Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Madjid Bougherra

If they were in the Premiership the Old Firm would be up there....

But sadly thats not going to happen... even though you now have a Welsh side in your top tier

Let's sum this up and get back on to topic.

You are shit.

You're league is shit.

You'd win shit all in the EPL.

You think you're bigger than you are.

You fans are twats.

Nobody cares about the Old Firm.

Nobody cares about Scottish Football.

Thinking you're bigger than Arsenal is ****ing deluded.

Whoop de doo you beat Blackburn in a friendly.

If you think you're a big club when you can barely get past the first round losing to Romanian teams etc. then you're worse than I thought.

You will never be in the EPL.

Boyd only flourishes when chances are laid on a plate, Boro don't have the quality.

As for Man City I did not say they are more attractive now (due to Man Citys millions) but as a brand name the only clubs bigger than the old firm are Man United, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool....

So Rangers are a bigger 'brand' than Arsenal now?! Fuck me.

130200977958.jpg

Let's sum this up and get back on to topic.

You are shit.

You're league is shit.

You'd win shit all in the EPL.

You think you're bigger than you are.

You fans are twats.

Nobody cares about Scottish Football.

Thinking you're bigger than Arsenal is ****ing deluded.

Whoop de doo you beat Blackburn in a friendly.

If you think you're a big club when you can barely get past the first round losing to Romanian teams etc. then you're worse than I thought.

You will never be in the EPL.

:appl:

I don't actually how we can moan at Rangers fans for sticking up for there own team in an argument we started. Fair enough if they came on here going "we're bigger than you hahaha" but they didn't. WATP didn't exactly do them any favours but I'm sure if we were getting grief off other fans we'd stick up for ourselves.

Can I just ask why the hell was there a Cardiff - Rangers argument on a Leicester Board!?

End of the day, we can (along with any other Championship promotion hopeful) offer something the OF never will - a place in the Prem. If Bougherra is good enough to be signed by a Premiership side then he'll be signed by a Premiership side, if not I'm sure he's at a stage in his career where he'd rather have a shot at the big league than a few away trips to the likes of Braga and Poznan before Rangers inevitably bomb out the CL.

If that hurts the pride of a few delusional jocks then so be it. We're not claiming to be a "bigger" club - but having just won the SPL, what more can the guy ever, EVER achieve at Rangers? They're hardly going to win the Champions League, I'm sure even the knuckle-draggers on that forum are aware of that. We've got potential to progress, they're just a moderately sized fish in a very small, very stagnant pond.

And that from someone that likes the SPL.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/sport/Leicester-City-linked-Madjid-Bougherra/article-3610383-detail/article.html

Glasgow Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra has indicated his desire to leave Scotland for a new challenge – and Leicester City look to be leading the race to sign him.

The 28-year-old Algerian defender has rejected a new deal at Ibrox and it is being reported north of the border today that he could join City for around £800,000.

Bougherra, who has played in the Championship with Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday, would certainly meet City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson's criteria of attracting players with more experience for next season's Premier League push.

Bougherra has one year left on his contract and has been offered a two-year extension.

But he has told the Daily Record that, after winning three league titles, he is "ready for a new challenge."

Trying to guide City into the Premier League might be the one which offers most appeal.

Bougherra, capped more than 40 times by his country, started his English career on loan at Crewe in January 2006 but moved to Sheffield Wednesday five months later and was a popular player at Hillsborough before a £2.5 million move to Charlton in January 2007.

He was linked with a move to West Brom in the summer of 2008, but instead joined Rangers for £2.5m and has been at the heart of their title successes as well as gaining Champions League experience.

Eriksson may be happy to make another Scottish raid because he has been delighted with the signing of Sol Bamba from Hibernian.

Bamba himself has been the subject of speculation linking him with Aston Villa.

Crystal Palace midfielder Neil Danns is also reported to be on Eriksson's summer shopping list.

The 28-year-old is set to leave Selhurst Park this summer and is also attracting the interest of Wolves and Southampton.

City may also be alerted by a newspaper suggestion that former favourite Emile Heskey could be available on the cheap.

The Mercury first reported City's interest in the 33-year-old striker two weeks ago with suggestions that he could leave Villa Park for around £1.5m. But the Daily Mail has claimed that he could move for around £500,000.

Only the merc but I don't think it was posted before.

I came on with a reasonable point.... and got lambasted for it...

I never once claimed that the Old Firm would run away with the EPL or were bigger than the top 4...

I did however play devils advocate and say "IF" the old firm were in the Premiership they would be competing... I mean look at Spurs...

They don't have world wide appeal however do very well for themselves. I believe that would be the level for the Old Firm "IF" they had the funding.

As for never winning anything other than the SPL, I will concede we don't however.... you have to be in it to win it.

The SPL is slated left right and centre however people consistently ignore facts, facts like in the past 10 years the old firm have reached 2 European finals

or the fact that Rangers were the only team not concede at Old Trafford this season.

I AM NOT DELUSIONAL OR IRRATIONAL i JUST THINK PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED WHEN IT COMES TO A LEAGUE THEY PROBABLY DON'T EVEN WATCH...

Back on topic.... Boogie would be a steal for £1m although its reported a Turkish team are willing to offer him a good deal

I came on with a reasonable point.... and got lambasted for it...

I never once claimed that the Old Firm would run away with the EPL or were bigger than the top 4...

I did however play devils advocate and say "IF" the old firm were in the Premiership they would be competing... I mean look at Spurs...

They don't have world wide appeal however do very well for themselves. I believe that would be the level for the Old Firm "IF" they had the funding.

As for never winning anything other than the SPL, I will concede we don't however.... you have to be in it to win it.

The SPL is slated left right and centre however people consistently ignore facts, facts like in the past 10 years the old firm have reached 2 European finals

or the fact that Rangers were the only team not concede at Old Trafford this season.

I AM NOT DELUSIONAL OR IRRATIONAL i JUST THINK PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED WHEN IT COMES TO A LEAGUE THEY PROBABLY DON'T EVEN WATCH...

Back on topic.... Boogie would be a steal for £1m although its reported a Turkish team are willing to offer him a good deal

_01.jpg

Adam was booed off the Park every time Rangers played mate. Even now I don't see the hype but thats another story.

charlie adam has fantastic vision,plays balls through and spots runs many players dont see or think about.when youve got less talented players around you,your bound to look stupid trying to open up defences with passes to nobody!!

The Rangers fan has completely embarrassed himself here. I support 'Gers as my second team (my late grandfather was a huge fan).

But some of you lot can't disregard the fact that the Old Firm is a massive fixture. Both Gers and Celtic are big clubs with great stadiums and a majority of good supporters.

The only down side is the violence and stupidity on both sides.

But to say Bougherra wouldn't join us is stupid and there's no facts to it. Maybe he will, maybe he wont. I personally see it as a great opportunity for him to get to the Premier League with a world class manager and a squad (come end of summer) capable of giving some of the top flight a scare. Even if we are a stepping stone for him, he'd tear the Championship up.

Whats not lucrative about that?

ps. i've had a few :beer: so i aint got a clue what im on about lol.

You'd hate to be in the EPL.

Some Yank'd buy out Celtic, market them to the paddy-loving world and propel them to the dizzy, money-fuelled heights.

Rangers'd just be another Leeds.

Rangers and it hates me to say this Celtic would easily be top half and with the money that the EPL has they'd both be up there pushing for CL spots. Scottish football isn't as bad as people make it out to be, yes some teams are horrific, i.e Hamilton, Hibs (at the minute), St Johnstone but teams like Hearts and Motherwell (maybe) would be lower prem team.

Hearts and Motherwell lower prem teams!? Explain? Because that is just the biggest load of shite.

Peoples bias in this thread is laughable.

Firstly, while the SPL may not be of the standards the cheque-book led procession of the EPL is, it's not as shit as some of you are making out, give the lower SPL sides the sort of funding even ****ing wigan have and the two leagues would be fairly similar in quality.

As much as it pains me to say this, the hun bastards are hardly crap. Bougherra moving here would be a roughly sideways move.

And brown fox:

Your fans are twats.

Away tae **** - while both sets of fans have some less than savoury sections, the old firm fans aren't that much worse than most other clubs.

40+ K average attendance for rangers and celtic would suggest otherwise.

That has happened once, when strachan was in charge at celtic - and strachan's just a shit manager.

Archived