Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

EDL (English Defence League)

It's funny. When a bunch of militant Islamists protest against soldiers coming home or picket the Danish embassy threatening to behead cartoonists they're dismissed on here as a bunch of nutters,not representative, a minority not worth bothering about. But when the EDL march we all ought to be ashamed and they need stamping out. Seems, not for the first time, that there are double standards on here.

Just for the record I think both groups are a bunch of coonts.

lol slight difference really though, isn't it? The so called "militant Islamists" were about fifteen guys and the story was deliberately misrepresented in the media to make it seem like far more of an event than it was.

Now don't get me wrong, I think tomorow's protest will also have been hugely over exaggerated - not just by the media but by many of us as we look on. But it'll still be massive in comparison.

Moreover, I'm willing to bet far more of us actually know white, English people with a positive word to say than know Muslims who thought "yeah, good on them" when a few retards were spitting at soldiers.

Not to mention the "militant Islamists" had approximately sod all cost to the tax payer. Do you have any idea how much the police, city council and the like will be spending on this protest? It's absolutely insane.

Wit the existence of the EDL at least these Neanderthals are now less likely to associate themselves with football teams like we had in the 70s/80s and for that I'm grateful.

Edit - just read some more on this and it seems their continued association with football is very much alive although these marches gives them the opportunity to show themselves up away from football.

This thread seems to be digressing somewhat and we need to keep to the important issues

Will I be able to get to TK Maxx on Saturday?

Yes. In fact Saturday would be a good day to go shopping considering everyone is avoiding the City Centre. It will be like Coventry on a night out.

I wouldn't go near Fosse Park though. That will be busy. Traffic chaos.

Another point to make is that there WILL NOT BE 3k+ on this march. The EDL have announced marches in Cov and Nuneaton on the same day. I seriously doubt that they will get over 1.5k. I think that this announcement is because they know they will not get over 3k. Leicester shall be safe.

And kudos to ibleedLeicestercolours and samilktray regarding handbags about my earlier post. IbleedLeicesterColours: I had just read your 3 previous posts and not the one before it. My apologies. Trust me you wouldn't want my handbag in your face. Its a fake Gucci and the G tends to come off. It could take your eye out...

Some interesting posts on here regarding this, just for the record I don't agree with the edl or the uaf. I attending the nottingham demo out of sheer curiosity and the fact I didn't have a ticket for the game and I also attended the bradford "demo". Now without meaning to sound too onesided, the trouble in both towns with the edl was caused by the police. In nottingham, they allowed the uaf to confront the edl which sparked chaos, they let 3 or 4 uaf supporters breach the police lines to attack the edl and when the edl retaliated, the police were very heavy handed. Again in bradford, the police payed more attention on fencing the edl in rather than keeping the uaf and edl apart. The inevitable happened and the uaf and mdl threw coins and smokebombs, to which the edl threw smokebombs, beer cans and bottles back. The police again tryed to force around 700 edl protesters into a small corner which forced people to climb over into a building site to escape, the police then charged at the front line of protesters hitting women and men alike with their riot shields, again members of the edl responded by throwing bricks and stones. Wrong response, but after being provoked, many of you would do the same. I will be in town tomorrow, but merely as an interested bystander to again witness what happens. But whatever happens, whoever causes trouble, the edl will again be made out to be the worst group by the media and idiots who have no idea.

Some interesting posts on here regarding this, just for the record I don't agree with the edl or the uaf. I attending the nottingham demo out of sheer curiosity and the fact I didn't have a ticket for the game and I also attended the bradford "demo". Now without meaning to sound too onesided, the trouble in both towns with the edl was caused by the police. In nottingham, they allowed the uaf to confront the edl which sparked chaos, they let 3 or 4 uaf supporters breach the police lines to attack the edl and when the edl retaliated, the police were very heavy handed. Again in bradford, the police payed more attention on fencing the edl in rather than keeping the uaf and edl apart. The inevitable happened and the uaf and mdl threw coins and smokebombs, to which the edl threw smokebombs, beer cans and bottles back. The police again tryed to force around 700 edl protesters into a small corner which forced people to climb over into a building site to escape, the police then charged at the front line of protesters hitting women and men alike with their riot shields, again members of the edl responded by throwing bricks and stones. Wrong response, but after being provoked, many of you would do the same. I will be in town tomorrow, but merely as an interested bystander to again witness what happens. But whatever happens, whoever causes trouble, the edl will again be made out to be the worst group by the media and idiots who have no idea.

Again, whilst I don't advocate violence on either side, the EDL will always be portrayed as the "bad guys" because it's the EDL that are shouting racist chants and preaching religious ignorance.

Regardless of how many morons there are in the UAF, the average person on the street is usually going to have vaguely more time for a group standing up to racism than a group inciting it.

Two wrongs don't make a right, I get that, and I know there's a lot of decently mature and peaceful people on here like Stez and Webbo who will - possibly rightly - refuse to say a good word about either group. But which springs to mind as the most immediately offensive and damaging? Probably the ones shouting "Allah is a paedo" - regardless of whether are not there are EDL websites and forums suggesting that this may be hurting their image.

The police not preventing confrontation doesn't make them responsible or the cause of any violence it's those people intent on violence and confrontation that are wholly responsible, if this was not the case the police wouldn't even need to be there other than to control the traffic.

Don't try and pass the buck onto the police, they may be heavy handed or their responses may be seen as extreme but they are reacting to people intent on violence.

Guest Mee-9

Mum was speaking to a Policeman last night at work, he said:

Buses are being diverted, and may even not run, so only go town if its necessary.

Alot of Foreign-owned shops, and other retailers will be boarded up, to prevent damage.

If you know anyone going to Leicester tomorrow, It's best if you avoid town. Theres a big police operation happening, and there expecting ALOT of trouble.

I was going town, but after this will be spending the afternoon in Nottingham :P Hope this helps.

Buses are being diverted, and may even not run, so only go town if its necessary.

Alot of Foreign-owned shops, and other retailers will be boarded up, to prevent damage.

If you know anyone going to Leicester tomorrow, It's best if you avoid town. Theres a big police operation happening, and there expecting ALOT of trouble.

I was going town, but after this will be spending the afternoon in Nottingham :P Hope this helps.

You make it sound like a terrorist plot or a Coup d'etat is happening tomorrow.

If people go about their normal business sensibly, they'll be arlgiht. :thumbup:

Lcfc bugg, read before you post eh, I'm not attending the march, I think the edl and what it stands for is balls, I've explained my reasons for attending the 2 previous marches, and again curiosity will get the better of me tomorrow. Because I'm there doesn't mean I support the edl. If I went to chesterfield v southend tomorrow, does that mean I support one of the teams ? Thought not !

Bound to :)

I know there's a lot of decently mature and peaceful people on here like Stez and Webbo

That's the nicest thing you've ever said about me. :blush:

I actually need to go into town tomorrow for once but the kind of shop I need is likely to be boarded up, fooking retards.

That's the nicest thing you've ever said about me. :blush:

I actually need to go into town tomorrow for once but the kind of shop I need is likely to be boarded up, fooking retards.

i catch your drift , but i think those sort of shops are always boarded up regardless of any marches ,, it's something to do with decency laws and kids and stuff :thumbup:

Webbo for mod :trumpet:

Yes. In fact Saturday would be a good day to go shopping considering everyone is avoiding the City Centre. It will be like Coventry on a night out.

I wouldn't go near Fosse Park though. That will be busy. Traffic chaos.

Another point to make is that there WILL NOT BE 3k+ on this march. The EDL have announced marches in Cov and Nuneaton on the same day. I seriously doubt that they will get over 1.5k. I think that this announcement is because they know they will not get over 3k. Leicester shall be safe.

And kudos to ibleedLeicestercolours and samilktray regarding handbags about my earlier post. IbleedLeicesterColours: I had just read your 3 previous posts and not the one before it. My apologies. Trust me you wouldn't want my handbag in your face. Its a fake Gucci and the G tends to come off. It could take your eye out...

No worries, an overreaction by me lol

Archived