Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
zubi

Yuki Appreciation Thread

Really pleased for him .. But with Svens love of Oakley and the low probability of dropping wellens and Kingy I see him struggling to get a real look in all season with the potential of maybe signing a few other players .. I hope he has a big part next season, seems a genuine nice bloke and I rate him highly! :thumbup:

Just want to say how much I enjoyed seeing Yuki score his first goal today. If any player deserved one today it had to be him, and taken so expertly might I add.

It was great to see the fans reaction also. For me Yuki has been outstanding this season. Though some games he has looked lost, he's been an absolute workhorse for us, and his passing, work rate and technique in midfield have been outstanding.

So Mr Yuki Abe, take a bow!

:wub:

This completely

What's his english like?

wasnt too bad to be honest, my mate asked him for his tracksuit top and he just stood there and laughed. unwrapped it from his waist then tied it back up, wasnt sure if he could give it away.

his translator likes speaking for him though.

i told him he was my favourite player to try and get his boots but he just said thank you, so he's getting there :thumbup:

I did French at school for like 5 or 6 years and I still can't speak it.

Must be hard as ****, so a goal will be great for him.

Same, and I failed it every year :D

True. But when you live in a country and have to use it all the time whilst learning it should help

What's disappointed me this season is the slacking off, off our players at grounds & on this web-site by our own fans. Certain critisms & moans about players are all about the game but when you get stick like Ricardo had to put with,this isn't right & embarrassing. Early part of the season on this web-site yuki & wellens were being slated & look what happens 1 gets player of the season & the other once he got settled has had a outstanding season. So my end of season moan is to be loyal & supportive to all our players through out the season as players need our positives thoughts & not shit like of our fans have given them. Come on we all support the same side & we all can make sure next season is the best yet for atmosphere both home &

away!

What's disappointed me this season is the slacking off, off our players at grounds & on this web-site by our own fans. Certain critisms & moans about players are all about the game but when you get stick like Ricardo had to put with,this isn't right & embarrassing. Early part of the season on this web-site yuki & wellens were being slated & look what happens 1 gets player of the season & the other once he got settled has had a outstanding season. So my end of season moan is to be loyal & supportive to all our players through out the season as players need our positives thoughts & not shit like of our fans have given them. Come on we all support the same side & we all can make sure next season is the best yet for atmosphere both home &

away!

I agree, get behind the players, they can't play like Barcelona every game.

Although when someone is playing poor and a replacement is readily available on the bench you can't help but moan :dunno:

pretty much what teblin said.

I could speak french (and german) fine when i was learning them at school - then i stopped learning them at school and just forgot how to speak them. Given yuki would still be using english while he's at this club it should be slightly easier than trying to learn it without needing to speak it while out and about.

Yuki To Put Club Before Country

:wub:

Leicester City midfielder Yuki Abe could be set to put club ahead of country and snub playing for Japan in the Copa America.

Japan have been invited to play in the South American championships in Argentina in July, but City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson said Abe might not want to participate in the tournament.

Abe has made 40 appearances for City this season since joining from J-League side Urawa Reds Diamonds in August, and he has had to come to terms with the more physical and demanding Championship season.

The Copa America will run throughout July, meaning Abe would miss most of City's pre-season preparations and would have very little rest ahead of another gruelling season in England.

The 29-year-old has been capped 50 times by Japan but was not selected to play in the Asia Cup in January, but is expected to be called into Alberto Zaccheroni's squad.

However, Abe may prefer to have his first pre-season with City, which will include a tournament in Sweden and a lucrative friendly against Real Madrid, and concentrate on establishing himself in Eriksson's squad for the next campaign.

"We have to decide together with Yuki (about the Copa America), but I wouldn't think it is something he wants to do," said Eriksson.

"After coming from the Japanese league into a tough league like the Championship, he has been fantastic. He is getting better and better.

"He has been in competition with Matt Oakley and, towards the end of the season, Matt started to fly. He was in very good form.

"But we need at least two players like them, physically-strong players who can sit and hold the midfield.

"Yuki has a contract for two more years and is very much in my thoughts."

Abe scored his first goal for City in the 4-2 victory against Ipswich Town at the Walkers Stadium on the last day of the season, and Eriksson said he thought the midfielder had now come to terms with the pace of English football.

"It is his first year in England," said Eriksson.

"He is an all-round player and he has adapted to the pace of English football.

"In England, if you are a midfielder you have to have few touches and move the ball on, or the opposition are there to take it. In the beginning they did that but he has adapted well. I think he has a very good future in England with us."

Archived