Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smiggy6773

Greatest Goal

Oh and I've just remembered a goal at the family end at Filbert Street. Can't remember the game.

Ball comes into the box, Heskey does a sort of aerial backheel into the path of Claridge who volleyed it into the top corner.

Who remembers the game? It was a great goal.

Going back a bit here lol but one of the best goals I saw at Filbert Street was Andy Peake's screamer against Liverpool, which won goal of the season that year. I was naught but a kid and remember my dad going utterly mental when it flew in

Can anyone find this footage?

Oh and I've just remembered a goal at the family end at Filbert Street. Can't remember the game.

Ball comes into the box, Heskey does a sort of aerial backheel into the path of Claridge who volleyed it into the top corner.

Who remembers the game? It was a great goal.

There ya go

Howard V Leeds is so memorable to me. We knew we were gonne get out of League 1 when that went in. That was more emotionally great.

I am pretty sure I was a wee little kid in the double decker for that Claridge goal. Great stuff.

Gotta agree, though Nalis' was just unbelievable tekkers!

I'm sure we've had this thread not so long ago.

It all depends how far you can go back of course. There were many superb goals scored at Filbo as the various posts to date testify.

BUT for me, the most spectacular was on 16th April 1963, playing Man Utd, when Denis Law scored from the edge of the box with an incredible overhead bicycle kick which flew like a bullet past Gordon Banks into the net. The match in itself was one that will always be remembered for two hat-tricks, one by Denis Law and the other by Ken Keyworth scored within a period of only six minutes. Terry Heath scored one which enabled Leicester to run out winners 4-3.

Best Leicester goal at Filbert Street for me..Andy Peake against Liverpool not sure of the year we wo 2-0 & i think it won goal of the season on MoD.

As for the Walkers(kp) fir me its got to be Joey from the half-way line Gudjonsson. How rare it is to see 1 scored on the telly.Even more rare to actually see 1 go in when you are at the game. :scarf::trumpet:

Deffo Andy Peakes goal against Liverpool and yes it did win goal of the season on MOTD.

Ray Clemence was the goalkeeper at the time, Liverpool and England stalwart. Oops Shilton was the main man.

I stood near the halfway line with my father and brother and saw him strike it.

All of us knew we had seen something special.

Think it was about 1975.

Someones bound to correct the date. :giggle:

Archived