Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Ipswich Town Matchday Thread

Ipswich Town fans are saying today's game is the biggest in Roy Keanes life. (Strange I know) Some ITFC fans are also saying this will be bigger than the Champions league finals Keanes played in.But they expect him to be sacked if theres a poor result today.

On the other hand, We hammered a Mid-table, half decent Doncaster side last week at home. Although it took a 'soft' penalty to start us off, we looked class in the second half. Lets hope we can start the game off well. We will be high on confidence. But we know how football works, it's not always that simple. :rolleyes:

I'll say a 2-0 win today, Goals coming from Vassell (If hes fit) and Cunningham.

:scarf:

Keane always does well against us. I fear the worst if we go behind early on. It's stating the bleeding obvious, but we need to get a good tempo from the outset and score first. After watching England collapse in Perth, I'm not optimistic - I just think it's going to be one of those days. Draw or Ipswich win is the best I can foresee. Hope I'm wrong. Cup half empty day, I'm afraid.

Keane always does well against us. I fear the worst if we go behind early on. It's stating the bleeding obvious, but we need to get a good tempo from the outset and score first. After watching England collapse in Perth, I'm not optimistic - I just think it's going to be one of those days. Draw or Ipswich win is the best I can foresee. Hope I'm wrong. Cup half empty day, I'm afraid.

Yea I'm feeling the same after listening to the collapse this morning, but you got to remember the ITFC fans will be feeling worse because they don't have a great 5-1 win to look back on for a pick me up :)

LUNCHTIME PITCH INSPECTION

Posted on: Sat 18 Dec 2010

Town's game against Leicester is subject to a pitch inspection at lunchtime.

The pitch has been protected but temperatures as low as minus 10 have left some areas around the ground and the playing surface in need of an inspection.

Official Ipswich Site.

Hope its on!

Games getting postponed willy nilly now :/ Better be on :scarf:

Full list of postponed sporting events:

FOOTBALL

Saturday

Premier League

Liverpool v Fulham

Wigan v Aston Villa

Championship

Cardiff v Burnley

Portsmouth v S****horpe

League One

Brentford v Huddersfield

Bristol Rovers v Colchester

Dag & Red v Peterborough

Hartlepool v Charlton

Leyton Orient v Plymouth

MK Dons v Oldham

Rochdale v Bournemouth

Swindon v Tranmere

Walsall v Southampton

Yeovil v Carlisle

From Stringers Twitter:

There is a pitch inspection at Portman Road at 2pm. I reckon, looking at the weather, it'll go ahead but will keep you upto date.

I think stringer is missing the point, the damage was done last night by the -10 temp.

Although I hope he's right.

From Stringers Twitter:

There is a pitch inspection at Portman Road at 2pm. I reckon, looking at the weather, it'll go ahead but will keep you upto date.

2pm is no good they should decide now.

Sorry I don't know what you mean.

I couldn't understand why Stringer was getting our hopes up by looking at the weather when the damage has already been done.

That if a frozen pitch was the problem then it would have been pulled up at the inspection they've just had and not at the next one two hours later. Therefore, the -10deg didn't cause damage to the playing surface and the match will only be called off in the event of excessive snowfall covering the surface or rendering visibility reduced.

Surely if they keep the pitch covered during the forecast snow fall it should be alright. Massive incentive for all concerned to get this game on as it's on SKY!

They can't cover all the areas surrounding the ground though, can they? Temperatures around here got down to below -10 last night. It's ice that's likely to get this game called off. Add to that more snow and temperatures that are going to stay well below freezing.... :dunno:

Whichever way, Ipswich need to get a move on with making a decision. Leaving it until 2pm will be far too late for many heading down from Leicestershire.

That if a frozen pitch was the problem then it would have been pulled up at the inspection they've just had and not at the next one two hours later. Therefore, the -10deg didn't cause damage to the playing surface and the match will only be called off in the event of excessive snowfall covering the surface or rendering visibility reduced.

I get you now.

Here's a link to a webcam in Ipswich town centre if anyone's interested. Keep an eye out for clouds bubbling in the background :sweating:

My link

Archived