Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Madjid Bougherra

I swear Bristol City sang something like that.

"WE ARE THE PEOPLE, YOU ARE THE SCUM".

Biggest "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey" I've ever heard from our fans.

Probably, with some of the racist shite they were also coming out with that day. Same old shite the Huns come out with North of the border.

That awkward moment a Rangers fan has to bring up narrow pre-season victories against Newcastle and Blackburn reserves to reinforce his point that his side are a 'big' club.

Can't believe you forgot that clean sheet against United's second string team :rolleyes:

Didn't realise religion was the same as race.

Not saying you are a racist, but if you're prejudiced enough to use the term 'hun', then you might as well be.

Also, although not necessarily representative in terms of the modern age - Celts are one race and Anglo-Saxons are another.

Would just like to say to you all about rangers being a mid table championship team.. DUMB AS ****!!!

We played prem teams pre-season and in champions league the results of witch were..

Blackburn 1 Rangers 2

Rangers 2 Newcastle 1

Man utd 0 rangers 0

Rangers 0 Man Utd 1 (lucky 90min penalty from rooney)

Only team not to concede a goal at old trafford this season.

Last time we played chelsea we beat them 2-0. Ok pre season but they had very strong team out..

We are the world record holder's for most titles won 54 to be correct!!!

With current sqaud we have without adding at the moment would win the championship!

and be a mid table prem team with current squad.

LET THE REPLY'S BEGIN

W.A.T.P

You think you can justify your argument by throwing a few pre season results at us.

You play in Scotland's Mickey Mouse league which is shit and no body cares about.

Not saying you are a racist, but if you're prejudiced enough to use the term 'hun', then you might as well be.

Also, although not necessarily representative in terms of the modern age - Celts are one race and Anglo-Saxons are another.

Still bigots all the same

'Hun' isn't sectarian, the police have arrested several people for having it on banners and each time it has been thrown out of court.

You think you can justify your argument by throwing a few pre season results at us.

You play in Scotland's Mickey Mouse league which is shit and no body cares about.

Well Division 1, 2 and 3 are more Mickey Mouse than the SPL and no-one does actaully care about them. But we all know the Mickey Mouse league is the MLS.

Would just like to say to you all about rangers being a mid table championship team.. DUMB AS ****!!!

We played prem teams pre-season and in champions league the results of witch were..

Blackburn 1 Rangers 2

Rangers 2 Newcastle 1

Man utd 0 rangers 0

Rangers 0 Man Utd 1 (lucky 90min penalty from rooney)

Only team not to concede a goal at old trafford this season.

Last time we played chelsea we beat them 2-0. Ok pre

season but they had very strong team out..

We are the world record holder's for most titles won 54 to be correct!!!

With current sqaud we have without adding at the moment would win the championship!

and be a mid table prem team with current squad.

LET THE REPLY'S BEGIN

W.A.T.P

I bet Leeds middlesbrough and man city, thought that when tthey were relegated,

well its nice to see us all getting along. i think personally Rangers and Celtic and possibly hearts would do ok inthe prem. teams like hibs, motherwell, aberdeen would be mid champs teams.

on a random not how did cardiff and swansea get into the eng league?

and finally, i havent heard much about majid bour, is he any good? i mean is he the sort of CB we need? and is hereally going to want to play for us oh and could we get someone cheaper? equally skilled \ better?

well its nice to see us all getting along. i think personally Rangers and Celtic and possibly hearts would do ok inthe prem. teams like hibs, motherwell, aberdeen would be mid champs teams.

on a random not how did cardiff and swansea get into the eng league?

and finally, i havent heard much about majid bour, is he any good? i mean is he the sort of CB we need? and is hereally going to want to play for us oh and could we get someone cheaper? equally skilled \ better?

He's a pacy, very skilled defender who will normally play his way out of trouble but if needed will hoof it up, likes to get forward a lot. Very composed on the ball and is rated very highly by Rangers supporter's. Was linked with Barcelona a couple of years ago which shows he undoubtedly has talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMCngeKCVPE&feature=related

Ok if we're going on the results factor then we are almost as good as Man City.. 2-2 and 2-4 loss at there place?

Also the other year we lost 1-0 to Barcelona with Ronaldinho etc... so were almost as good as them?

Laughable comment that was. Pre-season means nothing. We could draw with Real Madrid pre-season, doesn't mean we are ANYWHERE near their standard.. go home! WUM

Champions League football down to championship football, can't see it being a 'major' name from up norff.

wouldnt be too sure its happened before ..Example boyd from rangers to middlesborough

Hi All,

Just signed up to give an informed opinion of this Bougherra talk,

Firstly I must say Boogie is a top defender on his day however this season there has been a dramatic drop in his form.

Rangers conceded more goals than Celtic this season....

Bougherra has constantly said that he wants to play in the =Ppremiership so I really don't seem him going to a championship side especially if teams like Wolves, Wigan were to show an interest.

Whilst I am here I would also like to address a couple of inaccuracies that have been banded about in this topic...

Rangers and Celtic are not Championship level teams, Currently their squads are roughly mid table Premiership level.

Although it has to be said that in recent years Rangers have kept clean sheets against Barcelona and Manchester United. Not forgetting they also reached a European Final.

I was also shocked to read that Stephen Hughes was billed as the "next big thing".... I am sorry but someone was lying there as he was very poor for us.

I also note that some users were quick to bring up Kris Boyd "failing" this year but never mentioned the successes....

Charlie Adam, Ross McCormack, Gavin Rae, Chris Burke, Noel Hunt, Stephen Crainey, James McFadden, Barry Ferguson, James McCarthy, James McCArthur, Ricardo Fuller, Roman Bednar etc

Some of these players (especially champagne charlie) really struggled in the spl but adapted well to the Championship.

Someone also brought up the Celtic reserve side AKA Middlesboro'... there was a reason Celtic let all of those players leave.

I would consider myself a realist and I accept that the SPL is not or ever will be the best in the world however it is a decent level and the Old Firm are still massive teams....

Hi All,

Firstly I must say Boogie is a top defender on his day however this season there has been a dramatic drop in his form.

Bougherra has constantly said that he wants to play in the =Ppremiership so I really don't seem him going to a championship side especially if teams like Wolves, Wigan were to show an interest.

Whilst I am here I would also like to address a couple of inaccuracies that have been banded about in this topic...

Rangers and Celtic are not Championship level teams, Currently their squads are roughly mid table Premiership level.

Although it has to be said that in recent years Rangers have kept clean sheets against Barcelona and Manchester United. Not forgetting they also reached a European Final.

I was also shocked to read that Stephen Hughes was billed as the "next big thing".... I am sorry but someone was lying there as he was very poor for us.

I also note that some users were quick to bring up Kris Boyd "failing" this year but never mentioned the successes....

Charlie Adam, Ross McCormack, Gavin Rae, Chris Burke, Noel Hunt, Stephen Crainey, James McFadden, Barry Ferguson, James McCarthy, James McCArthur, Ricardo Fuller, Roman Bednar etc

Some of these players (especially champagne charlie) really struggled in the spl but adapted well to the Championship.

Someone also brought up the Celtic reserve side AKA Middlesboro'... there was a reason Celtic let all of those players leave.

I would consider myself a realist and I accept that the SPL is not or ever will be the best in the world however it is a decent level and the Old Firm are still massive teams....

Mid table prem my arse, and none of those players you mention EVER lit up the prem and made it big, very average at best! Your best players and Championship players and at a push you would be a top Championship team, but I doubt that.

Hi All,

Ninja edit :ph34r:

Hi All,

Thought I had to respond to this.

McCormack was good first year but most of his goals were penalties, after that he was trash which is why we sold him. Gavin Rae is a cult hero because of how bad he was for us, he's now been released (finally), so another who was not a success and finally Burke was the only good player from that list but he too we released as he hasn't played well at all this season and failed to beat his man too many times this season.

Also as for the standard of Rangers + Celtic, top 4 Championship at best for me.

Archived