Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Steve Howard

I'd only let him go if we replace him with similar. I think SH still has an important role most likely off the bench for us. Some games will need his size n strength, especially if the team we're up against parks their bus across the goal line.

Isn't David Nugent a like for like replacement albeit younger has pace and scores more goals

No!!!

Howard can still come on and do a job, regardless of what some numpties on here think!!

We didnt look like scoring in the Madrid game till he came on!! I think there will be games like that in the season and big Steve will be a great asset to have coming off the bench!!

I'd only let him go if we replace him with similar. I think SH still has an important role most likely off the bench for us. Some games will need his size n strength, especially if the team we're up against parks their bus across the goal line.

I agree. His abilities are limited but he offers some things no other player can. Mainly being a big, horrible bastard up front.

Got to be said, I love Stevie Howard. His passion and effort are always good, can't fault him for that. Obviously getting older now, but still the best we've got for what he offers (scaring defenders, winning headers, using his strength etc).

If we were to get another big striker in, then I think £300,000 would be a good fee, but I personally don't want him to leave.

I'm launching the KEEP STEVE HOWARD CAMPAIGN, right here, right now. SH must stay! No one else like him at the club. Key role to play this season if we can't break down defences with silky, smooth football.

He is the only forward we can bring on who can change our whole style of play into a more defensive unit, there is no one we have who gives us that option

If he goes we'll need a big man to replace him, one thats good enough to hold the ball up as required but is happy on the bench, we shouldn't let him go

The amount of people I the robbie keane thread who day they wouldn't have him as he's too old then in here everyone wanting sh to stay...

Can picture it now.we get promoted n next year save the oakley threads appear..

Its almost not worth getting rid of him unles he wants to go. Not going to get much for him and he must be a good influence and character in the dressing rooms.

thats what the manager and coaches are for. we dont need to be keepin old players just for the sake of it..

Archived