Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

No probs lads!

I just can't wait for tonight, I'm glad it's on Monday's now as I don't have to hunt down a download the next day or watch a crappy stream at 2 in the morning! yes that's how big a fan I am haha

Great episode once again!

The character development in this season has been so much better than s3 and s2!

PS: Michonne is seriously badass! she's starting to become my favourite character

Don't really like Carls character and to base almost a whole episide around him was a brave move and one that worked

Good ending too!

I wanted to slap Carl a few times but then realised he's doing that typical teenage thing = being a lil shit at times and then realising just how much he needed his Dad haha

Yeah Carl got more or less his own episode but Michonne also came on leaps and bounds in this episode aswell

That shot near the start above the tank took me right back to the pilot episode.

Michonne's almost reversion to her default state and then the realisation that she couldn't really function that way anymore in isolation probably said more for her character development over the last season or so than anything.

Loved this episode!

That shot near the start above the tank took me right back to the pilot episode.

Michonne's almost reversion to her default state and then the realisation that she couldn't really function that way anymore in isolation probably said more for her character development over the last season or so than anything.

Loved this episode!

Good call about the tank! I never thought that but you are right

Yeah Michonne's development has been great and definitely a reason why she's become a big fav of mine plus the fact she is badass

urgh debating whether to catch up or not.

Do it!

Is it just me or is it really boring now?

Watched the new episode last night and was fighting to stay awake. The Walking Dead really is turning into dullsville.

Whaaaaaaaa? deaths, fights, zombies, more deaths, more fights, more zombies = certainly not boring!

The last episode granted was a slow one but it needed to be after the carnage that was witneessed in episode 8... Plus while all that zombie killing, etc is great you also need character development or you just get a show that in the end won't go anywhere, so certain episodes have to have that slower pace

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the finale got hyped up so much it was a tad anti climatic, but I wasn't that disappointed with it... I'd prefer a storytelling cliffhanger than a pointless death...

Overall I was pretty impressed with this season, the character development was brilliant it seemed everyone got somekinda role/story this season, compare it to last season and the development was 100 times better! Some people moaned it was just boring and not as action packed, but what do people want? development or just kill, kill, kill or death, death, death?

Yes it had it's faults, yes it was a slow burner at times but everything had a purpose and the story kinda went full circle in the end with more or less everyone back together again but this time trapped....

We had some fantastic episodes, some good suspense and tension and of course we had the usual gore! I'd give this season an 8.5 outta 10, it was better than S3 imo but not as good as S1 or S2B for me...

I'd rate the series so far

1: S1

2: S2B

3: S4

4: S3

Now just the wait, 7 months infact :( to see just what happens next!

Edited by Chrisuki

I thought it was a great series and a great finale (ok i was expecting a lot more bloody shed but a good twist really). Love how them kept flashing back and comparing new Rick with the old Rick. Good series and looking forward to finding more out about Terminus at least like most American TV shows its only October we have to wait till not next year.

probably the best season finale ever, i dont like it when they leave too much of a cliff hanger, im happy to let them chill in a wagon for a few months, last line was a tad cheesy though. credit to my bro though, who called the cannibal thing immediatly

probably the best season finale ever, i dont like it when they leave too much of a cliff hanger, im happy to let them chill in a wagon for a few months, last line was a tad cheesy though. credit to my bro though, who called the cannibal thing immediatly

I was looking on Wiki to find out when the new series starts and I saw this:

Rick, Michonne, and Carl struggle to find food and shelter. The group of men led by Joe that Daryl has been traveling with find Rick and make known their intent to kill Rick for strangling their friend. They hold Michonne hostage, attempt to sexually assault Carl, and start to beat Darryl for trying to intervene and sacrifice himself.

I did not get that, I thought they were just going to kill him...

So do we think next series will be

prison break style, with the whole series be all about them getting out of Terminus obviously with the help of the others on their way there, and maybe Beth who has been saved and thus saves them with her new buddies, or do you think she is already there with them in some way? Or do you think that the terminus bit will be over pretty soon and then it will be all about getting the mullet to Washington?

[spoiler

I was looking on Wiki to find out when the new series starts and I saw this:

Rick, Michonne, and Carl struggle to find food and shelter. The group of men led by Joe that Daryl has been traveling with find Rick and make known their intent to kill Rick for strangling their friend. They hold Michonne hostage, attempt to sexually assault Carl, and start to beat Darryl for trying to intervene and sacrifice himself.

I did not get that, I thought they were just going to kill him...

So do we think next series will be

prison break style, with the whole series be all about them getting out of Terminus obviously with the help of the others on their way there, and maybe Beth who has been saved and thus saves them with her new buddies, or do you think she is already there with them in some way? Or do you think that the terminus bit will be over pretty soon and then it will be all about getting the mullet to Washington?

terminus bit will be short i would think, getting the mullet to washington might be the mission, but id like to know what happened to beth and if theres something more in store

The attempted Carl rape scene was from the comics as was the last line Rick said, well it was slightly changed in the comics he says "They're ****ing with the wrong people" and the Rick bite scene was from the comics aswell... It certainly was a nod to the comic episode

As for what I think goes down in Terminus? I'm honestly not sure! haha, they are obviously gonna escape but how and when and if it does drag on how do they keep the story entertaining? Seeing the gang trapped in a train cart for 8 episodes will get boring, so they have to either wrap it up after episode 2 max 3 or find an awesome way to keep us watching (yes even a diehard TWD fan like myself would get bored)

It's gonna be interesting to see how Beth, Carol and Tyreese get integrated into the early stages of the season... Are B, C and T already there? did Beth get took by them? or someone else? and let's not forget it's not gonna be as easier as Carol and Tyreese just breaking them free as A: That would be way unrealistic and B: They have a baby with them!

Do they somehow get additional help? do the gang just somehow get out by themselves? I'm more than certain Beth is alive, deaths on TWD are seen and if she died we would have seen it especially for a main character

Could Morgan who's been heavily rumoured to return next season for a few episodes somehow help? It's all questions right now and that's exactly what the writing team wanted, fair play to them!

I think Season 4 whilst being slightly patchy across it's duration has  provided some of the best episodes of the whole show. Last night's A and The Grove were superb!

Genuinely can't wait for Season 5  :scarf:

If they stay close to the comics which they have pretty much, my guess Beth is with either Paul 'Jesus' Monroe who is a bit of a lone survivor. Or Ezekiel who is head of 'The Kingdom' which is pretty messed up and a bit like Woodbury but bigger. She could be out of it for a while and this could be their next problem after Terminus. I think they will take 3 or 4 episodes to get out of there and I do think somehow Carol and Tyrese will save the day. I think the main aim for the next season or two will be getting to Washington though - which is a heck of a distance from where they are.

If they stay close to the comics which they have pretty much, my guess Beth is with either Paul 'Jesus' Monroe who is a bit of a lone survivor. Or Ezekiel who is head of 'The Kingdom' which is pretty messed up and a bit like Woodbury but bigger. She could be out of it for a while and this could be their next problem after Terminus. I think they will take 3 or 4 episodes to get out of there and I do think somehow Carol and Tyrese will save the day. I think the main aim for the next season or two will be getting to Washington though - which is a heck of a distance from where they are.

Yeah DC is definitely in the works which than sets up Negan, etc which if done right will be fantastic viewing! I think they will introduce Negan at the end of S5 but give little clues to his existence probably after the mid season finale

The cast and writers have already said they will be branching out to new places next season so I'm sure DC will be the next stop after this Terminus thing is done

I guess it all depends on how they develop the other story arcs, if Beth is somewhere else, it could split between her story and the Terminus story, giving them more time to develop terminus, but then if they are cannibals they aren't going to waste food keeping them alive just to eat them, so that would be pretty implausible. I would expect Terminus to be resolved by the mid season break.

One option is that the Terminus people only eat the people that turn up and don't follow the rules, so Tyreese and Carol turn up with Judith, get accepted, then find Rick and the others, get the guns he stashed, blast out of there, freeing some of the other prisoners, who they leave to run terminus in a good way. Or if Beth is with some other survivors, maybe they attack Terminus knowing what they are, and rescue the gang.

Re: The "Kingdom" I don't really want another Woodbury type series, as good as series 3 was, but then a long slog to Washington could be a bit tedious too. I also kind of want a bit of faith in humanity restored, I know that is the whole point of it, but the amount of rapists, killers, cannibals, megalomaniacs and general scumbags that have survived is quite depressing. I was kind of hoping that terminus would be a sort of salvation, maybe a bit religious and nutty, but good people, with them back together and safe, but knowing they will have a long slog to Washington coming up, so they can't stay there.