Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

8 players to come in.

I think a lot of us are yet to be convinced. Beckford's game is goalscoring, and he hasn't really done that well enough to justify the amount we're spending on him. He's only scored in 7 out of our 45 league games, which is shocking. I know people will say he's got about the same number of goals as Nugent, but goals in the cup don't get us any nearer to promotion. I reckon we could get two players to each contribute what he has this season with Beckford's wages.

Obviously, Nugent's had a good season, and Beckford might be a decent player at the right club, but I really don't see them as a good partnership. They're too similar, and we need someone who can hold the ball up. I'd keep Beckford as a squad player, but I don't think we could justify that with the wages he's on. With the new FFP rules, we're going to have to be much more sensible with money, and Beckford is terrible value. I don't dislike Beckford, but I reckon we could do so much more with the money being spent on him.

I agree with you again Raw Dykes....

Spot on

first 11 next season:

gk:K.Schemichel

rb: G.halford (port 500k)

cb:james chester (hull 2m)

cb: morgan

lb: konchesky

dm:danns

rm:brady (hull 2m)

lm:mcsheffery (500k cov)

am:Henry (millwall 2m)

st:nugent

st:keogh (millwall 2m)

Bench: De laet 1m(MU), Bamba ,drinkwater, dyer, e.Heskey 1m(AV)

spare: wheale, peltier, kennedy, marshall, SSL, waghorn, norris 500k port, king, wellends (sold when fit), Mcdonald 500k(CC)

loaned out: smith, moore, burns, byrne, taft, hopper, schluup

Sold: Pantsil 500k, Mills 1.5m, Beckford 3m, gallagher 1m, Tunchev 5

first 11 next season:

K.Schemichel

w.morgan J.chester 2m(HC)

g.halford 500k(port) P.Konchesky

n.Danns

R.Brady 2m (mu) g.Mcsheffery 500k (CC)

j.Henry 2m(mw)

d.Nugent a.keogh 1.5m (mw)

Bench: De laet 1m(MU), Bamba ,drinkwater, dyer, e.Heskey 1m(AV)

spare: wheale, peltier, kennedy, marshall, SSL, waghorn, norris 500k port, king, wellends (sold when fit), Mcdonald 500k(CC)

loaned out: smith, moore, burns, byrne, taft, hopper, schluup

Sold: Pantsil 500k, Mills 1.5m, Beckford 3m, gallagher 1m, Tunchev 5

Nah mate.....

The reason we have struggled the last two seasons is because of inconsistency caused by inconsistencies at the club, managers, players, tactics, styles etc.

People who keep saying we need wholesale changes are deluded if they think that will get us up next season. Admittedly some have to go but we need to get the blend of youth and experience and that means keeping some of the old guard, Gally and Tunch to go yes, but King and Wellens are still key players even if they aren't playing every week.

And Mills sounds like he has burnt his bridges

5 mil for kasper? I'd take that, he's been fantastic but for that money you could easily get a decent replacement + a couple of other first team replacements. Be sad to see him leave, but it's good business...

5 mil for kasper? I'd take that, he's been fantastic but for that money you could easily get a decent replacement + a couple of other first team replacements. Be sad to see him leave, but it's good business...

We have just put a price tag for that ammount but he won't go, he said he loves it here

I think it's going to be difficult to get rid of the unwanted high earners, which means if a club in the premier, or a top division side from another country come in for Kasper, we might have to accept a decent offer.

We may be able to agree a termination of Pantsil's contract, but I'm not sure Mills is going to be as easy to get out the door. Other clubs know the situation so nobody is going to come in with an offer anywhere close to what we've payed, and with the financial fair play on the horizon he's not going to be a target for other championship clubs. Same with Beckford if Pearson decides he wants rid.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bamba go though - contract expiring at the end of next season, if a French ligue 1 club come in for him i'd think we'd snap their hands off.

I think there may be surprises ahead with players who we thought would stay leaving and some expected to leave stay. It all depends on what money is offered and whether other teams can match the wages we are paying.

In short, nothing would shock me.

David Norris 500k? Brady,keogh for 2 mil each? Are you having a laugh?

Dont get all this rave with chester either - looked average in our two games this season and got destroyed by carlton cole today - something which didnt happen to bamba and morgan.

Would love us to take a punt on both Lee Tomlin (leicester lad) and Emile Sinclair - both seem to run Peterboroughs attacking play, and lets face it Boro are a good attacking side.

Harry Kane and Andy Keogh have also been very impressive this season - none will hit 20 goals a year, but both are better physically than any other forward we have,

so in terms of forwards, i would be happy to get rid of beckford and howard (already gone) and bring in sinclair, harry kane (loan) and Tomlin (more of a center forward than a striker).

midfield - already have a solid base with king, danns, drinky, dyer and marshall. Think we need to get rid of wellens (will be no use next season) and gally (we have better and will need better)

possibly bring in stewart?, brady?, and in the centre - no idea but a lot of suggestion on here has been liam trotter - and he does have a bit of physical presence in the middle which we need.

Pretty sorted at the back IMO - possibly another center back, such as Mariappa (watford) but unlikely to join unless guaranteed 1st team football.

My 1st team next season...

..........................Kasper............................

Moore.......Morgan.........Bamba.............Konch

..................Drinky...........Danns........................

Stewart................Tomlin......................Marshall

...........................Sinclair.....................................

a lot of creativity and goal scoring potential in this team - also contains a lot of hardworking players who are decent at defending e.g. danns and drinky (reads the game well defensiveley).

Dont get all this rave with chester either - looked average in our two games this season and got destroyed by carlton cole today - something which didnt happen to bamba and morgan.

Would love us to take a punt on both Lee Tomlin (leicester lad) and Emile Sinclair - both seem to run Peterboroughs attacking play, and lets face it Boro are a good attacking side.

Harry Kane and Andy Keogh have also been very impressive this season - none will hit 20 goals a year, but both are better physically than any other forward we have,

so in terms of forwards, i would be happy to get rid of beckford and howard (already gone) and bring in sinclair, harry kane (loan) and Tomlin (more of a center forward than a striker).

midfield - already have a solid base with king, danns, drinky, dyer and marshall. Think we need to get rid of wellens (will be no use next season) and gally (we have better and will need better)

possibly bring in stewart?, brady?, and in the centre - no idea but a lot of suggestion on here has been liam trotter - and he does have a bit of physical presence in the middle which we need.

Pretty sorted at the back IMO - possibly another center back, such as Mariappa (watford) but unlikely to join unless guaranteed 1st team football.

a lot of creativity and goal scoring potential in this team - also contains a lot of hardworking players who are decent at defending e.g. danns and drinky (reads the game well defensiveley).

You can't say 'are you having a laugh' when you want Emile Sinclair as our main striker ...

So you'd use Liam Moore, at right back, and play Emile Sinclair instead of Nugent or Beckford who have both scored more than him this season?

Even if He does sign players, he has a track record with alot of signings and getting them to gel as he seems to buy the same sort of player, and Yes he is selling to buy, and with the sort of players i expect him to bring in (youngsters from top clubs like Brady from Utd) (and also maybe a couple of older players from the Championship like Wellens) Beckfords rumoured 40k a week would cover the likes of brady, stewart etc as surely they wont be on anymore than 8-10k now (im sure brady is under a youth/reserve contract at united)

i would love to see an overhaul of players, pearson is very good in the transfer windows.

for the last time Jermaine Beckford is not on 40k a week, ****ing danny welbeck is on 45k with his new deal

Schmeichel

Ricketts - Chester - Morgan - Konchesky

Danns - Trotter - Drinkwater

Marshall

Nugent - Beckford

Other signings I'd like to see - Johnnie Jackson, Jacob Butterfield, Harry Kane, Simon Cox, Simeon Jackson, Gary Mackay-Steven, David Templeton(Players along these lines, or some of these)

You might want to re-think that one

• 2 weeks later...

some people are mad with only two or three changes to there team for the side starting next seasons campaign but what you really have to remeber is the fact of how far of the pace we have been this season. To have a realistic chance of making the top 2 we need at least 5- 10 top draw chamionship/pl level players, we simply havent been good enough this season

also remember we might have a number of outgoing players

we need

2-3 top championship centerbacks

1-2 top championship wing backs

1-2 top championship defensive midfeilders

1-2 top championship creative midfeilders

1-2 top championship wingers

1-2 top championship strikers

Archived