Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on this awesome show.. I think its starting in the next half hour in the states, don't know any streams tho i'm afraid

We get it on FX, Friday but not sure i can wait that long lol

Am I the only one who thinks the second season has been fairly lame so far? They were just at the farm in every episode taking turns looking for the little girl. Still going to watch the new ones though. Mid-season finale episode was great!

Yes! Loved the first season and haven't been all that engrossed by the second, I've noticed it's got really conversationally. It just seems to be people splitting off into two's and having conversations all the time. I'm assuming it has something to do with the producer Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption) leaving. I thought the mid-season finale was kind of a damp squib, seemed sort of obvious what was going to happen.

2nd season has been nowhere near a patch on the first and that has everything to do with Darabont going off in a hump. Mid season finale was pretty boss if not obvious.

I'l be watching this tonight on tinternet.

Apparently he was fired by AMC.

The network had pushed Darabont to abandon his approach to shooting each episode like it was a movie and were forcing the producers to cut the show’s budget by doing more indoor shooting and reducing the amount of time the zombies are on screen in order to save money on make-up effects. AMC had also announced their intention to keep every dime they save on the show thanks to a 30 percent tax break they receive from filming it in Georgia, rather than rolling that money back into the show or sharing it with the cast and crew. As Darabont himself asked rhetorically, “If you have an asset, why would you punish it?”

What a ridiculous approach. Take what's good about it and what makes it popular and just reduce it.

Apparently he was fired by AMC.

What a ridiculous approach. Take what's good about it and what makes it popular and just reduce it.

That is pretty shocking attitude, but I like the fact that series 2 hasn't been a zombiefest bloodbath, it has added a lot more tension, and make the Zombie attacks more surprising, the first series was good if a little cliched and left a lot of open story lines, Merl, the guy and his son he left in town and the latino gang in the city looking after their Grannies, I get the impression these were developed a lot more in the comic and probably won't be in the TV series but I hope I'm wrong about that.

I've really enjoyed this series, I love zombie films but they always get a bit formulaic, I think that stretching it out over a series has really added a lot mroe depth to it and the increased timescale makes the Zombie apocalypse much more realistic (for a Zombie film)

I can't wait for World War Z though,

Am I the only one who thinks the second season has been fairly lame so far? They were just at the farm in every episode taking turns looking for the little girl. Still going to watch the new ones though. Mid-season finale episode was great!

Totally agree.... Are we related?

I loved the first few episodes but the first part of season 2 was too drawn out and predictable. It's doing a lost on us. Typical american TV programme. Ratings are good.... Milk it..... Ratings are bad..... Get rid of it!

The amazing TV show is back on tonight (in the US anyway).

Anyone know a live stream of the TV channel. Cant find one anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

ps. Its AMC

WTF is your sig?

The amazing TV show is back on tonight (in the US anyway).

Anyone know a live stream of the TV channel. Cant find one anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

ps. Its AMC

WTF is your sig?

• 2 weeks later...

Still loving it!

I really do feel that have really gone into more character development in this series.. We knew Shane was abit of a shady one but his character has come on majorly, i like how they have gave Daryl more scope in this series aswell.. I wasn't feeling that Hershel character but the last two episodes i've grown to just about tolerate him

Oh and Maggie :wub:

Edited by Chrisuki