Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Canada lol, not exacty going to provide the same level of support are they, have you ever met a candadian? Wet as anything, Not to mention the fact that he's not even Canadian he is Romanian!

He would be a fool to want a rematch though you're right about that, got battered and out classed!

canadian crowds are mad at the ice hockey and ufc events. i wouldn't write them off.

re. last night, awesome, had a right laugh.

Canada lol, not exacty going to provide the same level of support are they, have you ever met a candadian? Wet as anything, Not to mention the fact that he's not even Canadian he is Romanian!

He would be a fool to want a rematch though you're right about that, got battered and out classed!

Canadians, on their home soil, are very patriotic... I was suprised how much so. Same level? maybe not but he wouldnt be going into 'the lions den' so to speak Also, He has taken on Canada as his home and they'll support him all the same. He would be more confident, but still get soundly beaten! lol

Guest MattP

Canada lol, not exacty going to provide the same level of support are they, have you ever met a candadian?

All the Canadians I've met are very similar to the English.

Crows can get pretty tasty over there.

The crowd was perhaps a factor in this fight because Bute is a stay at home fighter who is not used to fighting outside of his comfort zone. It would not be enough of a factor in Canada to make a rematch worthwhile especially as Froch has traveled pretty well. Froch has fought five world champions in three different countries and was very competitive in all but one of those fights (the Ward bout would have been as one sided if it had have been held in Carl's garden).

It's a mute point anyway as nobody ever invokes a rematch clause against a guy who gives you a career ending beating like Froch did. Froch will have another tear up against Kessler, this time in the UK.

leicester lad scott king got another fight coming up in september.. (hes also promoting a party sunday at revolution where hes dj in if any one fancy partying lol)

Leicester heavyweight Scott King is preparing for a birthday bash.

King celebrates his 36th birthday on Friday, September 7. The following night he defends his EBF Midlands Area title at Liquid Envy nightclub.

Scott Lansdowne, head of Top Dog Promotions, has announced a double bill of championship boxing.

Lester Walsh, crowned Midlands Area welterweight champion after a thriller in February, boxes for the vacant EBF English title – and fight fans are advised not to blink when King and Leonard Buttling, from Loughborough, clash in a local derby.

King said: "It's my birthday party and there's no way Lenny's going to spoil it.

"I asked Scott to find me the toughest lad he could – and I wanted it to be someone local.

"I want to shut up a few critics by beating a lad they all know.

"I love going toe-to-toe and giving the crowd what they want.

"I know I've got something Lenny wants and that's going to make me even more hungry. I've worked hard to get the belt and nobody's taking it off me. "

Buttling knows all about King's big-hitting reputation – and says he will be going for broke when they square up.

The 37-year-old said: "Everyone Scott hits falls over, so I'm going to hit him before he hits me."

Tickets for the show are available from 07510 166322 and anyone interested in personal training can also contact King on that number.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Boxing-Scott-King-planning-knock-birthday-party/story-16217317-detail/story.html

Guest MattP

What time is it gonna start? 4.30? 5?

Reckon i'll set my alarm.

Ringwalk scheduled for 4am but I'd be amazed if it got off at that time as the Rigondeaux and Jones fights bout look like going the distance to me.

Spoiler just incase anyone doesn't know the results/is watch highlights later.

Can't see a Mayweather v Pacquiao fight now. They were arguing about purses before, well Pacquiao only worth about half of that now. (And for what it's worth I blame Pacquiao and think he didn't want that fight)

Pacquiao is a great boxer and person, one of my favourite boxers but the last 3 fights he's been questionable, Pacquiao didn't deserve to lose tonight, he won it for me, but he could and should have ended it in round 5 - 7, he seemed to just toy with Bradley and let Bradley back into the fight, Pacquiao didn't have the quality he had though and like I say you could say the same for his previous 3 fights.

Guest MattP

Bob Arum laughing all the way to the bank.

How? Everyone keeps saying this and I can't work it out.

His cash cow has just lost a 200million super fight and is forced into a 5-10million rematch, he probably has 2-3 fights left max.

Edited by MattP

How? Everyone keeps saying this and I can't work it out.

His cash cow has just lost a 200million super fight and is forced into a 5-10million rematch, he probably has 2-3 fights left max.

I was just pointing out the headlines tbh.

But a rematch makes Arum more money as they both belong to Top Rank I think? so maybe they think Bradley is the new cash cow I doubt it, but you never know.

The rematch could turn into a winner fights Mayweather which will then generate more money and look very attractive.

I think the super fight has got more chance of happening now than it ever has before and if Manny wins the rematch against Bradley which I think he will, a Mayweather super fight could generate more than $200m.

Just a theory but if it's right then Arum can't lose. :surrender:

Don't be to hard on me though Matt with your reply as you definitely know more about the fight game than myself. :thumbup:

Edited by Leicfox

Guest MattP

I was just pointing out the headlines tbh.

But a rematch makes Arum more money as they both belong to Top Rank I think? so maybe they think Bradley is the new cash cow I doubt it, but you never know.

The rematch could turn into a winner fights Mayweather which will then generate more money and look very attractive.

I think the super fight has got more chance of happening now than it ever has before and if Manny wins the rematch against Bradley which I think he will, a Mayweather super fight could generate more than $200m.

Just a theory but if it's right then Arum can't lose. :blink:

Yeah can see what you mean now, lets him keep it all in house and the demand for a rematch is massive.

Is that your site? Very good read Matt. I'll definitely bookmark that site.

Yes mate enjoy running it, gamble heavily on boxing so it makes sure I'm researching properly and gives a few other people a read as well. Thanks for the kind words.