Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Haye should have followed the advice from his doctors and stayed retired.  

He was an absolute shadow of the man that last knocked out Chisora.

A very sad way to end a career that offered so much but has ended tarnished.

Edited by BlueSi13

He's not a fraud or conman, you're all being a bit harsh, he was heavyweight world champion ffs.

However he's old and his body isn't up to it anymore and I'm sure he's just shamelessly hanging around for paydays.

Surely he'll retire.

• Like 1

Last night showed Haye for the absolute fraud he has been for many years. He has been able to dupe the public (and even the bookies) into thinking he was still a good fighter and had a chance against Bellew, not only once, but twice!

Should have stayed retired years ago, although of course he’s made another fortune out of these two fights. 

It’s all been a big con though.

Haye was finished After the first fight and bellew retired him last night 

owing to traffic issue didn’t  see much of the undercard but looks like I didn’t miss much 

Not sure what bellew does next , someone said he called out Andre Ward :jawdrop:

Last night just confirmed what we've all known for a while- Haye is finished and should retire.

The last few years shouldn't take anything away from what he did at cruiserweight and against Valuev though- he was a great fighter in his prime.

Could see through Haye's bravado pre-fight. It was obvious from the last fight and the set backs before the original date that he was damaged goods and well past his best. Credit to Tony Bellew though, still had to get the job done and did just that.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed last night's boxing, although he is old and very unorthodox I think Joe Joyce is the real deal and could make some waves in the division. Also won money on Ryder V Cox.

As for the main event it was a bit of a rip off as haye clearly wasn't fit enough to fight again. But personally I don't begrudge him a couple of last pay days as he has been one of the best British fighters of his era and has been in so many entertaining fights and accomplished so much. Don't forget down at cruiserweight he was an absolute stone cold killer and absolutely obliterated anyone in his path also considering he started out at cruiser to get the wins at heavyweight that he did is seriously impressive.

I have so much respect for him for last night as well had been down heavily was getting spanked all round the ring. And still at the end he was beckoning bellew in for a tear up, still wanted to go out on his shield what a deeply hard bastard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Really enjoyed last night's boxing, although he is old and very unorthodox I think Joe Joyce is the real deal and could make some waves in the division. Also won money on Ryder V Cox.

As for the main event it was a bit of a rip off as haye clearly wasn't fit enough to fight again. But personally I don't begrudge him a couple of last pay days as he has been one of the best British fighters of his era and has been in so many entertaining fights and accomplished so much. Don't forget down at cruiserweight he was an absolute stone cold killer and absolutely obliterated anyone in his path also considering he started out at cruiser to get the wins at heavyweight that he did is seriously impressive.

I have so much respect for him for last night as well had been down heavily was getting spanked all round the ring. And still at the end he was beckoning bellew in for a tear up, still wanted to go out on his shield what a deeply hard bastard.

Iv never had time for Ryder and thought he’d get taken to bits last night but maybe the change in weight is going to be oddly  good for him. Which given his physique is very strange. 

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

We’ve followed Joe Joyce a little bit and been impressed whenever we’ve seen him fight. 

3 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Typing on a Internet forum and Calling any man who laces up and gets in the ring a fraud is so ironic it hurts my side laughing at it. 

He won’t be the first man approaching 40 who believes he is the same man he was approaching 25 ! 

Haye Gave us many great moments down the years and he was a very good showman , his time has come but please give him some respect 

he has earned it 

Can’t agree with this. As you know, I love boxing and follow it a little bit. My son boxes at at a very amateur level too. The respect is there.

But when Bellew won over Haye SO easily, it was clear that Haye again was all talk, could not get fit anymore (as in fit ENOUGH) and was simply after a final pay day. Personally, I think he looked a bit of a tit and should have packed in ages ago.

It’s just been about dosh, like most things unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

We’ve followed Joe Joyce a little bit and been impressed whenever we’ve seen him fight. 

Yeah he's a big old unit, strong as an ox can bang also has that ametuer pedigree although you wouldn't know it looking at his marauding style. My mate last night described him as a poor mans George foreman and I thought it was a cracking comparison.

• Like 1

Can’t agree with this. As you know, I love boxing and follow it a little bit. My son boxes at at a very amateur level too. The respect is there.

But when Bellew won over Haye SO easily, it was clear that Haye again was all talk, could not get fit anymore (as in fit ENOUGH) and was simply after a final pay day. Personally, I think he looked a bit of a tit and should have packed in ages ago.

Your right about Haye but it's not his fault of course he's going to try and get himself one last pay day especially if the rumours about him being broke our true.

If you want to blame anyone blame sky and Eddie hear for putting it on despite knowing he wasn't fit enough and blame the public for swallowing their lies yet again.

• Like 1

Who does your lad box for out of interest?