Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dylan

Premier League 2010/11

Never a red, Lucas being a **** didn't really help though.

TV showed Morrison went straight over the top. Good job Torres had strong shinpads or his career would be over.

No question about a red card..

Villa seem to ba a bit light in the old striking department after naming their 25.

Agbonlahor-Carew-Heskey

...............and only 2 keepers

Also Carl Ikeme named in the Wolves squad.

Delfounso? Bit short yeah but not awfully i'd say.

Just read through Stoke's 25, bar 2 or 3 a very tidy looking squad built there.

Delfounso? Bit short yeah but not awfully i'd say.

Just read through Stoke's 25, bar 2 or 3 a very tidy looking squad built there.

Delfounso is only 19, so he doesn't need to be in the 25. Teams can use as many under 21's as back up to the 25 as they like.

I personally see no point in these new rules. What's their objective? The home-grown rule is flimsy, and you can still have a 25 man squad full of foreign nationals so it pretty much defeats the idea. 25 is a large number so you can still horde huge squads, especially as under-21s don't fall into the number. Please someone put me right if I'm missing something obvious or have stated something that is wrong. Just seems pointless to me. :dunno:

Delfounso is only 19, so he doesn't need to be in the 25. Teams can use as many under 21's as back up to the 25 as they like.

yeah but the point was that they only have 3 strikers to choose from. which they don't because of ND

I personally see no point in these new rules. What's their objective? The home-grown rule is flimsy, and you can still have a 25 man squad full of foreign nationals so it pretty much defeats the idea. 25 is a large number so you can still horde huge squads, especially as under-21s don't fall into the number. Please someone put me right if I'm missing something obvious or have stated something that is wrong. Just seems pointless to me. :dunno:

overall it is sort of pointless - The home grown rule says that you must have 8 players that have been registered with a club affiliated to the english or welsh fa (not scottish or Irish though by the looks of things) for 3 years before they turn 21. However these 8 can incude "foreigners" poached for overseas academys meaning Fabregas counts as homegrown. If you can't name 8 homegrown players then you have to operate with a smaller squad than the rest.

The 25 man squad is meant to limit so that clubs then turn to youth if they have a injury crisis but i can't see 7 players registered as part of this 25 being injured at any one time or the club turning to their academy rather than playing the u21 players they've signed this summer and not registered to leave spaces open for over-21 signings.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived