Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 03:55, Col city fan said:

Last night showed Haye for the absolute fraud he has been for many years. He has been able to dupe the public (and even the bookies) into thinking he was still a good fighter and had a chance against Bellew, not only once, but twice!

Should have stayed retired years ago, although of course he’s made another fortune out of these two fights. 

It’s all been a big con though.

It's obvious he was there just for his last pay day when he walked into the ring wearing Wallaces 'wrong trousers' he looked fat and could hardly walk. and I was fcuking stupid enough to cough up to sky Box Office.

• Haha 2

I thought Bellew would win. David Haye was the one who got me into boxing, so I was gutted to see him end his career like that. Deep down he probably knew after the first fight that he couldn't keep up with a far more active fighter in Bellew. This time Bellew looked better and Haye worse. First two rounds he looked ok, but as soon as Bellew floored him it was game over. He's had some great nights but now he'll be known as the guy who got beat twice by Tony Bellew. Although I don't think he'll care, when his new bank statement arrives!

Can't fault Tony at all, but I just hate listening to his interviews. I've always been a huge Haye fan, but I'm very cynical about him pulling out of the Fury fights twice.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I thought Bellew would win. David Haye was the one who got me into boxing, so I was gutted to see him end his career like that. Deep down he probably knew after the first fight that he couldn't keep up with a far more active fighter in Bellew. This time Bellew looked better and Haye worse. First two rounds he looked ok, but as soon as Bellew floored him it was game over. He's had some great nights but now he'll be known as the guy who got beat twice by Tony Bellew. Although I don't think he'll care, when his new bank statement arrives!

Can't fault Tony at all, but I just hate listening to his interviews. I've always been a huge Haye fan, but I'm very cynical about him pulling out of the Fury fights twice.

His approach genuinely confused me from the third round onward, he really needed to rely on his experience and this alleged boxing brain of his that he's always talking about ,especially given he'd taken the first two rounds. He was fighting a man who was clearly looking to counter punch and catch him while he was swinging and it was one of the most wild displays I'd seen from him, career on the line and he seemed hell bent on a knockout he did not need. I said out load  "what on earth are you doing" in the third when he went charging in, you could see the first knockdown coming a mile off. I think I could of counter punched him charging in like that lol  so a decent back foot boxer like Bellew with the game plan to take advantage of a situation like that was never going to have a problem.

Why he just didn't try and pick off the rounds and build a lead I have no idea.  Maybe he can't physically do 12 rounds anymore.

Shocked he's not announced his retirement yet.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

His approach genuinely confused me from the third round onward, he really needed to rely on his experience and this alleged boxing brain of his that he's always talking about ,especially given he'd taken the first two rounds. He was fighting a man who was clearly looking to counter punch and catch him while he was swinging and it was one of the most wild displays I'd seen from him, career on the line and he seemed hell bent on a knockout he did not need. I said out load  "what on earth are you doing" in the third when he went charging in, you could see the first knockdown coming a mile off. I think I could of counter punched him charging in like that lol  so a decent back foot boxer like Bellew with the game plan to take advantage of a situation like that was never going to have a problem.

Why he just didn't try and pick off the rounds and build a lead I have no idea.  Maybe he can't physically do 12 rounds anymore.

Shocked he's not announced his retirement yet.

It was bizarre. Malinaggi suggested that he was dragging his back foot and looked to carry an injury, but even if that was the case I think Haye would rather say that he was fully fit in defeat than injured yet again. Completely reckless performance though, I hope he packs it in for his sake. Wouldn't like to see him beaten by a British level dud.

• Like 1

Linares vs  Lomachenko this weekend the gentleman, fight of the year for me. Might even do myself a mischief and actually stay up for this one instead of watching in the morning.

And for the benefit of our anonymous lurker, you know who you are. Maybe next time you ask yourself why people need to make things up you should perhaps first ask yourself why you feel the need to preach to your lower end mediocre Facebook following some crazy make believe stories regarding 

the pitfalls of demanding $500 for an article when the person in question hasn’t asked for neither a penny or a cent from you. I’m guessing the actual truth of you trampling all over someone else’s idea and stealing it from them didnt sound quite as good so you decided to at best exaggerate, and at worst out right lie about every communication we had and general fact in your entire rendition. To the point where you couldn’t even quote a professional boxers cv correctly. Move on, you sad individual.

Nothing wrong with super market workers either, I’ve met many who are made of better moral fibre than you.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

18 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Linares vs  Lomachenko this weekend the gentleman, fight of the year for me. Might even do myself a mischief and actually stay up for this one instead of watching in the morning.

And for the benefit of our anonymous lurker, you know who you are. Maybe next time you ask yourself why people need to make things up you should perhaps first ask yourself why you feel the need to preach to your lower end mediocre Facebook following some crazy make believe stories regarding 

the pitfalls of demanding $500 for an article when the person in question hasn’t asked for neither a penny or a cent from you. I’m guessing the actual truth of you trampling all over someone else’s idea and stealing it from them didnt sound quite as good so you decided to at best exaggerate, and at worst out right lie about every communication we had and general fact in your entire rendition. To the point where you couldn’t even quote a professional boxers cv correctly. Move on, you sad individual.

Nothing wrong with super market workers either, I’ve met many who are made of better moral fibre than you.

This just got juicy 

lurker ?

7 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

This just got juicy 

lurker ?

Nothing more to say on the subject here to chat about the sport, just letting someone know they look a bit silly typing out a five paragraph lie then preaching about the need to tell the truth. No juice, hopefully he's pissed off and won't even read it.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Nothing more to say on the subject here to chat about the sport, just letting someone know they look a bit silly typing out a five paragraph lie then preaching about the need to tell the truth. No juice, hopefully he's pissed off and won't even read it.

??? sounds like a story but as you say best ignore the twat 

9 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

??? sounds like a story but as you say best ignore the twat 

Fvck that, I say spill all ??

Back to boxing fair to say im looking forward to this as cant help but enjoy Linares fight.. but absolutely sit speechless in awe at how close to damn perfect Loma is.

21 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Fvck that, I say spill all ??

Back to boxing fair to say im looking forward to this as cant help but enjoy Linares fight.. but absolutely sit speechless in awe at how close to damn perfect Loma is.

Nothing to spill. As I say hopefully he never reads it, one would imagine someone so self important would have better things to do than keep up a social media stalking campaign.

Its gonna be a great fight I think, Loma is the obvious favourite but hopefully we see Linares at his best and it’s a a two and fro 12 rounder. I think what both men lack is blinding power so it should go the distance, Loma normally just humiliates his opponents into giving up but can’t see Linares following suit.

Guest seanfox778
On 09/05/2018 at 00:59, Manwell Pablo said:

I know it says the programming starts at midnight, do you have an estimate as to what time the walkout might be? 

Matchroom’s Deal with Perform/DANz is mental !!!! 

Its a game changer if real , say what you want about Eddie he is a serious business man ! 

$1billion deal is a massive play 

personally I don’t see it lasting 3 years or cornering the market in the US unless he can get al Haymon tied in 

Edited by NorthfieldsFox

16 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Matchroom’s Deal with Perform/DANz is mental !!!! 

Its a game changer if real , say what you want about Eddie he is a serious business man ! 

$1billion deal is a massive play 

personally I don’t see it lasting 3 years or cornering the market in the US unless he can get al Haymon tied in 

Which will not happen.

Still he is showing some serious bollocks doing that. One would imagine he'd be happy dominating the scene over here and it's a big risk, could pay off though there's more bread and butter fans over there than here. Still it's a hard hard market to dominate.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Which will not happen.

Still he is showing some serious bollocks doing that. One would imagine he'd be happy dominating the scene over here and it's a big risk, could pay off though there's more bread and butter fans over there than here. Still it's a hard hard market to dominate.

I travel to the US often and boxing is way more social then it is here as ppv is so more expensive.  Every bar with TV screens hosts boxing and unlike here where it's a rabble, there it's all table service and for more serviced.

It's about getting those fights on ppv

29 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I travel to the US often and boxing is way more social then it is here as ppv is so more expensive.  Every bar with TV screens hosts boxing and unlike here where it's a rabble, there it's all table service and for more serviced.

It's about getting those fights on ppv

Well, funnily enough, from what I've read what Eddie's going for is more of a Frank Warren style Box Nation subscription service and move away from PPV. Which should he get some talent to go with it  will appeal to people over there I think. I doubt it'll be more than enough to earn him more than a small slice of the pie but it's a pretty well thought out brave move. 

I know ESPN are trying something similar over there as well

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I know $1 billion is a lot of money but spread out over 8 years it really isn't a massive amount is it?

What's stopping any other platform offering 10x more for a sought after fight than these? Or are they going to have 3 quality fights a year alongside 13 poverty ones to balance the books?

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Well, funnily enough, from what I've read what Eddie's going for is more of a Frank Warren style Box Nation subscription service. Which should he get some talent to go with it  will appeal to people over there I think. I doubt it'll be more than enough to earn him more than a small slice of the pie but it's a pretty well thought out brave move. 

Didn't know that, that is risky, even at $10 a month for bars etc, I think they will struggle.

7 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Didn't know that, that is risky, even at $10 a month for bars etc, I think they will struggle.

It is literally all dependent on who they can sign up, the exclusivity for UK Match room fights will help but if they are going to get a foot hold in the market it's going to take more than Jarrel Miller and Danny Jacobs alone. Obviously Katie Taylor is already established out there but women's boxing really is nowhere near the draw and they could export some of the top British talent to make big show's. He's got Joshua and he could make use of Khan's reasonable profile out there as well. But they are going to need more high profile fighters to make it really work.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It is literally all dependent on who they can sign up, the exclusivity for UK Match room fights will help but if they are going to get a foot hold in the market it's going to take more than Jarrel Miller and Danny Jacobs alone. Obviously Katie Taylor is already established out there but women's boxing really is nowhere near the draw and they could export some of the top British talent to make big show's. He's got Joshua and he could make use of Khan's reasonable profile out there as well. But they are going to need more high profile fighters to make it really work.

The big names will be ppv?  If that is the case it's doomed.  Even with the big names it's going to be tough, eddie is going to have to sign up some US fighters and make them mega or bring his UK fighters to fight in the US to meet mass US viewings.

Lomachenko by stoppage 

£2500 to get £4350 back is buying money 

one of the all time greats 

I was lucky enough to see him fight a Japanese or Chinese Fighter in the final at london 2012 , interestingly he was dominant in that final but no where near the class he is now 

1 hour ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Lomachenko by stoppage 

£2500 to get £4350 back is buying money 

one of the all time greats 

I was lucky enough to see him fight a Japanese or Chinese Fighter in the final at london 2012 , interestingly he was dominant in that final but no where near the class he is now 

Risky business by stoppage but then I said that about mayweather and you won ?

Out of the high stakes game myself at the moment as buying a house but loma is normally one I’d consider going big on.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Risky business by stoppage but then I said that about mayweather and you won ?

Out of the high stakes game myself at the moment as buying a house but loma is normally one I’d consider going big on.

Houses aren’t cheap That’s for sure 

2 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Houses aren’t cheap That’s for sure 

Yeah their six figures mate lol 

Also not great having 3k transactions going  to companies registered in Gibraltar on your bank statement when you’re trying to get a mortgage. ?

Edited by Manwell Pablo

17 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah their six figures mate lol 

Also not great having 3k transactions going  to companies registered in Gibraltar on your bank statement when you’re trying to get a mortgage. ?

I know a lad turned down for a mortgage because of paddy power on statement and he wasn’t even betting large