Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Beckford Signs.

• 1 year later...

Delighted and potentially a bargain at the money.

�2.5m cheaper than Maynard? I'll take that deal.

Apparently it's worth UP TO �3M.

That's an absolute bargain if true. I don't know if Jim got his figures wrong but that's what he definately said.

too right wanted to see maynard here but you could tell something was always holding him back 5.5million would of been alot for someone who didnt want to play for us £3 for beckford I think is a great deal

Great signing for the price :scarf:

Oh dear...

I admit it, at the time it seemed like a great signing and compared to what the rest of the squad had cost us and what the average wages were, I thought it to be a bargain price and thought rather highly of Beckford.

I wanted to believe that he was the final piece in the puzzle, a relatively young and hungry English striker with a lot of potential and Premiership experience.

I got carried away that season, the spending spree got to my (and a lot of other people's) head.

Overall, I'm just glad the saga is officially over now.

I've either been very biased but I see none expressing my delight lol

I must admit I was very happy when we signed him but he, like that season in general, was a massive lesson and has influenced my views on potential signings.

I didn't comment on here when we signed him, however I did think he would be exceptional. I still think he would have come good under the right guidence, but hopefully this will provide Nigel with the freedom to finish the job this year. A good deal for all concerned imo

How do we keep on doing this, keep on signing player's who have a poor attitude and pay for big wages, did we not learn our lesson when we signed Dj Campbell! I hope that we can now kick on and have player's with a good attitude and want to do well for the club, I can only praise wood for his professionalism and attitude from what I have seen of him both playing wise and how he represent the club in the media also. I know it's never going to be the perfect situation with every player a club sign's just seem's we have had more than our fair share.

Watching them videos Leeds played a lot of long ball like we did but Beckford just looked a complete different player challenging for headers etc i dont think its the fact he didnt fit in i generally feel his effort just was not there he is more than likely a lovely lad and has not got an attitude problem just seems as though hes played in the premiership hes made it so he is happy to collect the wage packet each month.

Ugh, don't remind me.

I was delighted when we signed him, I really wanted Maynard but then I couldn't really believe it when I heard we were in for Beckford from Everton. I couldn't understand why they didn't want to keep him at the time :D To be fair he had had a reasonably good season. On the face of it it was a very good signing.

In our defence he is talented, there was the odd game at this level where he did in fact look the best striker in the league. Very rarely though and he looked like a donkey a lot more times.

Such a shame.

What makes me laugh is that most of those people who threw so much abuse at Beckford, were the ones who were crying out for him to come here. Search your memories people Remember that long thread, leading up to his signing?. Of course you do. lol

There is nothing wrong expecting a player to have done better, Beckford was a let down for sure but no need to mock those who backed him when or just before he signed.

Guest ttfn

What makes me laugh is that most of those people who threw so much abuse at Beckford, were the ones who were crying out for him to come here. Search your memories people  Remember that long thread, leading up to his signing?. Of course you do.  lol

You were crying out for him to come here and he flopped.

At least those people recognised what was in front of their eyes.

Archived