is the son of one of Hamas' founding members and his father is a Hamas leader still to this day. He was present at many top level meetings within Hamas and its actually a very interesting book to read.

He has turned his back on Hamas and his Islam Faith and if in his book he is happy to attribute what happened on 9/11 to Muslim martyrs, then i am happy to believe him.

Lets be honest, anyone can find a reason to blame anyone else for anything else if they search the internet for long enough....

Ever read a book called ' Son of Hamas' by Mosab hossain yusef?

He is the son of one of Hamas' founding members and his father is a Hamas leader still to this day. He was present at many top level meetings within Hamas and its actually a very interesting book to read.

He has turned his back on Hamas and his Islam Faith and if in his book he is happy to attribute what happened on 9/11 to Muslim martyrs, then i am happy to believe him.

Lets be honest, anyone can find a reason to blame anyone else for anything else if they search the internet for long enough....

No I haven't read that and I don't think I would ever buy it if I saw it in a bookshop. The guy's a double agent so why would I trust a book written by him?! I have read many books on the subject though by more trustworthy individuals, I'll stick to them.

Actually, you're probably right. Those two are lovely blokes deep down. I mean, it's not like they caused over a million civilian deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan by blatantly lying about WMD's and false info about Iraqi and Afghani involvement in 911. (I understand that those 1 million don't count to alot of people cos they're foreign). I suppose B&B didn't know that the satellite pictures of WMD's in Iraq were fake along with alot of the other intel. Bless em, they're good blokes.

No I haven't read that and I don't think I would ever buy it if I saw it in a bookshop. The guy's a double agent so why would I trust a book written by him?! I have read many books on the subject though by more trustworthy individuals, I'll stick to them.

Translation:

Conspiracy Theorist Rule #153092523: Only read sources that confirm theories, however ridiculous, and refute all other sources and claim ridicule.

These muppets were in Blackpool last sat night and was the main reason i never bothered going out. Apparently they were demonstrating for justice for missing schoolgirl Charlene Downes.

More than 60 armed police officers, as well as riot vans, guarded the headlands, with officers stationed across the town as the protest took place.

Conspiracy theorists are what you get when naive people are converted to cynicism and have nothing to restrain it. Cynicism is fine when you see people in shades of grey, understand cognative dissonance and how people are creatures with shifting motivations, complex emotions, and are only ever partly informed. When you start to believe that everyone in power is some kind of high-functioning evil sociopath out only for their own ends, only then can you believe this kind of crazy shit. Frankly it's that rather than some of these half-baked theories that's more unbelievable.

I mean, I dislike Tony Blair viscerally, but I still don't think he did what he did because he's a bad person. I'm sure he thought it was right at the time and it wouldn't surprise me if he still does today. Barely anyone apart from psychopaths or the mentally ill does anything because they think it's wrong.

Very nearly everyone has to answer ultimately to their conscience, religious or non-religious, good or bad.

I know it was a long time ago now but on my train back from the forest game to Loughborough, the train was full of EDL morons. In the half an hour it took to get back to Loughborough where I believe their coach was picking them up I heard one of them threaten to slit the conductors throat, I got threatened for wearing a city shirt, there was numerous Allah is a peado chants, once they got off at Loughborough they preceded to head into town and smash half the bars up, they are morons. End of.

They demoed for a missing child, one that vanished and was found in a kebab mincer (I think). Justice has never been done, the same people still run the kebab shop. I for one think that did something good here.

Also Casuals United organised that day, not EDL.

Unfortunately for all involved you can't convict anyone without a shred of evidence. Maybe she did get minced, maybe not. Either way I think the fact she was giving blowjobs for chips at 14yrs old is a massive worry for the people of Blackpool.

I've watched a few of those EDL videos, and it seems more like an excuse to go on a piss up in another city, yell a few football/stupid chants, throw a few bottles and do some macho posturing to the police on days when they don't have tickets to a game.

Translation:

Conspiracy Theorist Rule #153092523: Only read sources that confirm theories, however ridiculous, and refute all other sources and claim ridicule.

lol I only laugh cos you are taking the piss and are not being serious. ( or do you just type 'conspiracy' into Google and have a look at the crazy results?! )

Conspiracy theorists are what you get when naive people are converted to cynicism and have nothing to restrain it. Cynicism is fine when you see people in shades of grey, understand cognative dissonance and how people are creatures with shifting motivations, complex emotions, and are only ever partly informed. When you start to believe that everyone in power is some kind of high-functioning evil sociopath out only for their own ends, only then can you believe this kind of crazy shit. Frankly it's that rather than some of these half-baked theories that's more unbelievable.

I mean, I dislike Tony Blair viscerally, but I still don't think he did what he did because he's a bad person. I'm sure he thought it was right at the time and it wouldn't surprise me if he still does today. Barely anyone apart from psychopaths or the mentally ill does anything because they think it's wrong.

33ymfc2.gif

Which psycho-babble, psychology or whatever it's called textbooks do you two get your stuff from? You give a new meaning to the word 'assume' like so many of your ilk!

Flynny, are you seriously saying that every person who believes in a conspiracy (not all conspiracies) is a naive cynic? Get a grip lad because conspiracies happen all the time (I'm sure you understand what a conspiracy is). If you think that they don't happen then you are the naive one.

You both seem to assume that if a person, for example, knows (not thinks) that a few dopey (fake)Muslims with boxcutters did not commit the 9/11 atrocities after beating the FAA and NORAD along the 2 hour journey, that they also believe that lizards are in control of The Whitehouse! Either that or you are just taking the piss.

Our problem is in the one, single word in your above post.

"Knows."

Were you there? Was your source? I'm guessing they have the same stand point as those claiming 911 was the work of religious fundamentalists; they were miles away from the event.

Nobody "knows", that's the whole point. That's why it's a conspiracy theory and not a globally accepted fact, recognized by all the world's brilliant minds.

Let me put this to you another way: are you so arrogant that you believe you are unusually heightened in your intelligence, awareness and enlightenment that you and your minority "know," and that the wealth of learned masses that disagree are all either less than you or "in on it?"

I - likely as does Flynny (in fact I can say so with about ninety-nine percent certainty) - accept the existence of conspiracies, official cover-up and the like. We all know about Watergate, we all know about WMD and we all know these things aren't all that rare, in the the grand scheme of things. I even also appreciate the cynical belief that these are, perhaps, only the conspiracies they "let" you know about. Perhaps.

But the feverish zealots out there who rabidly believe every conspiracy theory and testify it's truth to the point of undisputable FACT, of which you regularly align yourself with? Hilarious morons. It's not us that are blinded by propaganda and spin, it's you that's blinded by a hungering need to see conspiracy.

They demoed for a missing child, one that vanished and was found in a kebab mincer (I think). Justice has never been done, the same people still run the kebab shop. I for one think that did something good here.

Also Casuals United organised that day, not EDL.

Ah, the use of blood libels to enhance and stoke up racial prejudice.

A missing child in a kebab mincer? Whilst not being versed in the laws of halal, I'm pretty sure this breaks every single law of it. More to the point, how can you not see this is made up rubbish designed to stoke up racism? You are suggesting that a child was kidnapped, murdered and then the tracks covered by making the child into a kebab. Everyone knows about it (apparently), except for the police, who don't take any interest in it, as presumably police officers are robots towing a party line, who do not have families and who do not go over and above the call of duty when cases involve missing or murdered children.

Which psycho-babble, psychology or whatever it's called textbooks do you two get your stuff from? You give a new meaning to the word 'assume' like so many of your ilk!

Flynny, are you seriously saying that every person who believes in a conspiracy (not all conspiracies) is a naive cynic? Get a grip lad because conspiracies happen all the time (I'm sure you understand what a conspiracy is). If you think that they don't happen then you are the naive one.

You both seem to assume that if a person, for example, knows (not thinks) that a few dopey (fake)Muslims with boxcutters did not commit the 9/11 atrocities after beating the FAA and NORAD along the 2 hour journey, that they also believe that lizards are in control of The Whitehouse! Either that or you are just taking the piss.

David Aaronivitch wrote a great book on conspiracy theories called Voodoo Histories.

The basis is that people need to believe in conpiracy theories as they can't comprehend that somethings happen through randomness or just a series of unlikely events to high profile people or landmarks.

For example, if a car crashes in a tunnel going over the speed limit and the passengers die, it is an unfortunate accident and no one thinks anything more of it. If one of the passengers is Diana Princess of Wales, then there must be more to it. Aaronivitch argues that it's down to human behaviour. That in order to make sense of the world, we convince ourselves that people or places that we put on a pedestal cannot suffer accidents or freak events. That they are so in control of all events in their proximity, that nothing can happen by chance. So darker forces must be at play if something outside of their control happens.

The same is with 9/11, that powerful America, always in control of events, could not have suffered such a tragedy by a planned attack by a few terrorists who used chance and luck to make their attack.

I don't want to change the direction of this threat to another one about conspiracy theories as it's taking it off topic, so I'll bring it back round to topic by saying the EDL are a bunch of w*nkers.

I'm not a fan of any party based around hatred and stereotyping. If people want to defend there 'englishness' firstly define what is english and what is stopping people from being english!! Secondly, instead of targetting an individual group, target those that put inpolicies to stop those people from being english!!!

A missing child in a kebab mincer? Whilst not being versed in the laws of halal, I'm pretty sure this breaks every single law of it. More to the point, how can you not see this is made up rubbish designed to stoke up racism? You are suggesting that a child was kidnapped, murdered and then the tracks covered by making the child into a kebab. Everyone knows about it (apparently), except for the police, who don't take any interest in it, as presumably police officers are robots towing a party line, who do not have families and who do not go over and above the call of duty when cases involve missing or murdered children.

It was plastered all over the news.

Also, I've met some of the East Midlands EDL, and they weren't fighting or throwing bottles. They talked to me and made some valid arguments in my opinion. They were nice to my girlfriend as well, who is an Indian.

Btw one of the leaders is a Sikh.

Not saying I support them, just pointing out they are not as bad as everyone is making out.

Maybe this sheds some light on the matter

Or this one

Or this

I only post these because I had no memory of the case and thought it sounded completely made up, much like yourself. Back to Leicester_Loyal's original post, you could sit there and say that Casual's United (who organised the demo) did good by campaigning for justice for Charlene Downes, if there weren't questions over their motivation. It's not that unreasonable to suggest there wouldn't have been a protest if those originally accused of the murder were born in the country.

True, but no matter what religion or colour or nationality you are, if you do something like that, something has to be done. And unfortunately, nothing has been done, no justice for that poor girl.

I agree with that, I just get the impression that Casuals United targeted this specific case for more than just a fight for justice

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently the EDL are off to Amsterdam in October. Sure they'll be doing a whole lot of "protesting" over there... lol

lol lol lol

Let's defend the English by getting utterly monged in, erm, Holland.

They're coming to Leicester on October 9th first. Should be fun.

The poorly made YouTube videos would be hilarious if they weren't so irritating.

Archived