Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Madjid Bougherra

His 35k a week wages were stalling his move here. It said so in the papers the other day.

Like Bert said the other day, its just because we haven't signed him yet the papers will doubt it and say his wages are the reason. The transfer window is what 4days old? People need to chill, I still think we will sign him.

Hope so mate. Although paying 70k a week for two players is still too much in my opinion. I want quality here, but that is a silly amount of money.

Personally speaking i think even 20k a week is too much for a football player but thats a different argument altogether...

The average salary of a Premier League footballer has more than doubled in the last four years, according to a study.

On average, a player plying his trade at one of the 20 top-flight clubs in England earns £1.5 million a year, compared to £646,000 in 2006.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28042010/58/premier-league-player-salaries-doubled-four-years.html

i work that out as being about 28k p/w for an average premier league player..... so really by todays standards 35k a week really isnt that high... If Sven is looking to the prem for our players then prem wages we are going to pay...

i doubt hes on massive wages up there, im sure we could match/beat them (with promotion bonus), considering we would purchase him relatively cheap) btw does Bert indicate its a "done deal!?

If Bougherra came on a free transfer, which I think would be the case, and we paid him £30k per week ( = 1 season @ £1.5m), that would be fine on a two year contract. If we didn't get promoted we could sell him for £1.5m ( therefore no cost ). If we did get promoted, more money coming in, job done, and we could offer him a new contract, or sell him anyway.

That would be how Sven would do the business, and that is how we could afford to pay him big wages.

I see, so its pretty much down to Sven now.

Yeah, at the minute one Prem team is hovering around but have made no official enquiry and Leicester are in the driving seat for him, just up to Bougherra if he's willing to drop down to Championship as he's saying he want to move to the Premier League and has been for a while.

MADJID BOUGHERRA DENIED TRYING TO ENGINEER RANGERS EXIT

Madjid Bougherra has denied invoking the controversial Webster Ruling to get out of Ibrox.

RANGERS star Madjid Bougherra has denied invoking the controversial Webster Ruling to get out of Ibrox.

The Algerian blasted reports that he has sent a letter to Rangers looking to buy out the remaining year of his contract, like Andy Webster did when he left Hearts in 2006.

Bougherra, who is wanted by Turkish sides Galatasaray and Kayserispor, has turned down the offer of a contract extension at Ibrox.

The 28-year-old said: “These stories are just not true. I know nothing about them and I have no idea where they have come from.

“I can assure everybody at Rangers and the fans that this is simply not the case.

“I have not sent a letter to the club telling them I plan to buy out the remaining year of my contract.

“I wouldn’t do that to Rangers because I owe the club so much.

I can assure everybody at Rangers and the fans that this is simply not the case

Madjid Bougherra

“I am still a Rangers player. I still have one year left on my contract and as it stands I will be back after the summer for pre-season.

“If I do leave then it will be because Rangers have accepted an offer for me.”

Ibrox boss Ally McCoist, who is currently on a spying trip in South America, already has a list of defensive targets including Arsenal’s Kyle Bartley and Groningen’s Andreas Granqvist.

Brazilian defender Emilson Cribari now looks an unlikely option.

The outcome of talks with captain Davie Weir when he returns from holiday next week will also influence McCoist’s transfer activity. The 41-year-old will be offered a new contract but will be told he won’t play every week.

Out-of-contract Werder Bremen and ex-Germany midfielder Torsten Frings was on McCoist’s wanted list, but he has now decided against making a move for the 34-year-old.

My link

My focus is still on the Premier League. I played there for six months with Charlton Athletic and I want to go back as six months isn't a long time,"

Bougherra said this 4 hours ago...seems like its over :(

Wants to get promoted with Leicester City and play in the Prem ( if he hasn't been approached by an existing Prem club ), maybe, please.

Archived