Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Beckford Signs.

Some Everton fans ringing up Talksport today saying that he isn't a loss at all for them and that he was never a Premier League player. Bit harsh i thought considering his scoring record and his leap from League 1.

thats just because hes gone..

look at fourth official on twitter. everton fan and was adamant beckford wouldnt be leaving other week as too good, playing etc..

same as some of the leeds fans now, trying to say hes shit yet before he moved to us they was still in ore of him sayin he was a legend.

You dont need other fans opinions of Beckford. We have seen enough.

Maybe slightly short for the premiership? Yes.

This division? With good service and new surroundings he could score 20-25 goals easily. That's whay we have payed for and that's what we should expect.

Considering Maynard was being touted around at 7million and Jelavic at 5million then Beckford should be a very good buy at > £3million.

Some Everton fans ringing up Talksport today saying that he isn't a loss at all for them and that he was never a Premier League player. Bit harsh i thought considering his scoring record and his leap from League 1.

Before we bought him, the Everton fourms were full of people saying "Keep him".

Just a bunch nob head scousers if you ask me. Jealous one's, knowing that Beckford chose a championship side, rather than them :P

I'm still gutted. Despite the problems he has with Moyes or whatever, you simply don't sell your top goalscorer and most creative player on the same day without replacing them!!

It's f****** madness

So getting rid of our top goalscorer, who was probably only on about 20k a week, for just an extra 3m... Madness

I'll always be grateful for the Chelsea goals home and away as well as of course, the anfield goal. Thought he was a good option for us, but what do I know.

i'm far more disapointed beckford has gone than arteta....terrible sale

Miles better than anichbe and leading scorer in his first season. Sick of this

Just cant understand selling Beckford, especially at this price, he cant have been on massive wages and he was top scorer last season, Moyes is a stubborn twat sometimes.

I woke up this morning and thought I had dreamt that we had just sold the clubs top goalscorer to Leicester despite having listened to how much we need a striker all summer.

This deal concerns me more than the Arteta deal

He started the first game as our first choice striker ffs,the more i think about this the worse it gets.

Moyes treated Beckford like shit, In Moyes we trust? nah

Selling our top scorer for 3 million possibly rising to 4,i dont know if i should laugh or cry.

this has pissed me off more than arteta, the lad has scored 10 goals in his first season in the top flight and we sell him for ****in £3m when theres championship strikers who've never done it in the prem going for double that

Im losing patience with Moyes, I think he's losing the plot. Cant understand selling Beckford......for peanuts.

Gutted. I honestly thought he would score 12+ next season for us. He's gonna be scoring for fun in the Championship

Speechless

Struggling to understand this one, especially since we also flogged Yakubu. You dont just accept a bid from a championship club for your paciest, most-prolific striker and then tell him you want him to leave.

Distraught

Honestly I'm speechless, no I think disgusted is a better word

Sickening, absolutely sickening

He wasnt great but to lose him and replace with a complete unknown is a stupid gamble for the sake of 4 million.disgusted with everton tonight.Im stunned at them

Does this mean Cahill now has his place back up front cemented? I'm off to throw myself of a large cliff.

**** you, everton. **** you

There goes any pace we had then. f****** pathetic only getting £4m for him, and then not using that money to replace him. Awful decision by Mr Moyes.

**** off Moyes

I'm off to cry myself to sleep

----

Not a happy bunch, 20 pages on it since this morning too, so don't jump on the all Evertonians are bitter and dont rate him bandwagon

I can see our fans hating him... even if he scores 25 goals this year.

From what the scouse BBC bod on BBC Radio Leicester said he does score goals... but he sometimes doesn't 'put the effort in' or run around a lot.

And one thing our fans have always like is a striker who runs around a lot, whether he scores or not!

I don't care if he's lazy, it will be like the yak situation all over again if that's the case, some people mighthave different opinions to me but some must agree with me when I say...if he scores 20-25 goals and we get promoted everyone will love him regardless of whether he is lazy or not

I don't care if he's lazy, it will be like the yak situation all over again if that's the case, some people mighthave different opinions to me but some must agree with me when I say...if he scores 20-25 goals and we get promoted everyone will love him regardless of whether he is lazy or not

Yes IF we go up, if he's lazy and it hinders the team and costs us points and we don't go up, it will be a different matter.

Archived