Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

lol  E’z a muppet.

If he’d of got going earlier he’d of won, you get involved In a tight fight there always the race you’ll come out drawing! Make it clear cut you won’t have a problem, think he under estimated Vargas 

I think He won , just , but he should have got swinging earlier 

Vargas was underestimated ,

the rematch will be a decent pay day event for them both now 

1 minute ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

I think He won , just , but he should have got swinging earlier 

Vargas was underestimated ,

the rematch will be a decent pay day event for them both now 

Yeah I’d agree but you know how judges work in tough close fights I think Vargas knows he was probably lucky to get the draw but you start slow and give up the early rounds in a clear fashion you leave yourself work to do, if you win the first three rounds on nearly all the cards you only need to take three more to get that draw and judges being as inconsistent as they are sometimes in tighter rounds you can pick some up you perhaps didn’t deserve.

still the guys a grade A toss pot, as I’m finding out there’s a fair few around in the boxing “business”

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah I’d agree but you know how judges work in tough close fights I think Vargas knows he was probably lucky to get the draw but you start slow and give up the early rounds in a clear fashion you leave yourself work to do, if you win the first three rounds on nearly all the cards you only need to take three more to get that draw and judges being as inconsistent as they are sometimes in tighter rounds you can pick some up you perhaps didn’t deserve.

still the guys a grade A toss pot, as I’m finding out there’s a fair few around in the boxing “business”

Tons and Tons 

few are the lads that lace up to be honest 

it’s the circus clowns that follow them round thinking they are something and someone 

9 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Tons and Tons 

few are the lads that lace up to be honest 

it’s the circus clowns that follow them round thinking they are something and someone 

Yeah the ones I’ve met have been alright, Bruno especially considered on the nicest blokes you could meet round these parts.

• Like 1

Next fight someone half decent please so I can see Khan get walloped ...    really can't be doing with him.

And just in case you missed it folks ....     Northfields keeps saying "ya" ...    which means either  (a) He's a very posh lad from the estate ..   :nono:      or (b)  He really is our old mate Garlic reincarnated ...    :yesyes:

16 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Next fight someone half decent please so I can see Khan get walloped ...    really can't be doing with him.

And just in case you missed it folks ....     Northfields keeps saying "ya" ...    which means either  (a) He's a very posh lad from the estate ..   :nono:      or (b)  He really is our old mate Garlic reincarnated ...    :yesyes:

:doh:

we we worked that one out about a month ago country lol 

23 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Are you doing Sats test this year ? 

?

17 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

:doh:

we we worked that one out about a month ago country lol 

10 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Are you doing Sats test this year ? 

?

I just pretend to be stupid to keep you all amused ...    :)    

(Honest).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

According to Frank warren, the offer is legit.

Come on AJ, do it

I don’t see how he’d know the ins and outs but if they do put up and prove they’ve got 50 million To give him I will say a rare well done to Mr Wilder and his team, I expect the last thing Joshua thought would happen when he said he’d fight wilder for 50 million tomorrow was for them to come back and totally call his bluff at the 11th hour leaving the no room to negotiate it being here.  He’s not keen to travel if it can be avoided, everything from his gold medal onwards has been achieved in this country. But 50 million isn’t going to be turned down if the sums add up.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

How much did Joshua get for fighting Parker ? I’m no expert on the politics of boxing, but wouldn’t both Wilder & Joshua make more over here at a huge venue ? Wilder isn’t that big in the States, l don’t think he’s yet made PP view. 

48 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

How much did Joshua get for fighting Parker ? I’m no expert on the politics of boxing, but wouldn’t both Wilder & Joshua make more over here at a huge venue ? Wilder isn’t that big in the States, l don’t think he’s yet made PP view. 

He hasn’t but PPV in the states is not that easy to come by, not like here where a bit of beef between two less relevant fighters can warrant a £15 fee, they charge the earth (double what we pay) and I’d imagine any figures Haymen and finkel have put together will include a huge US PPV following at between $70-$100 a pop. Wilders far from a Tyson, Bowe, or a Holyfield commercially but stick him in a undisputed unification fight in the US against AJ who is now probably the face of world boxing after Canelo decided to have the beef instead of the chicken then you’ve got a fight that will sell over there. 

90,000 paying spectators sounds great but is only 4.5 mill renvue wise on face ticket values if they averaged 50 quid a ticket.   Obviously it’d be more than that with the seats closer to the ring. But money is and always will be how many tv viewers you can get to watch.

Plus they might both want money but both do want to win, and getting Joshua out of Great Britain does wilders chances of winning a world of good in my opinion, as I said, if they have done there sums and can get wilder a decent pay day of his own whilst handing Joshua 50 mill and get him over there they have played a bit of a blinder.

Im assuming it’s over there btw, as it’s an offer they’ve made I assume they have a venue in mind and are relying on mainly cross Atlantic revenue streams for the tv whilst expecting a contribution from over here similar to or just short of a Hatton mayweather level. A 4am start here will drastically reduce the viewing figures.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He hasn’t but PPV in the states is not that easy to come by, not like here where a bit of beef between two less relevant fighters can warrant a £15 fee, they charge the earth (double what we pay) and I’d imagine any figures Haymen and finkel have put together will include a huge US PPV following at between $70-$100 a pop. Wilders far from a Tyson, Bowe, or a Holyfield commercially but stick him in a undisputed unification fight in the US against AJ who is now probably the face of world boxing after Canelo decided to have the beef instead of the chicken then you’ve got a fight that will sell over there. 

90,000 paying spectators sounds great but is only 4.5 mill renvue wise on face ticket values if they averaged 50 quid a ticket.   Obviously it’d be more than that with the seats closer to the ring. But money is and always will be how many tv viewers you can get to watch.

Plus they might both want money but both do want to win, and getting Joshua out of Great Britain does wilders chances of winning a world of good in my opinion, as I said, if they have done there sums and can get wilder a decent pay day of his own whilst handing Joshua 50 mill and get him over there they have played a bit of a blinder.

Im assuming it’s over there btw, as it’s an offer they’ve made I assume they have a venue in mind and are relying on mainly cross Atlantic revenue streams for the tv whilst expecting a contribution from over here similar to or just short of a Hatton mayweather level. A 4am start here will drastically reduce the viewing figures.

Sounds like you know your stuff ! It makes sense, cheers. :thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Sounds like you know your stuff ! It makes sense, cheers. :thumbup:

All theoretical tbf pal! Could still be over here and figures could be different as apparently they are all meeting today, so, hopefully , by the end of the weekend they'll announce if it is happening or not and if it is when and where. It'll make money anywhere, they could have it in Outer Mongolia it'd still make both very rich men.

Wont be long till Hearn and Joshua have to start talking to Povetkin so it can't drag on much longer.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

2 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

I have a ring side seat for next weekend haye v bellew 2 

2nd row best seats in house 

£2k face value 

Got a spare one? lol 

In all seriousness if that's the face value you've probably broken even after the debarcle in the last fight I'd imagine

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

I have a ring side seat for next weekend haye v bellew 2 

2nd row best seats in house 

£2k face value 

Fantastic. I can’t call this one. Went overwhelmingly for Haye 1st time, but l fall for Hayes enormous self belief and massive ego every time ! Probably just favouring Bellew this time, lesson learnt ! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

£2200 inc vat 

lol I refuse to believe you've paid for this fight that although I don't doubt that's what it's worth face value. It's a good back story but the actual fight is still a out and out cruiser weight trying his luck at a big name heavy weight who has a history of creating PPV events out of nothing simply by being a good salesman. Like it was the first time.

Looking like the fights not gonna happen from what’s been said today/yesterday and at this late stage hard to see how negotiations can go forward. Breazeale tweeted yesterday he’s got his go at wilder in August pending talks on specifics and you’d imagine Hearn will get back into his office Monday and start sorting the Povetkin fight before deadline.