Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

Racism @ florist again

Can't say that I heard the racist chants towards Beckford, although it's possible they were sung. But I could hear Forest's "small town in baghdad" chants and the like being sung from the other side of the ground. So clearly it was a fair sized number of Nottingham Forest supporters singing these as opposed to a small amount of our fans aiming these chants.

I probably sound like a biased clown but I can only go on what I heard at the game today.

Guest Mee-9

Just emailed Nottingham Police a link to the video along with a complaint. Also copied Keith Vaz into the email.

Whilst it's not the first time i've heard racist chanting at a game, that video clip is the first time that i've seen the moronic smiles on the faces of the people doing it and it has upset me. The thing thats got to me the most is I think that this country is going backwards in regards to the attitudes of racism.

When I was growing up in the 80's and early 90's it was pretty bad but then in the mid 90's up until now it seemed that it was a dying breed of person that still had racist views. I hope i'm wrong and this is just some sort of weird phase.

You linked the police to that video? So now racist chanting is now deemed to be, 'You're not english anymore?'

Christ, what you witnessed at the Oldham vs Liverpool match was racist. Use of the N word, Calling someone a P*ki. Not suggesting that.

Bristol City have done it, loads of other teams have done it. We sing shit to Brighton fans.

Think it's being abit of a wuss emailing the coppers about that, that's nothing.

Oh and PS. We sing 'England England England' against Swansea and Cardiff. So could we be classed as racist?

Feel for those who were subjected to 'racist abuse.'

You linked the police to that video? So now racist chanting is now deemed to be, 'You're not english anymore?'

Christ, what you witnessed at the Oldham vs Liverpool match was racist. Use of the N word, Calling someone a P*ki. Not suggesting that.

Bristol City have done it, loads of other teams have done it. We sing shit to Brighton fans.

Think it's being abit of a wuss emailing the coppers about that, that's nothing.

Oh and PS. We sing 'England England England' against Swansea and Cardiff. So could we be classed as racist?

Feel for those who were subjected to 'racist abuse.'

No because Swansea and Cardiff fans aren't English, they are Welsh. The only reason chanting 'Ingerlund' by Forest against us is because it emplies that black or asian people born in Leicester aren't English when they technically are.

I do have to agree that emailing the police about that one chant maybe a bit overboard. It would need to be strong racial abuse for them to do anything so it will be futile. Many teams do it and so it should be the FA that are alerted, so they can monitor it and if it was to get out of hand, they implement the correct punishments.

As for the 'England' business! Thats not racist, thats country rivalry. If thats racist then chanting at internationals will have to be banned becuase the norwegians find 'England' offensive.

I'm not having this. Racism is wrong, yes, that goes without saying.

But if you hate racism that much, you would've clocked the seat numbers of your own fans, who were racist to your own players, and silently complained about them to the police. Racists are racists, doesn't matter what team they support.

I sadly think, it's your hate of Forest driving this racism thing, rather than your actual hate for racists, otherwise you would've told on your own fans.

I grassed up the chap behind me who continually used the term "ethnically challenged". Go me. I'm a good guy.

Report Abuse and Discrimination

To help communicate The FA’s ethics and sports equity portfolio we created Football For All. This proudly sits under The FA crest and encompasses our work in areas such as race equality, diversity, faith, social inclusion, homophobia and our opposition to abuse and discrimination.

To report incidents of abuse and discrimination please call this number:

Tel: 0800 085 0508*

E-mail: [email protected]

*If you are calling from a mobile telephone, you may be charged for this call.

This e-mail address is strictly reserved for those wishing to report allegations of abuse or discrimination such as incidents of racism or homophobia.

Abuse and Discrimination Referral Form - Click Here to Download.

Reporting Guidance - Click Here to Download.

Send your completed form to our Football For All Team by clicking here.

Guest MattP

Contacting the police over a man using the term "ethnically challenged" and a song of "you're not English anymore" Jesus guys man up Ffs. Forest can get off that ond easily by saying its a song directed at our ownership anyway....

Far more concerning is the stuff in the first post as that seems genuinely racist and had the potential to cause disorder. That's what you should be contacting the police about as it seems to happen every time we go there.

Genuine racism needs dealing with, people have become absolutely obsessed with being offended now, it's almost become a fashion statement.

Abit hypercritical of them being racist when a large majority of there squad are 'mix raced'.

I'm no spelling / grammar nazi, but the spectacular number of mistakes in that sentence did put a slight grin on my face.

More importantly, your point is absolutely correct :thumbup:

(oh and don't ask why I'm on here at 3am, I'm not really sure myself...)

Contacting the police over a man using the term "ethnically challenged" and a song of "you're not English anymore" Jesus guys man up Ffs. Forest can get off that ond easily by saying its a song directed at our ownership anyway....

Far more concerning is the stuff in the first post as that seems genuinely racist and had the potential to cause disorder. That's what you should be contacting the police about as it seems to happen every time we go there.

Genuine racism needs dealing with, people have become absolutely obsessed with being offended now, it's almost become a fashion statement.

I'm genuinely offended that you are offended by me taking offence at the Forest Chavs being offensive even though the offence was not aimed at me directly since,......erm, now i'm confused :unsure:

I do agree with this however.

no

it shouldn't happen. end of. who are you to say whether you should be offended by people chanting songs that ridicule your ethnicity?

Forest singing racist songs at us is nothing new, been getting it for a while now. However it's 2012 we shouldn't have to listen to it each time we go there, so anyone complaining has my backing every time. It's pathetic & shows up them up to be idiotic ****ers.

Guest MattP

no

it shouldn't happen. end of. who are you to say whether you should be offended by people chanting songs that ridicule your ethnicity?

Why are automatically assuming its a song based on ethnicity?

How do you it doesn't refer to the foreign players we have signed or the ownership we have now got?

I remember singing "you're not English anymore" at Arsenal at Highbury, were all the Leicester fans that day racist?

Why are automatically assuming its a song based on ethnicity?

How do you it doesn't refer to the foreign players we have signed or the ownership we have now got?

I remember singing "you're not English anymore" at Arsenal at Highbury, were all the Leicester fans that day racist?

I'm pretty sure 'you're just a small town in baghdad' isn't aimed at the foreign players or the owners. 'town full of pakis' isn't exactly ethnic banter is it either mate?

Guest MattP

I'm pretty sure 'you're just a small town in baghdad' isn't aimed at the foreign players or the owners. 'town full of pakis' isn't exactly ethnic banter is it either mate?

I didn't quote either of those songs did I? I referred to the video that was reported to the police.

If you have those songs on video I'd absolutely recommend they were forwarded to the relevant authorities.

To be honest, is it really any suprise some elements of the Forest fan base are as backward as they are. Lets be honest there will always be devilish croutons of society that will be complete utter weapons, even within our own fanbase its evident, of what can only be described as beyond the pale, no pun intended. Frankly, the elements witnessed of Forest not only yesterday but of recent history suggest that elements of their fanbase are still stuck in the 1980s, much like the club itself. I would say Clough would be ashamed to be associated with the club but he himself was a complete spastic. They will be soon be a relic like Notts County, or even now for that matter, a thought nationally of, 'oh yeah, they used to be relavent'. Frankly is it even worth caring about these numptys, even if Andy Reid himself or Lewis McGugan was of Asian persuasion or even from Baghdad for that matter, they will still be complete shitheads when it comes to understanding the modern socoety beyond there backward lives. Its not for that matter romantic notion being a provincial club that punched above its weight before Sky and Uefa ruined the game, they have not progressed as a club since. As a city we will always be prejudiced against such shitehawks until they actually realise the society they live in.

Let them eat cake. It will bite them eventually, albeit not in a footballing environment. They are just 15/16 year old, probably middle class white boys that think they are little bit untouchable in the environment they were bought up in. It will get them eventually.

I sadly think, it's your hate of Forest driving this racism thing, rather than your actual hate for racists, otherwise you would've told on your own fans.

I think the racist chanting from groups of Forest fans directed at Leicester fans that seems to occur every single time those two teams meet is what's really "driving this racism thing."

I wouldnt take offene to this if I heard chants like what forest did. They look like a bunch of kids anyway. However if I was near them and they started taking the piss out of Leicester that clough song would come out to give them a taste of their own medicine. Crap support from forest.

They are all uneducated clowns, every single time I have been to the city ground I have witnessed racism, the worst last season, when a small collection of youths with their dads (I presume) chanted "fat lazy @&£&@&" at Yakubu, I might fill in a form even though I didn't go! They are a horrible club!

I wouldnt take offene to this if I heard chants like what forest did. They look like a bunch of kids anyway. However if I was near them and they started taking the piss out of Leicester that clough song would come out to give them a taste of their own medicine. Crap support from forest.

I was there the first time we did that! Some guys stood up and started chanting a "town full of, P*****" some genius responds with "he's short he's round, his six feet under ground, Brian clough Brian clough"

Guest MattP

I was there the first time we did that! Some guys stood up and started chanting a "town full of, P*****" some genius responds with "he's short he's round, his six feet under ground, Brian cough Brian cough"

Brian Cough?

Archived