Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Salieri

City 0-2 Q.P.R

Hi QPR fan here,have read all the above posts and can relate to most of them,can only disagree with the ones that say the Ref was biased etc. what about the disallowed goal?if he was biased then surely that would of stood?

I have been attending games since 1978 and this is the most balanced Rangers side i have seen for more than a decade,we are playing total football at home then grinding out results(like today) away from home,surely the ideal recipe for promotion,we now have a six point gap over third so even if we do and i'm sure we will lose a couple on the bounce we will still be up there.

I have always liked Leicester and am sure that come May you be in the top six.,Sousa was well liked at Rangers but he does tend to be a bit one dimensional,if you had of said 12 months ago that Colin would be our manager i probably would of hung myself(well been a bit annoyed) but he has turned out to be a revelation.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Not really. Not sure where you sit by I was right on top of it in the corner and it was some woeful marking from us at LB and CB.

SK1, and I thought it was fantastic. Poor marking or not, the execution of stretching us completely, putting in a perfect cross and meeting it with a powerful and accurate header was good to watch.

Hi QPR fan here,have read all the above posts and can relate to most of them,can only disagree with the ones that say the Ref was biased etc. what about the disallowed goal?if he was biased then surely that would of stood?

I don't think the referee did disallow it. Not sure what happened but I thought he was pointing to the centre spot.... did the linesman flag? Either way it was one of the most blatant pushes on Berner.

Warnocks tactics were spot on (Not the time wasting or feigning injury), Their 2 strikers worked their bollocks off. There was never a short pass available from a goal kick and they closed us down brilliantly in the centre of midfield. We looked far more dangerous with Howard on because to me its clear we cannot play Fryatt on his own.

Was just about to post more or less the same. Hard to believe as it is, we have been playing excellent football this season, though not today by the sounds of it.

Take it as a compliment, Warnock obviously thought this was the best way of winning at yours, so he earned his money today.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I think the fact I was so relieved when we scored a second says it all. Apart from at LR obviously!

A big thank you from West London for taking 3 points off Baadiff on Tuesday, now I must go and thank Ipswich for that too. God we're so lucky, playing them and you when you were both having off days whilst the Champions elect were obviously less lucky.......

I have been attending games since 1978 and this is the most balanced Rangers side i have seen for more than a decade,we are playing total football at home then grinding out results(like today) away from home,surely the ideal recipe for promotion,we now have a six point gap over third so even if we do and i'm sure we will lose a couple on the bounce we will still be up there.

I have always liked Leicester and am sure that come May you be in the top six.,Sousa was well liked at Rangers but he does tend to be a bit one dimensional,if you had of said 12 months ago that Colin would be our manager i probably would of hung myself(well been a bit annoyed) but he has turned out to be a revelation.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

I think the bitterness comes from the fact weave had two great seasons with a manager who had us set up to succeed in this league, then he leaves just before we get new owners, we all knew Sousa would be the replacement. But why change it? if its true why force out a manager who clearly knows how to win games? I am frustrated because i had a great time last year in the stands we were winning, maybe not all the time pretty flowing football but we could grind out results, i have faith Sousa can turn round, but i just don't think we have the players to replicate his style, and the players he has brought in he doesn't even play! I mean come on Neilson didn't even get in the team towards the back end of last season! If we Loose to Pompey in the league we have to start to do something? Because that would be their first win, and what would that say about us?

Just read Sousa's view on the game from the OS...

"We recovered after the goal but they pushed the game into a battle and a physical battle is one we don't know how to win".

Yes its no secret that were not the most physical side in the league, but if other managers are listening/looking to what hes said then theyre gameplan is sorted already.

Am i the only person that looks at it like this? :dunno:

doubt u are the only 1 , i cannot believe he made that statement , oh well another weekend feeling down , :(

I thought QPR looked a quality side for all of 15minutes. After that, we pretty much controlled the game, without ever being dangerous, which is mind boggling. Warnock got the tactics spot on, but we still could have got something from the game and definitely deserved too after the QPR players started to time waste.

Howard coming on was a massive lift and I really thought we were going to do it but Fryatttt!! Oh dear. We need to loan in a striker now!! We can't have a striker who needs 100 touches before he shoots. If we can't get anybody else in, then play Waggy in that role. I'm not buying a lack of confidence any more. Fryatt needs to man the fook up and run his socks off if he wants to keep his place.

I don't think we were outplayed today by the league leaders, I think after those first 15-20 minutes, we were the better side and the only team who looked like they wanted to score, however, how many times can we say that this season. We have to start scoring and turning this good play in to results.

I think Sousa is really on to something here. He has us creating chance after chance but we just don't have the players, especially up top, to take these chances and be ruthless!!

It is another loss, but it doesn't add another nail to Sousa's coffin for me. Tighten things up at the back, sign a ruthless "fox in the box" striker and we will get the results!

Didn't go but I'm assuming people are moaning because we lost to top of the league... But to be honest, these stats suggest we did alright and were jsut poor in front of goal..

Possession

• Leicester 52%
  • QPR 48%

Attempts on target

• Leicester 11
  • QPR 6

Attempts off target

• Leicester 10
  • QPR 2

22 shots v 8 shots, seems like we dominated but couldn't score. We're dominating games at least, winning will come eventually...i've heard enough people moaning and wanting sousa out, i could understand if we were being dominated but we're obviously not.

Also, is it just me or do we seem to batter teams in the second halves of games??

The stats are frankly misleading

Our minor domination of possession was in the third of the pitch nearest to our goal

We had one meaningful chance all game, possibly two. One of those was a shot from outside the box.

The shots off target were either nearer the corner flag or would have cleared three goals (Gallagher)

Didn't go but I'm assuming people are moaning because we lost to top of the league... But to be honest, these stats suggest we did alright and were jsut poor in front of goal..

Possession

• Leicester 52%
  • QPR 48%

Attempts on target

• Leicester 11
  • QPR 6

Attempts off target

• Leicester 10
  • QPR 2

22 shots v 8 shots, seems like we dominated but couldn't score. We're dominating games at least, winning will come eventually...i've heard enough people moaning and wanting sousa out, i could understand if we were being dominated but we're obviously not.

Also, is it just me or do we seem to batter teams in the second halves of games??

well thats ok then , i feel alot better now :scarf:

Possession

• Leicester 52%
  • QPR 48%

Attempts on target

• Leicester 11
  • QPR 6

Attempts off target

• Leicester 10
  • QPR 2

I only really remember Kenny having to make one good save with his feet in the first half and that was it. The rest were mostly daisycutters from 25 yards out when Gallagher came on.

The closest we came was Wellens missing in the first half, he wasn't far off.

Warnock totally out-thought Sousa today with his tactics, knowing exactly how to set his team up against us.

Whilst this possession football looks nice, we don't have the players to make it work. Consequently, we can pass the ball around for most of the match, but we don't have those one or two players who can see things quicker than a well organised opposition defence and create a chance with a precision splitting pass, or a great run.

The fact is, the majority of goals scored in the modern game are either from set pieces, or from attacking moves taking less than 7 passes. Any move requiring more than 7 passes often fizzles out as the opposition defence is able to get back into place and reorganise. We seem to be rubbish at both these (set-pieces and quick breaks), so it's no surprise we struggle to create chances and struggle to score.

We also played a team that's in the top two today.. we've had some pretty difficult games so far. I really hope we stick a few in past pompey to stop people from moaning for a bit!

I think that will be key. I can just about stomach playing well and losing to a top of the table team, but if we play well and lose to bottom of the table, then we really don't have any excuses left.

If we lose to Pompey, then I think fans will quickly turn on Sousa, maybe me included :whistle:

Hmm. Well by the middle of the second half, we were playing left-footed Dyer on the right wing, and right-footed Gallagher on the left. We also played the majority of the first half (at home) with one player up front. I thought we matched QPR in terms of passing and play, but that we were outdone tactically. They came with a plan, they went home with 3 points. Morrison was dreadful today I have to say - and I really want him to do well. Wellens also was very sloppy.

Let's just say one thing - Sousa will have to play more of his own signings against Portsmouth next week, if only to justify his own managerial position...

This isn't too far off the same teams as last year when we did the double over them & dicked them 4-0 at home only a few months ago, something is seriously wrong.

A bit of tables being turned? Last season we had our purple patch of scoring 4 for four games running, thought we were going to win the league, then you came to Loftus Road, got tight on our creative players and did a thoroughly professional job on us. Beat us comfortably and derailed our season to boot.

We have played some lovely football this season, but there are some games you just have to win ugly; today was one of them for us.

I'd be seriously worried with Sousa's post match comments. He seems to have the same point of view as Wenger, but with all due respect, hasn't assembled the same squad of players.

We've spent 2 years with no plan B. I'm not going to knock it now we have more than one way to play.

I was amazed when Pearson left for Hull actually, really thought you'd be in amongst the top few teams this year. When he went and Sousa came in, I thought you wouldn't do quite so well if I'm being honest. We've seen his teams up close too.

Good luck!

Archived