Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Madjid Bougherra

Fucking hell, Sven, pull this off and it wouldn't half be a coup. Scoring goals wasn't our problem last season, it was the lack of a decent, experienced, imposing centre back. Bougherra is a class above and would be a tremendous signing for a mill.

On a side, I love Rangers but the fans on that forum seem like complete weapons. A step down? Kyle Lafferty up top - be quiet.

I don't even know where to begin with all this but here goes

For starters, the mirror have taken the Heskey bit straight from a daily mail article. See the Heskey thread.

Second, there are no quotes. This is lazy recycled journalism which has as much credence to it as any thread on here.

And third, Rangers fans are right. Why would he come to us? He could be playing Champions League football for christ's sake, and if he's one of their top CB's then a million is pretty cheap.

The SPL might not be a big league but Celtic and Rangers are both better teams than we are.....

they would be a mid table championship side should they ever cross the border

Give me a fvcking break.

The SPL might not be a big league but Celtic and Rangers are both better teams than we are.....

Define 'better.'

In terms of fan base - yes. In terms of current playing personnel and being a draw to potential players - more than debatable. I'd never say they're better than us with such conviction, and Champions League football (and inevitable early exit) aside, they're no more attractive than City are to transfer targets.

'He could be playing Champions League football.' - For all of six games. So could a centre half for (as an example) Rosenborg. Does that make them a 'better' team, too?

Define 'better.'

In terms of fan base - yes. In terms of current playing personnel and being a draw to potential players - more than debatable. I'd never say they're better than us with such conviction, and Champions League football (and inevitable early exit) aside, they're no more attractive than City are to transfer targets.

'He could be playing Champions League football.' - For all of six games. So could a centre half for (as an example) Rosenborg. Does that make them a 'better' team, too?

Better as in better at football. We're one of the bigger championship sides but ultimately I just don't see us as on the same playing field as the top two of the SPL.

Rangers and Celtic struggle in the champions league but half the teams in the prem would get torn to pieces if they were. We're another step down from that.

Even if an early CL exit is 'inevitable', they've got a chance every year and if they do exit, they've still got a chance at the Europa League, and there's no shame in doing well in that.

Any championship team can only dream of Europe.

If I was a neutral, I'd be playing for one of those two hands down every single time.

Make sure the link to that thread on the jock forum is saved somewhere in case he does sign, definately gonna have to rub it in after, bunch of pissed up ginger bastards.

It's only us Taigs that are Ginger, not that Hun lot!!! :thumbup:

I never thought Kenny Miller or Kris Boyd would have left to join Derby and Forest respectively so they are susceptible to "crap" teams (us included) south of the border pinching their players.

I just wait for berts approval now, Celtic and Rangers only have the champions league to boast about, other than that a dozen Mickey mouse trophies between them isn't all that special.

I distinctly remember Bert suggesting that Madjid Bougherra would be a brilliant signing for us, a couple of weeks ago.

He did not say Bougherra was coming, just that he liked him. Make of that what you will.

I distinctly remember Bert suggesting that Madjid Bougherra would be a brilliant signing for us, a couple of weeks ago.

He did not say Bougherra was coming, just that he liked him. Make of that what you will.

OOh, Interesting he is rather good to be fair, I certainly wouldn't grumble if we manage to sign him!

So, according to The Sun and The Daily Record, Sven IS targetingMadjid Bougherra to lead us to the promised land for a reported fee of £1million.

What do we know about him?

Age 28

Defender

Algerian international.

Previously with Crewe, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton.

Transfer Fee £2.5 million 31st July 2008 to and currentlywith Rangers.

Has a year left on his contract.

Quite highly thought of by Rangers fans.

BUT reported as saying that he would be interested in a move to a Premiership Club so would he really come to us?

The Rangers fans really are morons. A few championship teams could win that league and finish 3rd/4th in a champions league group. There as big a club as accrington are. He'll probably get more wages here and will get his chance to play in the PL. No brainer. More importantly to me though, so hope the maynard deal happens and would also be dissapointed to sign marlon over the yak

The Rangers fans really are morons. A few championship teams could win that league and finish 3rd/4th in a champions league group. There as big a club as accrington are. He'll probably get more wages here and will get his chance to play in the PL. No brainer. More importantly to me though, so hope the maynard deal happens and would also be dissapointed to sign marlon over the yak

Yeah, cause they both average attendances of under 2,000 don't they? Don't talk bullshit.

:rolleyes:

The MOST successful domestic team in the WORLD are as big as Accrington, a team that averages 50,000 are as big as a team that averages 2,000 a team in the Champions League is as big as team in Johnston's Paint Trophy, a team that's just won there league for a 3rd time in a row are as good as team that's just lost in the League 1 Play-off Semi-final. What pills are on?

Do Rangers fans not understand that the SPL is a load of shite? I'd rather play in League One than the SPL :yawn:

Decent to be linked with Bougherra though, was he not linked with Barca a season or two ago? If so I can't really see why he'd come here, but I can't really see why he'd waste his time up in Scotland either. Hopefully we'll hear more news soon.

Do Rangers fans not understand that the SPL is a load of shite? I'd rather play in League One than the SPL :yawn:

Decent to be linked with Bougherra though, was he not linked with Barca a season or two ago? If so I can't really see why he'd come here, but I can't really see why he'd waste his time up in Scotland either. Hopefully we'll hear more news soon.

Really? You'd rather play in the third tier of English football than play in the top tier of Scottish football with the chance to earn a place in Europe and play at some of the top grounds on the continent, you also are talking bullshit. No league 1 player would reject a transfer to Celtic, The Huns, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd., Hibs or the Edinburgh Huns. Assuming there wasn't another offer from a premier league club or a team who is in the top 6 of the play-offs in the Championship.

Weasel just stuck up for Rangers?!

hell-froze-over.jpg

:P

I stuck up for the way the SPL is treated. The Huns can go **** themselves if they think they're getting any kind of support from me.

:rolleyes:

The MOST successful domestic team in the WORLD are as big as Accrington, a team that averages 50,000 are as big as a team that averages 2,000 a team in the Champions League is as big as team in Johnston's Paint Trophy, a team that's just won there league for a 3rd time in a row are as good as team that's just lost in the League 1 Play-off Semi-final. What pills are on?

Other then rangers and Celtic, who I think would be in a relegation battle if they were in the perm, the rest off the Scottish prem, are league 1 standard!!! My opinion

Really? You'd rather play in the third tier of English football than play in the top tier of Scottish football with the chance to earn a place in Europe and play at some of the top grounds on the continent, you also are talking bullshit. No league 1 player would reject a transfer to Celtic, The Huns, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd., Hibs or the Edinburgh Huns. Assuming there wasn't another offer from a premier league club or a team who is in the top 6 of the play-offs in the Championship.

Fair enough about Rangers/Celtic, maybe I was going a bit too far, but I'd rather play for Sheff Utd/Wednesday than any other SPL club for example.

Good job I'm not a footballer eh? :whistle:

Other then rangers and Celtic, who I think would be in a relegation battle if they were in the perm, the rest off the Scottish prem, are league 1 standard!!! My opinion

With the extra money both would get, the fanbase they have which is as big as Man City's Chelsea's and Spurs they would make the European places down here, easily.

Rangers and it hates me to say this Celtic would easily be top half and with the money that the EPL has they'd both be up there pushing for CL spots. Scottish football isn't as bad as people make it out to be, yes some teams are horrific, i.e Hamilton, Hibs (at the minute), St Johnstone but teams like Hearts and Motherwell (maybe) would be lower prem team.

Archived