Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Madjid Bougherra

Also Rangers wouldn't get close to the top 6 or so teams in England. And I hope to god we never find out if they will by them coming from the SPL to the EPL.

Thought I had to respond to this.

McCormack was good first year but most of his goals were penalties, after that he was trash which is why we sold him. Gavin Rae is a cult hero because of how bad he was for us, he's now been released (finally), so another who was not a success and finally Burke was the only good player from that list but he too we released as he hasn't played well at all this season and failed to beat his man too many times this season.

Also as for the standard of Rangers + Celtic, top 4 Championship at best for me.

My point is the players I mentioned were not good enough for the old firm however went on to be pretty successful for Championship teams

My point is the players I mentioned were not good enough for the old firm however went on to be pretty successful for Championship teams

Well Bluebirds point was that they went on to be shit in the Championship as well. Maybe they were just not very good.

Also Rangers wouldn't get close to the top 6 or so teams in England. And I hope to god we never find out if they will by them coming from the SPL to the EPL.

Why not?

They have over 40,000 season ticket holders? They have a big name across Europe... People would have said the same about Man City 5 years ago or Chelsea 15 years ago

Why not?

They have over 40,000 season ticket holders? They have a big name across Europe... People would have said the same about Man City 5 years ago or Chelsea 15 years ago

Newcastle, Leeds, Man City etc all had tens of thousands of season ticket holders, and two of them were in League one a few years back. Fan bases don't win you games. Good players win you games, and the Old Firm are lacking in that area.

Why not?

With your existing squads you would struggle, but that is a moot point. With Prem TV money and 40k season ticket holders, they wouldn't have those squads for long.

Newcastle, Leeds, Man City etc all had tens of thousands of season ticket holders, and two of them were in League one a few years back. Fan bases don't win you games. Good players win you games, and the Old Firm are lacking in that area.

The Old Firm are a bigger attraction than any of those teams mentioned

Well look at Giuseppe Rossi, wasn't good enough for Man Utd but good enough for Barcelona and Diego Forlan is sort of similar, some times players don't hit it off at a club, Samuel Eto'o also got thrown out of Real Madrid when he was younger.

It's not as if Adam and Burke wasn't regarded as talented, Burke was plagued with injuries for you.

http://www.rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=16581

Well look at Giuseppe Rossi, wasn't good enough for Man Utd but good enough for Barcelona and Diego Forlan is sort of similar, some times players don't hit it off at a club, Samuel Eto'o also got thrown out of Real Madrid when he was younger.

It's not as if Adam and Burke wasn't regarded as talented, Burke was plagued with injuries for you.

http://www.rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=16581

Adam was booed off the Park every time Rangers played mate. Even now I don't see the hype but thats another story.

I could have sworn Giuseppe Rossi had only ever played for Villarreal in Spain and Wigan were still a Premiership side.

This thread says otherwise and I'm confused.

Yet Celtic were having crowds of less than 20,000 last season at times, of course the official figures wont show that embarrassment as they count tickets sold.

There is obviously no reasoning with you.

Your mind is made up, although I am baffled with your the Old Firm are top 4 championship material.

Guys like Burke, Hunt, Rae, McCormack etc have all featured in the play offs recently however none were deemed good enough in the SPL.

There is obviously no reasoning with you.

Your mind is made up, although I am baffled with your the Old Firm are top 4 championship material.

Guys like Burke, Hunt, Rae, McCormack etc have all featured in the play offs recently however none were deemed good enough in the SPL.

I don't see Rangers and Celtic being any better than the likes of us (last season), QPR, Norwich and Swansea. Celtic continually sign championship players yet once they get to Celtic park they suddenly become Premier League talented players? Some examples .. Loovens, Hooper, Ledley, Commons, Matthews, hell they even bought Willo Flood off us (who failed for us, by the way). How can a team who continually buys Championship players be considered anything more than as good as the top Championship teams.

I could have sworn Giuseppe Rossi had only ever played for Villarreal in Spain and Wigan were still a Premiership side.

This thread says otherwise and I'm confused.

Rossi played for Man United, was gash there but he certainly played at Man Utd/.

I don't see Rangers and Celtic being any better than the likes of us (last season), QPR, Norwich and Swansea. Celtic continually sign championship players yet once they get to Celtic park they suddenly become Premier League talented players? Some examples .. Loovens, Hooper, Ledley, Commons, Matthews, hell they even bought Willo Flood off us (who failed for us, by the way). How can a team who continually buys Championship players be considered anything more than as good as the top Championship teams.

These players you mentioned.... Are supplemented with Quality which you - no disrepect - don't have.

As much as I hate to admit it, Ledley was destined to be an EPL player. Loovens can't get a game, Hooper is a young guy but the talent is there and he earned a move. These players were supplemented with Juarez, Kayal, The Big Bald Swede, Izzaquire, Ki etc.

Players that would be out of reach for Championship sides

These players you mentioned.... Are supplemented with Quality which you - no disrepect - don't have.

As much as I hate to admit it, Ledley was destined to be an EPL player. Loovens can't get a game, Hooper is a young guy but the talent is there and he earned a move. These players were supplemented with Juarez, Kayal, The Big Bald Swede, Izzaquire, Ki etc.

Players that would be out of reach for Championship sides

Let me give you my thoughts on Ledley since I've watched him for 6 years, good player, but too slow for Premier League. At times when we was playing well he'd have struggled to get in our side, sounds funny now but Olifinjana and Whittingham would have definitely kept him out. I'd take him back but Premier League player he is not, if he was he'd have gone there as he was a free agent but nope, no one took him.

Let me give you my thoughts on Ledley since I've watched him for 6 years, good player, but too slow for Premier League. At times when we was playing well he'd have struggled to get in our side, sounds funny now but Olifinjana and Whittingham would have definitely kept him out. I'd take him back but Premier League player he is not, if he was he'd have gone there as he was a free agent but nope, no one took him.

Ok thats your thoughts again, however you totally ignored my argument.

Archived