Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

80s Classics

Shocked to see that Alex Taylor, singer of the Shop Assistants and Motorcycle Boy had died - only became public knowledge within the last year, although she died in 2005. :S

Always tragic when someone dies young (she'd have been early 40s, at a guess) but the fact nobody in the music industry/media knew for 15 years in the post-Internet age is a bit shocking as they were a very popular indie band for a while, songs in Peel's Festive 50, record deal, NME C86 cassette etc.

I suppose if she chose to distance herself from music and led a different life? 

One of the best bands around c. 1986-87......

• Like 1

On 14/05/2021 at 10:49, rico said:

Me and a couple of mates got approached by a middle-aged English man with long, jet-black hair and a long overcoat who overheard us talking in a super dingy basement bar in Prague about five years ago. 

He got us some drinks and offered his joint to us (I'm pretty sure he just drank coffee) and we sat chatting away for a couple of hours and all he mentioned about himself was that he was a musician who worked with the Prague symphony orchestra and had been in the industry a long time. Explained that he divided his time between the UK, Switzerland and Prague. 

It wasn't until the last 15 minutes of chatting that he gave us a note with his management details on it and told us to get in touch to arrange coming to a gig when he got back on the road and we got onto the subject of his band. 

We'd just spent a few hours getting drunk and high with Jaz Coleman. I'm pretty sure he introduced himself as Jaz or Jeremy maybe but none of us made any sort of connection. 

Super nice dude. Very unassuming. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1