Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Madjid Bougherra

With the extra money both would get, the fanbase they have which is as big as Man City's Chelsea's and Spurs they would make the European places down here, easily.

I mean with the squads they have now, they are no better then teams like Blackburn, villa, etc, yes if they had the extra money they probally would,

I mean with the squads they have now, they are no better then teams like Blackburn, villa, etc, yes if they had the extra money they probally would,

But they wouldn't have the majority of the squad they have now if they were in the EPL and besides, if they did there are a good few players who could cut it in the EPL until they found there feet.

I watched the Celtic-Rangers match at Ibrox in April and I have to say it was absolutely dreadful, the squads as they are would be mid-table Premiership at the very best. That said if they did play in England, their profile and budgets would see them climb the league pretty quickly in my opinion. They're both massive clubs, with Celtic perhaps the larger in terms of potential as a result of the Irish diaspora that would get behind them.

Anyway back on topic, Bougherra would be an excellent signing for us and I'd welcome him here with open arms. God knows we need to start building a defence.

Rangers and it hates me to say this Celtic would easily be top half and with the money that the EPL has they'd both be up there pushing for CL spots. Scottish football isn't as bad as people make it out to be, yes some teams are horrific, i.e Hamilton, Hibs (at the minute), St Johnstone but teams like Hearts and Motherwell (maybe) would be lower prem team.

Yes my opinions on Celtic are the same as you I can't stand the club, yes if they had extra money they probally would push for top 6, but they are no spurs, Liverpool, everton, at the minute, as for hearts, hibs, I've gotta disagree, no way are they prem class, they are a mid table championship team at BEST

Yes my opinions on Celtic are the same as you I can't stand the club, yes if they had extra money they probally would push for top 6, but they are no spurs, Liverpool, everton, at the minute, as for hearts, hibs, I've gotta disagree, no way are they prem class, they are a mid table championship team at BEST

Ah, that's not what I meant i meant Hibs are shit but Hearts may make it. But actually no Heats have got that mad owner ain't they scrap that they'd struggle if he still picked the team. Motherwell might just scrape into the prem don't really know.

I watched the Celtic-Rangers match at Ibrox in April and I have to say it was absolutely dreadful, the squads as they are would be mid-table Premiership at the very best. That said if they did play in England, their profile and budgets would see them climb the league pretty quickly in my opinion. They're both massive clubs, with Celtic perhaps the larger in terms of potential as a result of the Irish diaspora that would get behind them.

Anyway back on topic, Bougherra would be an excellent signing for us and I'd welcome him here with open arms. God knows we need to start building a defence.

Yet when I seen them back in November, both looked they'd be in the mixer for a top 6 place and then when I was at Rugby Park in April, Celtic looked like they'd give Spurs, amongst others, a run for there money.

Not going into a debate about why people hate Celtic or my hatred towards the Huns, but both are better than Everton.

Rangers and Celtic wouldn't get the players that they can attract in the SPL, players would choose teams like Fulham and Bolton over those two if they were in our league.

Kris Commons and Gary Hooper are two of the best players in the league, and for me they're average championship players.

Rangers and Celtic wouldn't get the players that they can attract in the SPL, players would choose teams like Fulham and Bolton over those two if they were in our league.

Kris Commons and Gary Hooper are two of the best players in the league, and for me they're average championship players.

So does that mean he is joining :dunno:

This.

I'm surprised (kind of) that the Rangers fans think so highly of their club/league and look down on the Championship like such an inferior league. Look at how well Kris Boyd has done since he 'dropped down' to the Championship... :rolleyes:

Really? You'd rather play at the Reebok in front of an average crowd of around 20k with the only dream being top half or Craven Cottage with an average crowd of around 25k with, admittedly, a chance of Europe success but nothing besides that. Or play at a hostile, atmospheric Parkhead with an average attendance of at least 45k, knowing that you given a couple of years you have real pottential of securing a top-4 place and even challenging for the title.

Yet when I seen them back in November, both looked they'd be in the mixer for a top 6 place and then when I was at Rugby Park in April, Celtic looked like they'd give Spurs, amongst others, a run for there money.

Not going into a debate about why people hate Celtic or my hatred towards the Huns, but both are better than Everton.

lol There would only be 2 players I would sign from the SPL and that would be Commons and Hooper. Celtic and Rangers and mid-table championship sides. Remember Stephen Hughes... Rangers' next big thing?

lol There would only be 2 players I would sign from the SPL and that would be Commons and Hooper. Celtic and Rangers and mid-table championship sides. Remember Stephen Hughes... Rangers' next big thing?

You wouldn't take Bougherra, Kayal, Ki, Ledley, Majstorovic?

EDIT: Izagguire(sp)?

Really? You'd rather play at the Reebok in front of an average crowd of around 20k with the only dream being top half or Craven Cottage with an average crowd of around 25k with, admittedly, a chance of Europe success but nothing besides that. Or play at a hostile, atmospheric Parkhead with an average attendance of at least 45k, knowing that you given a couple of years you have real pottential of securing a top-4 place and even challenging for the title.

Challenging for the title with Kyle Lafferty up front and a 40-year old centre-back who was average at Everton? Seriously, stop making everybody laugh.

You wouldn't take Bougherra, Kayal, Ki, Ledley, Majstorovic?

EDIT: Izagguire(sp)?

Regarding our current team, I think we need a Wayne Brown-esq player and so Bougherra/Majstorovic I would have. We can do better than the players mentioned. I would have a look at Izaguirre. That is it.

Regarding our current team, I think we need a Wayne Brown-esq player and so Bougherra/Majstorovic I would have. We can do better than the players mentioned. I would have a look at Izaguirre. That is it.

We've gone from only wanting Hooper and Commons to saying you'd take one of Bougherra and Majstorovic and have a look at a very promising youngster in Izaguirre who could slot into any Champioship side and given time become a Premier League footballer.

We've gone from only wanting Hooper and Commons to saying you'd take one of Bougherra and Majstorovic and have a look at a very promising youngster in Izaguirre who could slot into any Champioship side and given time become a Premier League footballer.

Arsenal were/ are looking at Izzaguire.

Oh so Ted you'd turn down Allan McGregor? Steven Whittaker? Kayal? Ki?

I'd much prefer to play on the biggest stage in front of the crowds, yes. But for me, the main thing would be location. I'd much, much rather live in England than Scotland. I also believe Rangers or Celtic would get nowhere near the top 6 or be challenging for Europe. That's just a personal thing though.

Also, what the hell is this "Hun" bullshiit?

I'd much prefer to play on the biggest stage in front of the crowds, yes. But for me, the main thing would be location. I'd much, much rather live in England than Scotland. I also believe Rangers or Celtic would get nowhere near the top 6 or be challenging for Europe. That's just a personal thing though.

Only thing better about living in England than Scotland is that you wouldn't have to sit on coach journeys that are several hours longer. But in Glasgow, if you look at the West End you can find houses nicer and cheaper than what you'd find in London, if you spent time looking. Not to mention that within an hour or so drive of Glasgow you can get into some very nice area's.

Also, what the hell is this "Hun" bullshiit?

Hun is what the Celtic fans call Rangers, not exactly sure what it means.

Only thing better about living in England than Scotland is that you wouldn't have to sit on coach journeys that are several hours longer. But in Glasgow, if you look at the West End you can find houses nicer and cheaper than what you'd find in London, if you spent time looking. Not to mention that within an hour or so drive of Glasgow you can get into some very nice area's.

It's not the areas as such, just the fact that I'd hate to live up there. They'd not be coach journeys anyway, most PL clubs fly the longer drivable journeys, so I'm sure these would fo the same.

Hun is what the Celtic fans call Rangers, not exactly sure what it means.

Nickname for a protestant in Northern Ireland.

It's not the areas as such, just the fact that I'd hate to live up there. They'd not be coach journeys anyway, most PL clubs fly the longer drivable journeys, so I'm sure these would fo the same.

Love the place personally, but still, each to there own.

Nickname for a protestant in Northern Ireland.

Love the place personally, but still, each to there own.

Cheers for that, no idea what it meant just assumed it would probably be absusive of some sort

As for the 2nd point, yeah it's alright as long as you go to the right place, personally I prefer Edinburgh to Glasgow, much nicer place in my opinion with the Castle, Princes Street and tram.... oh wait. But yeah I prefer Endinburgh. I quite like going to Skye and Lewis though nice to see my family up there and always quite interesting. Still prefer to live in England though.

Archived