Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Hughie needs to put on a show tonight 

rounds 4-8 would be my call , a boring points fight and he will be shut out of the big nights 

its got a bit bitter between him his dad and cousin, reports of an issue at a wedding recently 

anyway he needs to knock sexton out to get back in the big time 

2 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Respect ! I’m going to do same soon 

Nessacity really I win more than a lose, especially on boxing I lost one £75 bet in the entirety of 2017 (I probably only put 12 on in total tbf though, mayweather was the highlight)  but need to be sensible and like I say keep the bank statements clear ?

Agree on Fury but nice technical boxer that he is he couldn’t knock out a wank. Bit like his cousin he’s all about scoring points. Needs to either take the piss or find a well timed punch from somewhere.

Sexton really is nothing and makes me laugh when folk talk about the depth of the heavy weight  division in this country and then mention him, very good domestic boxer who could look at European and commonwealth level on a regular basis  if he was a bit better but we’ve got those in every weight division. Just think he’s got a good enough chin to take what will be thrown but hopefully not, thought fury was woefullly judged vs Parker, is young, and already has it upstairs.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

Fury did ok there , he is 23 and he has certainly improved from the Parker fight 

parker gave AJ a fight , so at 23 maybe the kid has a future 

has a bet round 4-6 

sign of a good fighter is to learn and get better every fight and that seemed to show progression , but then again my nana would beat sam sexton 

interesting 

1 minute ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Fury did ok there , he is 23 and he has certainly improved from the Parker fight 

parker gave AJ a fight , so at 23 maybe the kid has a future 

has a bet round 4-6 

sign of a good fighter is to learn and get better every fight and that seemed to show progression , but then again my nana would beat sam sexton 

interesting 

Very unintelligent boxing from sexton. Basically walked onto the second knock down.

Excellent for hughie though, in terms of hitting hard I still believe he’s going to struggle against anyone with a bit of class knock out wise but he’s technically good enough to give anyone a headache over 12, and he’s still improving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Agree on Fury but nice technical boxer that he is he couldn’t knock out a wank. 

Made me spit my beer out lol

1 hour ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

That Was some war stateside 

they will do that again 

I actually had  it about level before the KO, I did give Linares the first though though which could of gone either way.

I know he’s obviously a unbelievable boxer but the Loma love in on ESPN was sickening, think it took till the knock down to give Linares an ounce of credit.

edit: yeah I’ve just hear the cards at the time of KO they aren’t far wrong although two for Linares is definitely excessive ...... was nowhere near as one sided as a lot made out

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Early reports the undisputed world champion of Twitter is going to replace George Groves in the final of the WBSS due to the shoulder not recovering ? 

Oh no.... that’s ridiculous. If he wins, he’ll be spouting how he’s the best anyway...blah di blad di blah

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Early reports the undisputed world champion of Twitter is going to replace George Groves in the final of the WBSS due to the shoulder not recovering ? 

It’s the right call 

the terms were laid down and if groves can’t fight needs to be the man he beat that replaces him 

I quite like smith v Eubank

smith v groves would have been a serious blow for smith 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Oh no.... that’s ridiculous. If he wins, he’ll be spouting how he’s the best anyway...blah di blad di blah

He thought he won the Groves fight for christ’s sake! Even his dad was like nah you didn’t lol

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He thought he won the Groves fight for christ’s sake! Even his dad was like nah you didn’t lol

Straight after the fight he did.

Further away we get from the fight the more both Eubanks have insistent it was a travesty to the point where they think they were totally robbed now.

Which just goes to show how delusional they are as it wasn't even close. 

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Straight after the fight he did.

Further away we get from the fight the more both Eubanks have insistent it was a travesty to the point where they think they were totally robbed now.

Which just goes to show how delusional they are as it wasn't even close. 

lol I didn’t realise that. One of the most one sided fights I’ve seen

59 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Bit of a shambles if Eubank comes in and picks up the trophy 

He's no mug on the international stage Callum Smith, but  Groves would of spanked him all over the ring. Eubank Smith will be tighter, but would lean towards the Twitter king winning and telling everyone he's the rightful champion as he beat groves anyway (lolz)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He's no mug on the international stage Callum Smith, but  Groves would of spanked him all over the ring. Eubank Smith will be tighter, but would lean towards the Twitter king winning and telling everyone he's the rightful champion as he beat groves anyway (lolz)

Same here, unfortunately 

I thought Pacquiao had called it a day to focus on his political career?

I hope he doesn't damage his legacy by carrying on too long. I'd rather remember him in his prime...

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I thought Pacquiao had called it a day to focus on his political career?

I hope he doesn't damage his legacy by carrying on too long. I'd rather remember him in his prime...

He did came back and fought Jesse Vargas for a title won and then lost it too Jeff Horn.

All at welter though be amazed if he can drop back down two weights and if he does he will get a thrashing off Lomachenko 

One of those fights that will sell though I guess

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1