Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Beckford Signs.

No. Beckford has never played nor scored in the Championship.

And...?

He has actually played a couple of times for Leeds in the Championship before, was when he was younger though so didn't have a chance to make a real impact until they were in League One.

Hope he does well, as with anyone who puts the blue shirt on. But I fear he'll turn out to be another lazy player in the Yakubu mould and become a liability when the team are up against it.

He may have a reputation as a goalscorer yet, as with Yakubu, he couldn't he hold a first team place down at Everton. David Moyes is no mug.

Hope he does well, as with anyone who puts the blue shirt on. But I fear he'll turn out to be another lazy player in the Yakubu mould and become a liability when the team are up against it.

He may have a reputation as a goalscorer yet, as with Yakubu, he couldn't he hold a first team place down at Everton. David Moyes is no mug.

We're not on the same level as Everton mate.

He'll more more than adequate at this level and with 4 central midfielders in the team to break up play around him and to get the ball through to him, he should do well. He's got great movement, in behind defences.

If any of you saw Evertons first game of the season, where Beckford sprinted from his own box to the opposition keeper from a corner just to put pressure on, you'll realise he is not Yakubu.

As already said, I hope he does the business for City.

But just beware in hoping that he's the Messiah just because he has scored goals aplenty in the same division that Matt Fryatt did, and in a superior side to most of the the teams in that league.

His goal record at Everton wasn't bad but Moyes still wouldn't put him in the starting line-up regularly. There has to be a reason for that!

As already said, I hope he does the business for City.

But just beware in hoping that he's the Messiah just because he has scored goals aplenty in the same division that Matt Fryatt did, and in a superior side to most of the the teams in that league.

His goal record at Everton wasn't bad but Moyes still wouldn't put him in the starting line-up regularly. There has to be a reason for that!

Beckford and Moyes didn't seee eye-to-eye so Moyes didn't pick him.

And nor is Beckford, or Moyes wouldn't have offloaded him.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Everton are in financial crisis and offloaded Arteta ffs, one of their most important players. Stop being such a doom merchant and just be pleased we have somebody of Beckford's ability here.

why don't we just wait and find out for ourselves -Give the poor lad a chance. I'm personally not a big fan of quick goalscoring strikers challenging in midfield and helping out in defence. It is important that someone who's job on the pitch is the score goals using his pace, is in the right place most of the time and not in recovery from a recent shift at the back. I.e saving themselves for when they are needed be it after a nice spell of passing football or just a hoof out of defence. These types of players defend by staying in position. Keeping a pacy forward up front keeps 2 of their defenders back and shifts the whole opposition team deeper - They'll drop deeper fearing his pace but making it harder for them to get players forward ........ not if he's halfway in our half helping out.

It's not about being lazy when you are the type of forward Beckford is. It's about being in the right position to apply immediate pressure when required and about conserving your energy for when that energy sapping burst of speed is required.

Constant running is not as energy sapping as a series of shorter bursts. and the best time to use your pace is in the last 20 mins when defenders are tiring. No use if all your pace has gone due to burn out in the first 70 mins as often happens to Dyer for example.

Prob why Everton used him more as an impact sub

Oh beckford oh woah, oh beckford oh woah

He came from Everton

To play for Eriksson.

And the "just can't get enough" what Celtic, Norwich sing. But insert beckford instead, obviously.

Oh beckford oh woah, oh beckford oh woah

He came from Everton

To play for Eriksson.

And the "just can't get enough" what Celtic, Norwich sing. But insert beckford instead, obviously.

Bit more creative then what I expected.. :thumbup:

Archived