Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

8 players to come in.

For a club with supposed buckets of money and FFP looming, NP is about the most sensible manager you could have in place. He'll get it right.

I trust NP to get it right we will go for youngish players with potential you cannot go alot wrong with that imo, it may take time for the players to gel but when they do we are going to be a formidable outfit in this league.

ercy@John__Percy

@rtones the players he wants are all for the future. Will be nothing like Sven's supermarket sweep policy

That all sounds good but if they're for the future I hope the fans and board don't panic in October things aren't going perfectly. With FFP looming its a good idea to bring in promising youngsters to keep down costs in the future

Happy Neurotic Fox's opinions change like the fucking wind.

Let me guess you have been waiting for this moment to mock me :whistle: , what have I said, I have always maintained that NP is a manager that isn't a quick fix in terms of results he is a long term in the sense that promotion will take at least 2 seasons imo, of the owners are willing to go down this route which they seem to be doing, than that is fine, what we don't want is a situation like this season where we sack a manager after 13 games.

Let me guess you have been waiting for this moment to mock me :whistle: , what have I said, I have always maintained that NP is a manager that isn't a quick fix in terms of results he is a long term in the sense that promotion will take at least 2 seasons imo, of the owners are willing to go down this route which they seem to be doing, than that is fine, what we don't want is a situation like this season where we sack a manager after 13 games.

It's not based on anything particularly in this thread, it's just a general observation. You're a bit like a flanimal/maddog hybrid, harmless enough though. ;)

I love Nigel Pearson because he does his football like its supposed to be. Proper football manager 2012 style transfer window coming up!!

lol My thoughts exactly! I thought the exact same thing a couple of hours ago and wondered whether that's why I trust him as much as I do.

I'm sorry if I'm blind or something? But hasn't Nugent and Beckford create a good partnership upfront, one of the best in the league? And you lot all want shot of Beckford! The money's gone to your heads! 2 seasons ago, any of you would have taken Beckford without thinking. Take a step down a minute, and see the view from every other clubs level, who would love Beckford in their team.

I'm sorry if I'm blind or something? But hasn't Nugent and Beckford create a good partnership upfront, one of the best in the league? And you lot all want shot of Beckford! The money's gone to your heads! 2 seasons ago, any of you would have taken Beckford without thinking. Take a step down a minute, and see the view from every other clubs level, who would love Beckford in their team.

I think the (sensible) majority would like to see him still here next season.

I like nugent alot but im not 100 percent sure on beckford and i wouldnt mind a replacement.

I think a lot of us are yet to be convinced. Beckford's game is goalscoring, and he hasn't really done that well enough to justify the amount we're spending on him. He's only scored in 7 out of our 45 league games, which is shocking. I know people will say he's got about the same number of goals as Nugent, but goals in the cup don't get us any nearer to promotion. I reckon we could get two players to each contribute what he has this season with Beckford's wages.

Obviously, Nugent's had a good season, and Beckford might be a decent player at the right club, but I really don't see them as a good partnership. They're too similar, and we need someone who can hold the ball up. I'd keep Beckford as a squad player, but I don't think we could justify that with the wages he's on. With the new FFP rules, we're going to have to be much more sensible with money, and Beckford is terrible value. I don't dislike Beckford, but I reckon we could do so much more with the money being spent on him.

Steve Howard´s already left yesterday, Mills, pantsil, Bamba, Beckford & Konchesky have all been reported to be on the OUT LIST plus another 3 but can´t remember who.

Time will tell who´s in or who´s out but NP will need to be spot on with all his deallings this summer that for sure.

:P

except he hasn't formed a partnership, I've said that I'm not expecting some kind of Cole/Yorke telepathy, but it would be nice of they acknowledged each other's existence a bit more often. It's a terrible double act, both of them are better feeding off someone... just adds to the imbalanced-ness of the team.

Plus 9 goals in 38 league appearances is far from good enough... he was signed to be a 'name' I'd sooner not have a 'name' and have someone who bangs them in and contributes to the team ethic

yes you are blind. their link up play is terrible. both of them drift too far outside. they don't compliment each other. not a good partnership (with the current midfield).

Archived