Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

Racism @ florist again

Just emailed Nottingham Police a link to the video along with a complaint. Also copied Keith Vaz into the email.

Whilst it's not the first time i've heard racist chanting at a game, that video clip is the first time that i've seen the moronic smiles on the faces of the people doing it and it has upset me. The thing thats got to me the most is I think that this country is going backwards in regards to the attitudes of racism.

When I was growing up in the 80's and early 90's it was pretty bad but then in the mid 90's up until now it seemed that it was a dying breed of person that still had racist views. I hope i'm wrong and this is just some sort of weird phase.

I hate to be a pedant but that's B Block.

Bugger. :blush:

The sentiment's the same though. A combined IQ that would stutter into three figures from the sounds of things, pathetic.

Must be embarrassing for you to watch your fellow fans singing that kind of nonsense.

It is more offensive to be singing 'he's fat, he's round, he's 6ft underground' hypocrits.

I refuse to sing that. It's just disrespectful to everyone associated with him and as one of the best English managers that ever lived it's just out of order. Leicester fans who sing that should be ashamed.

It is more offensive to be singing 'he's fat, he's round, he's 6ft underground' hypocrits.

That is a disgraceful chant and it really annoys me. It's not a widespread chant and barely any one sings it. Every time we play Forest there are a couple of racist chants which seem to get stronger every time, not acceptable!

Songs about theiving scousers - Racist stereotype

Songs about in your northern slums - Racist stereotype

Songs about wesh sheep shaggers - Racist stereotype

Singing you used to be English - Actually true, and those people from leicester in denial about that are the racist ones. Why would you be ashamed that were not soley English anymore and cry and complain about this chant?

And I know you lot love leftie papers so here is the Guardian confirming were not English anymore

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2007/sep/11/communities.politics

Im proud were not english anymore - thats what makes leicester great!

Singing you used to be English - Actually true, and those people from leicester in denial about that are the racist ones. Why would you be ashamed that were not soley English anymore and cry and complain about this chant?

And I know you lot love leftie papers so here is the Guardian confirming were not English anymore

http://www.guardian....nities.politics

Racist stereotype?

Since when were the Welsh, people who live in the north, and people who live in Liverpool classed as a "race" ?

It's not just what they're singing though, is it? Does that mean singing "You're just a town full of Asians!" isn't racist? Use you're head, if you're chanting about race to opposition fans it's not going to be in a friendly way is it? Or do you just think they were trying to educate us?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2007/sep/11/communities.politics

I'm sorry but you are way off the mark here. I understand your point regarding chants towards scousers and the like, but they are not a race, merely a group of people witha label like Chavs are or Emos. Maybe your point regarding the Welsh could be correct but,a and although this ddoesn't make it right, they do give as good as they get. But then in when chantimg towards the welsh its more Country rivalry and if thats classed as racist, then chanting will have to be banned from international games.

It's also not a case of whether they are factually correct or not. 'A town full of asians' although not as strong language is as racist as 'town full of pakis' is it not? Or is it Ok for them to sing town full asians because some good regard it as correct.(which it isn't)

And, you yourself whether its intentional or not, are racist in your post. You are proud of the fact we're not English anymore, so you've immediately said because of skin colour, Asians or Black people aren't English when in fact a large amount were born in this country, so are therefore ENGLISH. Ethinicity and nationality are very mich different.

Anybody who attends a football match should be allowed to enjoy it without feeling intimidated, upset or discriminated against because of their nationality, sexuality or ethinicity and for that reason people shouldn't ignore it, these racists are likely to be the same people who were out looting. A section of our society is a problem, an area which needs to be dealt with before it spreads back to the masses.

'Prejudice is the child of ignorance and naivety'

Im one who believes that racism is too often a card that is played, that for some reason people pounce on the smallest of comments claiming they're racist, when in fact they are not. If you think about it, alot of what many people say can be determined as racist when in reality its not. This arcticle sort of shows that:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/race-special-racism-in-britain-2007-437287.html

The chants that Forest and Derby churn out are however racist and they must be stopped or diluted. Nottingham is very much lile Leicester and I'm sure away from the football these people have friend who are of different ethinicity. For some reason at the football people forget their principles purely to act like a knob.

Err, Scouse, Northern and Welsh aren't different races. Regardless of what ethnic group is the majority, we are still an English city, by dint of errr, being in England.

Oh and Libertine Dream - very good post.

I'm not having this. Racism is wrong, yes, that goes without saying.

But if you hate racism that much, you would've clocked the seat numbers of your own fans, who were racist to your own players, and silently complained about them to the police. Racists are racists, doesn't matter what team they support.

I sadly think, it's your hate of Forest driving this racism thing, rather than your actual hate for racists, otherwise you would've told on your own fans.

Archived